Matt Park | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose Park has to generate some clicks if our staffs ability to put an exciting product on the floor isn’t :)

And if what he was doing yesterday on twitter was, in your minds, being mean to the fanbase... lol srsly get a grip

"mean", no.

He looked foolish, that's all. The program is not in good shape, and him dismissing and minimizing that with his childish passive-aggressive comments (which he initiated) was just a bad look, and unbecoming of an employee of the university (JB notwithstanding). JMO.

And if what he was doing yesterday on twitter was, in your minds, being mean to the fanbase... lol srsly get a grip
Eh it’s not being mean but a university employee telling fans to lower their expectations is garbage. Would have been better served to keep his twitter fingers in his pocket.

It’s not a good sign if people associated with the AD are responding to fans that way

"mean", no.

He looked foolish, that's all. The program is not in good shape, and him dismissing and minimizing that with his childish passive-aggressive comments (which he initiated) was just a bad look. JMO.

If Bourama is healthy and Buddy didn't miss the Rutgers game we have 3 losses (Road Pittsburgh (maybe) Road Top 10 Virginia, and yesterday Road Clemson.

Have some perspective people. Benny coming in next year is a huge impact. We also need to attack the transfer market for a impact big man.

We will be better next season.

Eh it’s not being mean but a university employee telling fans to lower their expectations is garbage. Would have been better served to keep his twitter fingers in his pocket.

It’s not a good sign if people associated with the AD are responding to fans that way
Exactly.

I think Park is too close to the situation. He's like how much of the fanbase was re: Boeheim 3 years ago. He's surprised that people aren't unilaterally in support of the product on the court anymore, after years [decades] of unwavering, unconditional support.

And the reason he's surprised is that he's not being objective. He's too close. Kind of glad he got his hand slapped yesterday by people not willing to put up with being chastised for expressing their dissatisfaction with the subpar status quo.

If Bourama is healthy and Buddy didn't miss the Rutgers game we have 3 losses (Road Pittsburgh (maybe) Road Top 10 Virginia, and yesterday Road Clemson.

Have some perspective people. Benny coming in next year is a huge impact. We also need to attack the transfer market for a impact big man.

Giving you a like here, this post isn't unreasonable at all.

Any shot at this fan base, or attempts to insult our intelligence when the state of either program is very clear in front of us deserves to be checked. That’s all.

Spoiled or unappreciative are not words I’d use to describe Syracuse fans or Central New Yorkers.

I would agree with this. As I mentioned early, I think it's silly to expect Matt not to be a homer and to be objective. He's paid to promote and be a spokesman for the program. But after reading his tweets again, the way he went about it yesterday is probably not the best approach.

I'll play along:

1. What if Pitt was healthy in the game at the Dome (the one in which we gagged away a nearly 20-point lead)?
2. What if NC State had their 2 best players available last Sunday?
3. Who's getting the majority of the minutes at PG and SG next year?
4. I honestly don't know offhand, but ignore Duke, UNC and UVa - what is our record against NC State, GT and Clemson since we joined the ACC?
5. Why would one expect Sidibe to be healthy? Because he had stayed healthy 1 of his first 3 years here?

I foresee my whole industry changing due to this and have spent most of the last year trying to adapt our client acquisition model.
I think people may return to games, but only for a compelling product, not the stuff SU is rolling out. Frankly, the women’s team plays more exciting basketball.
I will go watch the women, they play an exciting brand of basketball. The men's team won't get better until JB is gone. The 2nd sanctions he should have been gone.

Are you on drugs this year or are you purposely being contrarian just to fill an empty space?

Little of both. Has there been an argument we were a blue blood?

I don’t like whining and there’s been a lot of whining this year, so I’m more of a than usual.

I gave up seats long ago. The fan experience, from ushers to food to faculties, is sub-par, to say the least. The product was no longer worth my effort, my time, or my money.
Now, with the TV and streaming, there are times that games are unavailable to me on TV, unless I want to jump through lots of hoops (no pun intended) trial memberships, etc. It makes it difficult to follow sometimes, so I watch something else.
Then there is the aforementioned product. While CBB as a whole is down, the only difference between SU basketball the last 10 years or so and the A-10, MAC, etc. is the name on the jersey and the name on the bench.
(Most of the above applies to the FB program as well.)
Dior Johnson gave me hope for a revival, but that ended, and our coach’s “get off my lawn”, “I dumped him he didn’t dump me” attitude toward the whole thing was disconcerting, at best.
I admire you folks whose love of the program and heart on the sleeve fandom hasn’t waned. I hope your faith and loyalty are rewarded.
Dior Johnson decommitting is a blessing in disguise. Head case. Been through something like 5 prep schools.He decommitted in December and if you notice no school has picked him up. Too many red flags.

Last edited:

I don’t like whining and there’s been a lot of whining this year, so I’m more of a than usual.

What, specifically, are your criteria for being a "blue blood"?

Just below it. We‘ve had 7 straight average seasons. When has that ever happened before with JB?

Your argument is we should be happy with average because it may be worse in the future. It’s a crappy argument.

I'm not a doctor, but I don't believe that the vaccination will prevent potential infection from COVID variants.

Depends on the mutation. The vaccine doesn’t have to be tailored for each and every variant. For the ones the vaccines don’t cover, the vaccine will be updated.

This happens with the flu and flu vaccine. Treatment has and will continue to improve, too.

People can do what they want. I just can’t wrap my head around continuing to live in fear of a virus for years and years.

To me the saddest part of today was Matt Park on Twitter acting like Boeheim's press secretary. The fact he thought that was necessary really shows where we are or where people on the ground think our fan base is. I'm a pretty positive person and do like some of our young players but I honestly watch every game but don't look forward to them like I used to and don't even get that upset after a loss.

I have no problem with anything Matt Park Tweeted.

Once again the answer is the most obvious one - we need better players.

If staff is no longer able to recruit, that's a problem that needs to be addressed.

Just below it. We‘ve had 7 straight average seasons. When has that ever happened before with JB?

Your argument is we should be happy with average because it may be worse in the future. It’s a crappy argument.

We don’t have to be happy with anything. We don’t have to call for change for the sake of change either.

I get all of that. The post seemed to suggest we are a blue blood and we are not and have never been close to being a blue blood.
I didn’t imply we are a blue blood or ever was. I was just sharing what’s happening in college basketball this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom