Matt Painter | Syracusefan.com

Matt Painter

CuseMan4

Starter
I’ve always been a little Purdue fan on the side. I just like how they are consistently good. They’ll have a GREAT year here and there but always consistently pretty good. I don’t think there’s a more underrated coach in college basketball than Matt Painter. I just like the way he does things, always seems like a genuine dude. Their recruiting has been pretty similar to Cuse in the last 5 or so years tbh. Painter really knows how to develop talent. Hope he gets a title here this year and I’ll be rooting for them knowing that Cuse isn’t in the tourney.

I’ve always been a little Purdue fan on the side. I just like how they are consistently good. They’ll have a GREAT year here and there but always consistently pretty good. I don’t think there’s a more underrated coach in college basketball than Matt Painter. I just like the way he does things, always seems like a genuine dude. Their recruiting has been pretty similar to Cuse in the last 5 or so years tbh. Painter really knows how to develop talent. Hope he gets a title here this year and I’ll be rooting for them knowing that Cuse isn’t in the tourney.
Same. Secret Matt Painter and Purdue fan. I love the offense that Painter runs. He’s brilliant on that end of the floor. I hope they finally break through to the Final Four this year. I’m sick of Kansas, Duke, and the rest. And I kind of hate most of the Big 12 and SEC.

Painter almost cost them the title today, kept substituting Eddy offense for defense. Almost a historic collapse.

15 years ago I lived in Indiana and had season tickets for Purdue. I was a winning bidder at a charity auction for a basketball autographed by Matt Painter; I like Painter and root for Purdue…but if I’m honest part of why I’ll be rooting for them is I’d love to sell that ball and make some cash if they won a natty.

I dont think Purdue is nearly the team people think they are.

Agree - I’ve watched a lot of their games this year and felt the box scores don’t accurately portray the game flow and feel. I’ve thought a bunch of times they were lucky to win.

15 years ago I lived in Indiana and had season tickets for Purdue. I was a winning bidder at a charity auction for a basketball autographed by Matt Painter; I like Painter and root for Purdue…but if I’m honest part of why I’ll be rooting for them is I’d love to sell that ball and make some cash if they won a natty.
You probably paid more for it at the auction than you will ever get for it.Maybe 100 bucks if you’re lucky

You probably paid more for it at the auction than you will ever get for it.Maybe 100 bucks if you’re lucky

I put in the opening $50 bid, and no one else bid on it. About five years ago I had a Purdue alum working for me; when he was at my house in the man cave I offered to sell it to him for $50 and he declined.

I have no illusions about either the value or demand for this ball, or that a Purdue national championship would dramatically increase either. I fully expect I’ll have this completely random piece of sports memorabilia until the day I die…and that my kids will “donate” it to a YMCA (by leaving it there on an asphalt court as they drive by) instead of selling it because it’s not worth the hassle.

Painter almost cost them the title today, kept substituting Eddy offense for defense. Almost a historic collapse.
They won the Big 10 regular season AND conference tourney championship.That’s extremely hard to do. Not much of a collapse.

They’re one of those always-a-bridesmaids programs that hasn’t broken through to the Final Four in 40+ years. Cuse was in that always a bridesmaid spot a couple of times during JB’s tenure (took JB 11 years to make the Final Four and then lost two heartbreaking title games before winning the 2003 title), so I feel for their fans.

They won the Big 10 regular season AND conference tourney championship.That’s extremely hard to do. Not much of a collapse.

They’re one of those always-a-bridesmaids programs that hasn’t broken through to the Final Four in 40+ years. Cuse was in that always a bridesmaid spot a couple of times during JB’s tenure (took JB 11 years to make the Final Four and then lost two heartbreaking title games before winning the 2003 title), so I feel for their fans.
Collapse I referred to was the title game yesterday. I didn’t say Painter had his team collapsing throughout the season.Without Edey they aren’t even a tournament team this year though.

I was lucky enough to watch the game tonight with an FDU grad who played for FDU basketball and he also later coached their lacrosse team. What fun! He played under Bill Raftery when he was their second ever coach. And he was texting with him during the game.

I was lucky enough to watch the game tonight with an FDU grad who played for FDU basketball and he also later coached their lacrosse team. What fun! He played under Bill Raftery when he was their second ever coach. And he was texting with him during the game.
Wish I was texting buddies with Raf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom