Matt Moyer transferring | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually have very little, if any, playing time to offer this year. Oshae will play 35; bazley will play 30. Chukwu and Sidibe will play 30 combined. That remain8ng 25 minutes goes to marek. There is no need for another forward this year

Cuse

Wrong. There is always a need to fill scholarships. As bees has already posted, practice time with capable bodies is hugely beneficial and yes injuries happen. The last few years all I heard about was how much the sanctions and scholarship losses hurt our program, now we aren't going to use them all?

My god... I love it!

Okay, now we are only targeting Whitney at forward in 2019? This thread is a fountain of misinformation.
I know this thread is getting u turnt up a bit and I usually am riding with you in your back and forths with people but Whitney is pretty much so far the only forward we are activey recruiting. All those pf/c’s are for the middle and guerrier could be a 2 (probably more a three).

We actually have very little, if any, playing time to offer this year. Oshae will play 35; bazley will play 30. Chukwu and Sidibe will play 30 combined. That remain8ng 25 minutes goes to marek. There is no need for another forward this year

Cuse
Key phrase...regular transfer, not grad

Oh geez, that's a leap.

I have no insider information, but somewhere along the way trust was damaged. A kid that was so enthusiastic doesn't transfer unless they stop believing they are getting a fair deal.
I'm not disagreeing that trust wasn't damaged.Im speculating that he and his family saw the writing on the wall for pt next season and he chose to transfer. Nothing more, nothing less. I believe he could have eventually become a contributor for the team. He needed to work o. His jumper and d. I never questioned his hustle or effort. I mean he looked liked a deer in headlights some games (TCU). JB has never been known to coddle.

I acknowledge everything you said in this post as true.

Doesn’t mean you should quit your dream of playing basketball at Syracuse bc you didn’t like what the coach said in a press conference.
I don't disagree with that at all. It has been said by others, that Newhouse degree, with the A.D. we have and his ability to open doors for you, is worth more than the hoop playing time. To me, anyway. Plus, I think he would have played a lot his Jr. and sr. years. Ask Scott McCorkle.

I don't disagree with that at all. It has been said by others, that Newhouse degree, with the A.D. we have and his ability to open doors for you, is worth more than the hoop playing time. To me, anyway. Plus, I think he would have played a lot his Jr. and sr. years. Ask Scott McCorkle.

It’s not nineteen ninety whenever Scott McCorkle played. Kids just don’t have that kind of patience for PT anymore.

I was saddened to see this development. Matt is a great young man. If I had a son, I would want him to be like Matt. I cn’t help thinking he might have stayed had JB included him in the rotation all season. I think he deserved that much given all the loyalty he showed the program.

But he usually struggled in the playing time he received and when you look at his skill set, the way Syracuse plays, and the roster for the next year or two, it is understandable this was going to happen.

I hope Matt finds a place that is close to the quality of Newhouse, where he will be a key part of the basketball team the rest of his career. Maybe Northwestern? Wherever he goes, whatever he does, I know I will be rooting for him. I wish him only the best.
Ugh, sorry to see this happen. I echo the sentiments here. He’s first class all the way.

But the writing was on the wall. We were/are recruiting over him. Could he have been a 4 year guy? Sure. But the time was going to be hard to come by. Others may have that same issue shortly.

Also has nothing to do with OB.

Coaches who coddle players are unemployed - must be tough on them to win

New generation of players are coddled their entire lives - if you can't take it transfer to the MAC or worse

Good luck - he has no hope of NBA - Newhouse degree and he might make national tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom