Matt Moyer transferring | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called taking the high road.
Meh, he was asked a question during a press conference and he answered it. (If you want to say he was chomping at the bit to give his side of things, I won't disagree.) I'm not going to criticize JB for speaking his mind, because I'd like to see more coaches and players doing the same.

I'm sorry to see him go as I was really pulling for him. I liked his hustle . On the flip side, I was disappointed with his skill level and his decision-making/grasp of the system, which is also on the coaching staff.

I think he had a lot of upside to look forward to in year 3 and 4. A lot of kids make impatient decisions at his age and I feel like this is one of those instances. But, he's got to do what he think is best for him and I wish him well.

Meh, he was asked a question during a press conference and he answered it. (If you want to say he was chomping at the bit to give his side of things, I won't disagree.) I'm not going to criticize JB for speaking his mind, because I'd like to see more coaches and players doing the same.
Not me. The kid left. If that had anything to do with it, then it's a loss that didn't have to happen. Big picture. Long view.

I was wrong. I thought he was Orange to the pulp. He seemed like a really good kid. He'll be successful in whatever he pursues.

Welp I hate to say I told you so in my ‘So Moyer’ thread that was locked but I told you so.

I feel bad for the kid because he loved Syracuse but the writing was so on the wall. He couldn’t find any time in a 6 man rotation band-aided together. He isn’t getting off the bench next year.

Jermey described many of my thoughts exactly and I never even mentioned ankle-gate in my original thread. I more or less wanted to see what other people thought.

His game is severely limited so I hope he works on it and I wish him nothing but the best. He’s a smart kid and his future will be fine.

Last edited:
I wonder how this plays out if we had normal depth and he never got into a game based on not being ready. If he rode the bench this year on a normal Cuse squad, is he still transferring?
I think that would depend on why he is transferring.

JB was out of line. He can say anything he wants to their face. You keep crap like this in house.

I don't have a problem with it. If you ever have the chance to coach a sport, you will see for yourself how intrusive parents can be. Everyone thinks their kid can be a pro and that they know better than the coach. A parent should never do what Moyer's father did. Matt is a grown man. He can't have his parents leaving Ohio for a sprained ankle.

DUH!!!......we basically had a six man rotation and Boehiem played his starters for 40 minutes a game....I thought after the Boehiem/dad disagreement it was a given Moyer and family would look for a better situation after the season ended.

Not shocked this must mean brissett is a lock to come back.

Mutually exclusive, it seems to me. Moyer and his family unhappy. OB hopefully coming back but I can't see how that is set in stone at this point.

I don't have a problem with it. If you ever have the chance to coach a sport, you will see for yourself how intrusive parents can be. Everyone thinks their kid can be a pro and that they know better than the coach. A parent should never do what Moyer's father did. Matt is a grown man. He can't have his parents leaving Ohio for a sprained ankle.
I coached American Legion baseball when I was 22 years old. We went to the final 8 in the state and were beat by Ron Darling. The team that won the state and finished second in the country, we beat. I always took the high road and I had some nitwit parents.

And I’ll add, he’s going to end up at a school more in his wheelhouse like a Dayton, maybe a Butler.

It is a real shame to see such a great ambassador leave the Syracuse Basketball team.

I believe that he is one of the reasons that there was such comradery among the Basketball team.

I also feel that he was one of the primary reasons that Hughes came to Syracuse. Hughes stated that he wanted
to play with Matthew Moyer again.

Good luck to a great young man.

For the second time, this has nothing to do with OB. Moyer didn't ask OB if he was coming back and decide on that news. OB will probably come back but this has nothing to do with it.
I think he knows its a done deal. If you thought brissett was gone why would you not stick around

I coached American Legion baseball when I was 22 years old. We went to the final 8 in the state and were beat by Ron Darling. The team that won the state and finished second in the country, we beat. I always took the high road and I had some nitwit parents.
I played pool in LA with Ron Darling a few times. We had a mutual friend. Nice guy.

While i have doubts that Moyer was ever going to contribute consistently on this level, he was a body at forward for the 19-20 season. We could potentially lose OB, Baz and Marek after next year. Need to get some forwards lined up for 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom