Matthew Moyer | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

Shout out to iommi for covering the MKC for us! http://.com/future-orange-shine-at-mary-kline/

Thanks for the opportunity, jekel.

A couple more notes: Moyer was extremely nice, personable and well spoken. He's a great kid with a great attitude. He's going to be a fan favorite for sure. Diagne was nice too and came off well. My friend went up to Duval before I talked to him briefly (this was after Duval played and right after the slam dunk contest). My friend told Duval he'd look great in Orange and Duval gave him a big smile and a laugh.

Adam Zagoria was sitting next to me before the event and during the first half of the Underclassmen game. He too was very impressed with Moyer, after interviewing him. The kid is very much an old soul, mature beyond his years. Great kid.

Event was very well run. The games seemed even more sloppy and loose than last year but it's a tremendous event overall. I wish they wouldn't play loud rap music during the games. I get why they do it during the 3-pt shooting contest and dunk contest but during the actual games, it is very distracting. As a fan, I like to hear the game on the floor.

Shout out to iommi for covering the MKC for us! http://.com/future-orange-shine-at-mary-kline/

Great article you guys! I cant even imagine what a success Alex Kline is going to be in the future. To pull off an event like this and raise $43,000 as a college student, are you kidding me? I could barely make it to class on time when i was 20 ys old. Very very impressive.

And what a great quote from Mr Moyer
"Moyer summed up what makes the MKC so special: “This event is for something more than just a team or myself. It’s an honor to come together with all these good players, play some game, be competitive and know it’s for a better cause. You’re not just winning or losing. You’re playing for something bigger.”

I might be a bit premature in this, but do you think there would be any board interest in doing a fund raiser? Kind of like what we did with the IPF fund? This whole MKC event is really inspirational and would love to support all the people involved.

I have a feeling Moyer will have his jersey in the rafters at some point. everything going well for the kid

He will! That's right with my feeling that he would commit to SU! Sometimes everything alignes and this time MM is the biggest get since Melo.

jekelish said:
This is absolute insanity. Moyer has FALLEN 26 SPOTS in the latest Skowt 100: 606847104796000256
so huerter is now 24 spots ahead of Moyer? Lol

I swear to god after the top 15-20 they just start drawing names out of a hat.
It's ridiculous. The ones they happen to see, jump, while the others fall. This is no way to do rankings/stars. At the end of the day, it's the staff's evaluation that counts. And I have a lot more faith in G-Mack, JB, Hop and Red than Jerry Meyer, or whatever his name is. This is a running joke with Francis.

Last edited:
It's ridiculous. The ones they happen to see jump, while the others fall. This is no way to do rankings/stars. At the end of the day, it's the staff's evaluation that counts. And I have a lot more faith in G-Mack, JB, Hop and Red than Jerry Meyer, or whatever his name is. This is a running joke with Francis.
Straight. Truth!
Thumbs-and-Ammo-11.jpeg

so huerter is now 24 spots ahead of Moyer? Lol
I swear to god after the top 15-20 they just start drawing names out of a hat.
J-Kel predicted this, and did a nice piece on SU's guard recruits on June 13th (Simmons, Gilbert and Huerter at the time):

If you couldn’t guess by now, at this point I think my preference would be the No. 73-ranked Huerter, as strange as that might sound considering the other two guys are rated No. 6 and No. 23 in the nation. But here’s the thing: last year’s Syracuse team suffered from an enormous dearth of shooting and just overall skill at the guard position. Landing Kobi Simmons would follow that recent trend of getting big, long, athletic guards with questionable shooting ability, while Gilbert, as exciting as he is, also struggles sometimes to knock down jumpers. Add in the fact that both are early entry candidates and it makes it pretty clear that Huerter should probably be the choice.

Huerter, after all, is an exceptional shooter with great size, and the ability to play either guard position. His passing is that good, and his athleticism is underrated.

Obviously, the situation has now changed depending on what Battle does. My knowledge of him is by rep' only -- part of which is that he's one of the most dynamic scorers in the class. Bottom line, if he comes on board, it'd be sweet if Huerter re-classified.

[By Edit], Link: http://.com/which-guard-makes-the-most-sense-for-su/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom