Matthew Moyer | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

As the NBA finals just showed us, as well as the NCAA tournament this year, it is not the best players who win in basketball, but the best team. For this reason, I agree with the points above that there are often recruits who may be in the 50-70 range that may benefit your team more than someone who is in the 30s, for example. Basketball fans, myself included, often times become rankings slaves and fall for what the "experts" tell them. We can see examples of this in players like Moyer, Lydon, and Huerter, who are not thought of that highly by the recruiting gurus but still have the potential to boost a program significantly because of their skill set. It's all about the niche, not the numbers.

As the NBA finals just showed us, as well as the NCAA tournament this year, it is not the best players who win in basketball, but the best team. For this reason, I agree with the points above that there are often recruits who may be in the 50-70 range that may benefit your team more than someone who is in the 30s, for example. Basketball fans, myself included, often times become rankings slaves and fall for what the "experts" tell them. We can see examples of this in players like Moyer, Lydon, and Huerter, who are not thought of that highly by the recruiting gurus but still have the potential to boost a program significantly because of their skill set. It's all about the niche, not the numbers.

What we also saw was that being able to put the ball through the hoop is kind of important

Brand new mix from NBA Top 100 Camp:

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/527644?referrer_id=1237394

One criticism I will make is that Matt needs to work on his left hand. He seems to be very righty dominant. His handle with his right is outstanding for his size but he has to learn how to finish with his left and on the left side of the basket.
Nice clip and thanks. Holy Gamer!
The wrap around reverse layup was sick at 0:35
The quick little smirk to the big man he bumped into at 0:20
He smiles on and off the court...but the dude is just plain mean!
Nice penetration at 1:50, but yeah iommi, he favors the right side. That's just for now, btw. ;)

I know this has been said in this thread, but the more and more you watch him the more you see Grant Hill's game in.

Moyer is going to be a McD's this year. He's going to have an absolute monster season, destroying cities, tearing down buildings and leaving a wake of destruction not seen since the Trojan War.

Also, I really want Huerter to come to SU. Kid is PERFECT for what we run and what we need. I'm so tired of guards that can't shoot the ball. I'll give up athleticism or size any day, if it means a kid is a knockdown shooter. Huerter seems to have all of those attributes, and he's an upstate kid, making him a MUST GET!

Those are sweet. Best ive seen since the first melo's

What we also saw was that being able to put the ball through the hoop is kind of important
I think you meant to say that the "ability to score the basketball" is kind if important.
I always want to ring the announcers neck and scream in their face " how the f... else would you score points in basketball? With a goddam puck?"

I think you meant to say that the "ability to score the basketball" is kind if important.
I always want to ring the announcers neck and scream in their face " how the f... else would you score points in basketball? With a goddam puck?"
Whenever they say "score the basketball", I picture someone with a sharp-edged tool putting grooves in that orange ball.
More evidence that young Mr Moyer is a solid Orange man, all the way.

What drives me crazy is that the talking heads invariably say towards the ends of games that there is no need for the losing team to rush or take a three, 'plenty of time left'.

Matthew posted this picture of him and Kevin Martin on his Instagram account today.

Always nice to see our recruits working out with NBA players, especially at this stage of his young career when there is still a lot to learn.

Pumped to see this kid in Orange.

11410518_1437938286532447_2024135717_n.jpg

It's like saying "what a great golf shot!"

Crap, I thought I was watching bowling!

Watching his game, his teammate, Kevin Guy, is gonna give SU fits in a few years when he's at Virginia. Hell of a shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom