Matt Moyer transferring | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

A player's parents aren't going to ring up an athletic trainer. Typically they will try to communicate with the coaching staff. I'm not going further with this part of the discussion. It was also discussed in great detail on a podcast but I'm not going into further specifics. I'm sure you can connect the dots.

I'm sorry, but as a middle-aged white guy, I really have to call out my brethren like you. We live in a different time and a different age. If JB believes that parents shouldn't get involved, he should hang it up, because all parents from this point forward are only going to be more engaged. We parents have invested so much time, effort, energy and money into our kids that yes, we expect ROI and we expect to be intimately involved. If that's not going to happen at SU, fine. We'll take our ball (player) and go elsewhere...
Matt Moyer transferring

Guys never get better at Syracuse? Good to know.

Would you admit there are some players who simply will never improve enough and that its best to cut bait? Under your theory, no player should ever transfer because he may improve.

A player's parents aren't going to ring up an athletic trainer. Typically they will try to communicate with the coaching staff. I'm not going further with this part of the discussion. It was also discussed in great detail on a podcast but I'm not going into further specifics. I'm sure you can connect the dots.
Yeah, and that podcast said the Moyers spoke with the trainer.

I'm sorry, but as a middle-aged white guy, I really have to call out my brethren like you. We live in a different time and a different age. If JB believes that parents shouldn't get involved, he should hang it up, because all parents from this point forward are only going to be more engaged. We parents have invested so much time, effort, energy and money into our kids that yes, we expect ROI and we expect to be intimately involved. If that's not going to happen at SU, fine. We'll take our ball (player) and go elsewhere...
Food for thought. JB a doesnt want parents involved, yet he basically pulls a power move on Hop because he wants to coach his son.

Food for thought. JB a doesnt want parents involved, yet he basically pulls a power move on Hop because he wants to coach his son.

Interesting theory. I wonder if any calls have been made to Cornell for his older boy...

Guys never get better at Syracuse? Good to know.

The way a lot of our fans have given up on players after a year or two is frustrating. We’ve had lots of guys look awful early in their career.

Phil Booth and Donte Divencenzo did nothing their firs couple years at Nova and now look at them.

Our fans hate when guys go pro, but want to shove guys out the door if they aren’t ready in their first two years.

As if that was the only reason. The man can still coach. He's the best in the game right now.

That's not an apples to apples comparison anyway.

He is playing Major DI basketball. Sadly,you are correct with the modern day helicopter parenting that goes on. I see it all the time with my daughter with lax and hockey. It's a sad look when parents are trying to dictate playing time in competitive sports. I would encourage those helicopter parents to enroll their children in house league sports and not competitive sports. This is a reason that programs can't keep good coaches at the youth levels. Let the coaches coach and the parents be parents.

I think JB would have wanted to coach even if he didn’t have a son. That’s all he knows.

This.
That 9 day suspension likely crystallized that for him.
He’s a coach. It’s all he knows, all he is.

Getting to coach Buddy is just a bonus.

You think sitting one game made a difference?

It's not just one game. It's all the time between the preceding and following games. I don't remember the schedule around the game he sat out, but if there was a week between the game before it and the game after it, that's a significant chunk of time.

It’s his program, he’s still one of the best out there, and he deserves to go out when he freakin wants to - as long as he can still do the job, which he continues to prove he can.

As if that was the only reason. The man can still coach. He's the best in the game right now.

That's not an apples to apples comparison anyway.
He is a great coach. Bobby was a great coach as was woody. Jb has a major flaw. He is extremely insecure, very sensitive to criticism and he becomes aggressively defensive when threatened. He always has.
Read his book, read his interviews. He readily admits it.

Would you admit there are some players who simply will never improve enough and that its best to cut bait? Under your theory, no player should ever transfer because he may improve.

Of course some players won't improve enough to be a big contributor. Your earlier comment was that players are either Cuse level or they're not. That sounds like a very black and white thing. Not much ambiguity there and no room for improvement. Sometimes it's best to cut bait but maybe not after one year in all circumstances. When should it be determined that players are "Cuse level?" JB obviously thought Matt was Cuse level, or he wouldn't have given him a scholarship and started him for a good chunk of the season before he got hurt.

He is a great coach. Bobby was a great coach as was woody. Jb has a major flaw. He is extremely insecure, very sensitive to criticism and he becomes aggressively defensive when threatened. He always has.

A lot of coaches are that way.

It's not just one game. It's all the time between the preceding and following games. I don't remember the schedule around the game he sat out, but if there was a week between the game before it and the game after it, that's a significant chunk of time.
You might have a point if he wasn't practicing the entire time.

What's significant about the timeline is his parents went to see him play at Louisville. Then they made him sit the next game.

OK. And that addresses the point how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors