Matt Painter | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Painter

During the championship year for uva, Raftery mentioned my friend Ted by name on the air and said that he was talking with a former player of his who lives in Charlottesville and who sees a lot of uva games, and that Ted gave him some insight. Onions!!

The SWEET KISS...

I’ve always been a little Purdue fan on the side. I just like how they are consistently good. They’ll have a GREAT year here and there but always consistently pretty good. I don’t think there’s a more underrated coach in college basketball than Matt Painter. I just like the way he does things, always seems like a genuine dude. Their recruiting has been pretty similar to Cuse in the last 5 or so years tbh. Painter really knows how to develop talent. Hope he gets a title here this year and I’ll be rooting for them knowing that Cuse isn’t in the tourney.
Purdue is, was, and always will be...choke artists. Fugazy!!

I met Raf in New Orleans at who knows what hour in the hotel elevator after SU beat Kansas. We talked about the Heimer and he gave me his game program. A lot of fun on top of a lot of lot of fun.
I was at a same wedding as Raf and we were staying at the same hotel. After the reception, we run into him at the hotel lobby and tried to get him to go to the bar with us. His wife wouldn't let and dragged him into the elevator as she told him that he didn't need anymore.

Vitale said something really funny today, he said Purdue basically lost to a 17 seed because FDU only made it in because of the dumb rule about a team(Merrimack in this case) being ineligible for the tourney in their first couple of years transitioning from D2. As bad as the UVA loss was to UMBC(that game was a beatdown) this is probably worse.

Many people are saying that Barnes’ final four is negated by not getting past the second round with Kevin Durant.
Texas was legit better the year before and the year after Durant.

That Durant team was really young though Aldridge had some older guys around him the year before.

Vitale said something really funny today, he said Purdue basically lost to a 17 seed because FDU only made it in because of the dumb rule about a team(Merrimack in this case) being ineligible for the tourney in their first couple of years transitioning from D2. As bad as the UVA loss was to UMBC(that game was a beatdown) this is probably worse.
People should remember that Virginia’s best player Hunter was out. A legit NBA player. Next year they one it all (with help) but just saying. Also not saying they win the game with him.

I was lucky enough to watch the game tonight with an FDU grad who played for FDU basketball and he also later coached their lacrosse team. What fun! He played under Bill Raftery when he was their second ever coach. And he was texting with him during the game.
Update: my friend Ted texted Raf a picture of himself in his old FDU tee shirt. We’re thinking that Nance may ask Raf his thoughts on the FDU win and Raf might show Ted’s picture on air. They are broadcasting the Houston game right now so if you see that during the game you’ll know the backstory lol.

I went to the SBNation Purdue board after the loss (it's like your "Nunes the Magician" board). I'm not going to say everyone on it wanted Painter gone, but it was well above 85% of the posters.

My 2 managers are huge Purdue fans and graduates. Should be an interesting day at work tomorrow. They will agree that their team likes to choke. That’s a BIG choke.

2010 was their year if Hummel doesn't get hurt.

20-10 was our year is AO doesn't get hurt.

Imagine JB's career without Hak's block - or if Kansas made 16 of 30 free throws (53%), instead of 12 of 30?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom