Matt Park | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t have to be happy with anything. We don’t have to call for change for the sake of change either.

You don't even make sense. You can't say on one side that we don't have to be happy with the way things are and then say that people are calling for change for change's sake.

of course, you guys are getting caught up in the bait...

Park said we shouldnt expect to MAKE the tourney 9 out of 10 years.
Not be a top seed every year.

MAKE the tourney. I’m not cool with that mindset.
That's the Providence and Seton Hall mindset.

We were a top 5 program from 2009-2014. Thats where we were before this stretch of mediocrity. Blue blood or not, we were just as good as any of them not too long ago.

Not only that, but Syracuse is the 6th winningest program in NCAA history, the 6th! Yes, I'm counting the 101 wins that were taken away from JB because they were actually played for real. Moreover, weed isn't a performance enhancing drug, if anything, it hinders performance.

So, as you mention, Blue Blood or not, we are the next best thing.

I can't see Buddy leaving unless a new coach comes in and tells him he won't play. Being in charge of something is about making the correct decisions and not worrying about whether it is popular. Presidents of the country have had to make decisions they knew weren't popular. I think a A.D. can. If he can't, we need a new A.D.. I know it wouldn't be easy. And if Jb could say, this coming year will be my last, we could all accept that. I hope we could anyway. But this can't go on. The older Jb gets, the worst it will get. Would any other school in the country hire Jb at this point?
It’s not just popularity, but will the donors still donate if they don’t agree with JB getting forced out.
I am not a donor. Others such as CTO and others here would better be able to speak to that.

With our basketball resources and history theres zero reason to not make the tournament and finish in the top 5 of this conference every season. Leonard Hamilton is out working JB these days. That says something.
The Sad thing is Hamilton is only.4 years younger than jb. It feels like he's 25 years younger with what he's doing.

gotta wonder about his bout w covid too

It’s not just popularity, but will the donors still donate if they don’t agree with JB getting forced out.
I am not a donor. Others such as CTO and others here would better be able to speak to that.
Do you think the donors are enjoying what they are seeing right now? Or for the last few years? The donors have put up with a lot. But everyone has to know, we are near the end no matter what anyone thinks. JB is what, 76 or 77? How much longer can he go regardless of what anyone decides?

The Sad thing is Hamilton is only.4 years younger than jb. It feels like he's 25 years younger with what he's doing.
Hamilton has certain other factors in his favor tho

Do you think the donors are enjoying what they are seeing right now? Or for the last few years? The donors have put up with a lot. But everyone has to know, we are near the end no matter what anyone thinks. JB is what, 76 or 77? How much longer can he go regardless of what anyone decides?
You say this but the Zombie Boeheim tinfoil hat theories are getting less funny and more unsettling as the years pass ;)

If Bourama is healthy and Buddy didn't miss the Rutgers game we have 3 losses (Road Pittsburgh (maybe) Road Top 10 Virginia, and yesterday Road Clemson.

Have some perspective people. Benny coming in next year is a huge impact. We also need to attack the transfer market for a impact big man.

We will be better next season.
The way buddy has played this year, no guarantee we beat Rutgers with him.

You say this but the Zombie Boeheim tinfoil hat theories are getting less funny and more unsettling as the years pass ;)
Let me reassure you like I had to do for the board on 11/3, The zombie Jb will not coach Syracuse. JW will draw the line at that.

I have no problem with anything Matt Park Tweeted.

Once again the answer is the most obvious one - we need better players.

If staff is no longer able to recruit, that's a problem that needs to be addressed.

Maybe we'll never be able to effectively compete recruiting against the big 4 of Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas. But this isn't football. We have advantages over so many college hoops programs, there's no reason why we're not a perennial Top 15 program.

We're the school that recruited Pearl, Derrick Coleman, Billy Owens, Carmelo Anthony and others who could have gone to any school they wanted.

Program just needs some new energy to sell all those advantages. People who think we're not elite in this sport are nuts.

I don't mean to pile on the guy, but whatever came of Park's drunken joyride in South Carolina a few years ago?

Was that just swept under the rug?

The way buddy has played this year, no guarantee we beat Rutgers with him.

100% agree. Rutgers played that game without their best player, lets remember that too and how that would've factored in if he played in that game. It's convenient how folks seemingly simply dismiss that. Additionally, how they can easily overlook the W's we squeaked out against Bryant, Northeastern & UB that could've easily had gone the other way too. I mean Northeastern had 3 completely wide open looks at game's end to win the game, but somehow miraculously missed all of them. And, that UB win was...well, I still don't know how we pulled that one out.

I interacted with Park last night on Twitter. He emailed me twice to explain his reasoning. I told him I appreciated him getting back to me. He’s a good guy who’s in a tough spot walking a fine line between representing the school and as an extension to the fans. It’ll only get more difficult over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom