Matt Moyer transferring | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good kid. Wish him the best. With Bazley coming in, Brissett and Dolezaj returning, he just wasn't going to get much playing time. But he has to sit out the year. He would likely play a lot the following year when both starting forwards likely leave early. But whatever.

He's already redshirted, so if he transfers to a D-II program, could he play right away?

This writing was probably on the wall since the DNP fallout following his injury. From a playing time perspective, this seems like a good move for Matt. I wish him all the best, hard not to root for a kid like this.

Well, so much for that.

Really good kid. Wish him the best. With Bazley coming in, Brissett and Dolezaj returning, he just wasn't going to get much playing time. But he has to sit out the year. He would likely play a lot the following year when both starting forwards likely leave early. But whatever.
It would make the most sense for him to stay, which leads me to believe that Moyer and his family might not have been happy with how the coaching staff handled him this year.

Probably the best move for him. He'll get playing time at another school. He just redshirted, was injured/didn't play much this year and might as well be redshirted again next year with OB/DB/MD at the Forward spots.

Well wishes to Matt for sure!

this is why recruiting hype must be tempered. go back a couple years when he signed. doubt that him leaving after 1 year of eligibility because he was not good enough to get on the court on a team with zero depth was even a 10 percent likelihood

Too bad. Impossible not to like the kid. I was really hoping to see his development in a couple seasons, but it would have been hard to get PT next year so I understand. Wonder if the whole injury thing and how it played out was a big factor?

Regardless, good luck to Matt. He's one I definitely will follow and cheer for wherever he ends up.

It would make the most sense for him to stay, which leads me to believe that Moyer and his family might not have been happy with how the coaching staff handled him this year.

why even go down that path? Its likely as simple as he wants to play and will find a good situation where he can do that.

why even go down that path? Its likely as simple as he wants to play and will find a good situation where he can do that.

He’s gotta sit out a year though - which will cost him a year of eligibility. So he’s going to transfer somewhere and only have 2 years left to play. He’d probably have a good chance to play here his last two years?

Oh well. We’re stacked at forward for next year and have time to add a couple to the 2019 class. Hopefully Moyer finds a good fit and has success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom