Matt Moyer transferring | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way a lot of our fans have given up on players after a year or two is frustrating. We’ve had lots of guys look awful early in their career.

Phil Booth and Donte Divencenzo did nothing their firs couple years at Nova and now look at them.

Our fans hate when guys go pro, but want to shove guys out the door if they aren’t ready in their first two years.
Sums up how i feel about this.

Sucky news but the staff needs to go out and look at a regular transfer for the forward spot. We have a lot of PT to sell someone. We arent really targeting any forwards in 19 except Whitney

7F7BB1FC-0DF2-4E18-94E9-2307C127B579.jpeg

Was that wrong?... Huh...
Just give me half a dozen guys who are capable of playing big minutes as freshmen, get progressively better each year (but never get good enough to be NBA prospects) and are all-league caliber players by the time they are upperclassmen. Is that too much to ask?

I would assume JB is not contacting the Cornell coach about Jr's playing time. It's freaking DI sports people. His ROI is Jr. Is getting an Ivy education and playing DI basketball.

Just asking a question. JB is hypercompetitive. One has to wonder.

I think a lot of people are making judgments about a young man and a family we don't know. A kid that has Orange in his blood. He stayed with us when we were hit with sanctions. He recruited for us. I don't question him or his family one bit. And neither should anyone here.

I think a lot of people are making judgments about a young man and a family we don't know. A kid that has Orange in his blood. He stayed with us when we were hit with sanctions. He recruited for us. I don't question him or his family one bit. And neither should anyone here.

It's Monday night and there is no hoops on that I can find watchable. So while not necessary, this chatter is altogether predictable.

The way a lot of our fans have given up on players after a year or two is frustrating. We’ve had lots of guys look awful early in their career.

Phil Booth and Donte Divencenzo did nothing their firs couple years at Nova and now look at them.

Our fans hate when guys go pro, but want to shove guys out the door if they aren’t ready in their first two years.
That's a bad, bad, bad example.

Booth scored 20 points in the championship game 2 seasons ago. DiVencenzo redshirted 2 seasons ago, was a very valuable piece off the bench last year, and is one of their "6 starters" this year.

That's a bad, bad, bad example.

Booth scored 20 points in the championship game 2 seasons ago. DiVencenzo redshirted 2 seasons ago, was a very valuable piece off the bench last year, and is one of their "6 starters" this year.

Look at his first season. Nova never has guys leave and consistently wins 30 games.

Agreed. I just wish he wouldnt criticize players publicly. He comes across as being mean spirited which is not who he is.

I rarely take issue with what he says. My issue is with who hears it.

Sucky news but the staff needs to go out and look at a regular transfer for the forward spot. We have a lot of PT to sell someone. We arent really targeting any forwards in 19 except Whitney
Here is a PF grad transfer that just declared a few minutes ago:
Verbal Commits‏ @VerbalCommits 20m20 minutes ago
Illinois F Michael Finke (RS JR) is leaving the program. Grad transfer with one year of eligibility. http://verbalcommits.com/players/michael-finke …

Michael Finke College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Instead we’ll crucify the guy who built Syracuse basketball to the point where he is THE reason this message board community even exists.

And of course we’re just supposed to take people’s word for it that JB and the staff treated the family poorly. No sources, no evidence that these stories were cross referenced.

Just... JB is the boogeyman, trust us.

Instead we’ll crucify the guy who built Syracuse basketball to the point where this message board community even exists.

And of course we’re just supposed to take people’s word for it that JB and the staff treated the family poorly. No sources, no evidence that these stories were cross referenced.

Please find me the posts where Jb has been crucified? That is a straw man argument.

We actually have very little, if any, playing time to offer this year. Oshae will play 35; bazley will play 30. Chukwu and Sidibe will play 30 combined. That remain8ng 25 minutes goes to marek. There is no need for another forward this year

Cuse

Instead we’ll crucify the guy who built Syracuse basketball to the point where he is THE reason this message board community even exists.

We aren't crucifying him FFS. Just want him to stop being the grumpy old man. Show some wisdom to go along with that advanced age...

Between this thread and the one that took place after his presser you woulda thought JB shot the pope.
Only a sycophant would think that JB does no wrong. He doesn't walk on water or sit at the right hand of the father. He has many great qualities. A real complex guy. But he can be a bully. And rude. He can also be very kind and generous. As I said, a complex guy. To not acknowledge that, serves no purpose

Only a sycophant would think that JB does do wrong. He doesn't walk on water or sit at the right hand of the father. He has many great qualities. A real complex guy. But he can be a bully. And rude. He can also be very kind and generous. As I said, a complex guy. To not acknowledge that, serves no purpose

I acknowledge everything you said in this post as true.

Doesn’t mean you should quit your dream of playing basketball at Syracuse bc you didn’t like what the coach said in a press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom