Matt Moyer transferring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's already redshirted, so if he transfers to a D-II program, could he play right away?
Yes, he could play at a D-II or D-III school next season.

why even go down that path? Its likely as simple as he wants to play and will find a good situation where he can do that.
It’s pure speculation, but he will need to sit out a year and lose a year of eligibility no matter which school he transfers to. I don’t think playing sparingly next year is worse than not playing at all, especially when he could become a major contributor here the following year.

This isn’t shocking.
I feel for the kid.
We should give him an unconditional release and let him go wherever he wants.

We need to add another player.
We can’t be short rostered again.

Yeah the short roster potential annoys me. Even though it appears we have decent depth, everyone can see how quickly that evaporated this year. Marek have any brothers?

Tough part of this for next year is getting a quality forward (if that's the plan). Not many high level players will want to come to a team with 2 potential lottery picks at the 3/4 backed up by a guy who balled out in the Tournament as a freshman.

Does Marek know a another Slovakian who is a good PF and wants to join him at Syracuse next year?

I don't agree with that. I don't think Ob going or being back had anything to do with this.

Agreed. I doubt this decision has anything to do with Brissett. I mean, he was starting with Brissett early in the year.

Tough part of this for next year is getting a quality forward (if that's the plan). Not many high level players will want to come to a team with 2 potential lottery picks at the 3/4 backed up by a guy who balled out in the Tournament as a freshman.
I think a healthy Sidibe will be able to give JB some minutes at the 4 in a pinch.

Wowzers. Didn't someone say he was in Newhouse??? If so...this is a head scratcher. Kid is 100x more likely to become a millionaire broadcaster than a millionaire basketball player.

From all accounts a great student and well rounded person.

Hope the best for him, he played hard all the time.

Wowzers. Didn't someone say he was in Newhouse??? If so...this is a head scratcher. Kid is 100x more likely to become a millionaire broadcaster than a millionaire basketball player.

From all accounts a great student and well rounded person.

Hope the best for him, he played hard all the time.
I think JB's comments after the game he sat basically ended Moyer's career at Syracuse. One way or the other.

Maybe he knows we are recruiting another guy.

I'm sure he knows we are recruiting other forwards. Every program does. But unless we are close to landing his replacement in 2019, not sure I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom