Matt Moyer transferring | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
From his signing day article...

DZPnEzQU8AAk7GA.jpg:large

A kid that was not going to play much doesn't really effect our rotation all that much.
But he would have provided experienced depth for next season, and would have been in line for a bigger role as a redshirt junior and senior.

But he needs to do what he thinks is best and makes him happiest, and I wish him well.

I don't agree with that. I don't think Ob going or being back had anything to do with this.

If he knew Oshae was gone I would think he would stick around but who knows. No point of playing detective

Any chance this opens the door for Jimmy Boeheim from Cornell to come over to play w dad/bro?

Ivy League's don't allow grad transfers either, so even later on won't happen

Kid must really want to play next year. Someone yesterday thought he’d be a natural grad transfer and could possibility graduate from SU after next summer and have two years starting then. A little surprised he didn’t go that route, to get the Newhouse degree.

Why? We have three players who can play the 4 next year. Bazley, Brisset and Marek.
Another guy who could play forward minutes. Those other three could all play the 3 as well 4.

No. If Jimmy could play st this level we would already have him. He shot something like 23% from 3 this year I think

wow he's not that good. He seemed decent in the Cornell game when i watched him.

strike that idea!

Really like M.M. and wish him the best. The decision has been made, and I don't know where he is academically, but if he is a good student might it make sense to stick around gobble up credits and then grad transfer at the end of next year?

I think JB's comments after the game he sat basically ended Moyer's career at Syracuse. One way or the other.
I suspect that's right.
His dad had to ask Boeheim to hold Matt out.
And then Boeheim's comment that he doesn't play someone who doesn't want to play may have really stung.

It's too bad because Matt really wanted to be at SU.. and he always went hard.
Hope he does well wherever he goes.

Wowzers. Didn't someone say he was in Newhouse??? If so...this is a head scratcher. Kid is 100x more likely to become a millionaire broadcaster than a millionaire basketball player.

From all accounts a great student and well rounded person.

Hope the best for him, he played hard all the time.
Yes. He was in Newhouse, and I agree about the potential with finishing that degree. Moyer's academic advisor retired in Dec. and moved to Arizona. Newhouse Prof. We watched pretty much every game together. Raved about how nice Moyer is. Maybe the academic advisor change along with the sprain, and a couple of other things led to this. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom