McCullough to the NBA | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

McCullough to the NBA

Chris McCullough to Yahoo Sports: 'This was a decision I felt that I needed to make' (PS: Ditota)

McCullough posted an Instagram photo three weeks ago that served as a sort of birth announcement for his first child, which his girlfriend is expecting some time this month. McCullough said today the impending birth played a part in his decision to leave school and enter the professional basketball ranks.

10724239_1552517241675869_1206520218_n.jpg
Good for Chris! I hope it all works out and god bless. Has to take care of what is most important.

boy oh boy... i hate to rag on a kid. and i hope it works out well for him.

But i just disagree with this decision. There is just no other way to put it. I would be very surprised if he was on someone's roster in November. And once you arent on a roster, it is just so hard to gain any traction in the league. i really hope i am wrong.

Look at that picture above. in hind sight, you can just see it was coming. I have no clue what he is wearing - but I'm sure it wasn't cheap and the gold chains - OMG. It's scary what these kids that come from nothing think is important.

I made a comment to a co-worker. He was always too "fresh to death" and worried about style over substance.

I really do hope it works out for him. But I have a bad feeling there is going to be a lot of regret on his part in a few years.

boy oh boy... i hate to rag on a kid. and i hope it works out well for him.

But i just disagree with this decision. There is just no other way to put it. I would be very surprised if he was on someone's roster in November. And once you arent on a roster, it is just so hard to gain any traction in the league. i really hope i am wrong.

Look at that picture above. in hind sight, you can just see it was coming. I have no clue what he is wearing - but I'm sure it wasn't cheap and the gold chains - OMG. It's scary what these kids that come from nothing think is important.

I made a comment to a co-worker. He was always too "fresh to death" and worried about style over substance.

I really do hope it works out for him. But I have a bad feeling there is going to be a lot of regret on his part in a few years.

Good for Chris! I hope it all works out and god bless. Has to take care of what is most important.

On the bright side, it looks like he is intending to stand in and be a stand up guy and try to be a father to the baby. That's a big positive, even if it does get in the way of our desire to have a better team next season.

He has a kid on the way...who am I to judge.

If someone got in a car after having too much to drink, would you stop him?
That may be a bad comparison because that can lead to death...

If someone was planning on leaving college to become an actor because he has a baby on the way... would you say "hey man think about the kid" Or would you think "who am i to judge"

Not saying anyway is right, i just don't like those comments.

Im sure CM can go make 100k overseas worst case scenario... but its still a huge risk.

The guy avgd 5 points a game his last 7 HEALTHY games. That's not good.

And on the fifth day, God created birth control and the act of "the opposite of pushing" out

I have a friend who would tell you that birth control is not always 100% effective.

I also have a nephew as the result of a one night stand, and pulling out. True stories

I can't wait til they come out with male birth control

If someone was planning on leaving college to become an actor because he has a baby on the way... would you say "hey man think about the kid" Or would you think "who am i to judge"

Sure, I would...if this hypothetical actor has a signing bonus from an agent.

Im sure CM can go make 100k overseas worst case scenario... but its still a huge risk.

yeah I'd probably go. Playing basketball and acting isn't a good comp.

http://cuse.com/news/2015/4/2/MBBMcCullough4215.aspx

Freshman forward Chris McCullough, who started 16 games before an injury cut short his rookie season, has announced his intention to put his name into the 2015 NBA Draft.

"We appreciate the contributions Chris made to our program during his time at Syracuse University," said Coach Jim Boeheim. "We wish him the best in his future endeavors."

McCullough is on track to complete the spring semester in good academic standing at Syracuse.

Chris McCullough to Yahoo Sports: 'This was a decision I felt that I needed to make' (PS: Ditota)

McCullough posted an Instagram photo three weeks ago that served as a sort of birth announcement for his first child, which his girlfriend is expecting some time this month. McCullough said today the impending birth played a part in his decision to leave school and enter the professional basketball ranks.

I refuse to judge anyone based on principal but this decision is really testing me. Life is full of decisions. Hopefully Chris is getting some good helping in guiding him in his decision making.

I think what irks people is that he said he was returning about a month ago. So everyone was envisioning a starting five with him at the 4 next year.

if this picture isn't the embodiment of todays youth and and scream about the culture of narcissism with everyone creating their own personal fiefdoms with Instagram/Facebook, then I don't know what does. And yes I screamed this from my front porch after asking them to get of my lawn...TMI man

He's not getting behind the wheel drunk. He's willing to take the $100k estimate you just gave him. He crushs that knee again and his basketball career is over.
Without basketball he is not sniffing $100k. Someone probably outlined that worst case scenario, and he said "I'll take it".

You know what is a huge risk. Playing for free when another knee injury ends your play for pay days.

pic screams hawty. bet they have beautiful babies. best of luck moving forward to the mcculloughs.

I think everyone is disappointed in CM's decision today, but the plan was for him to leave after one year. The only reason he was remotely thinking about staying was due to his injury. If there is a silver lining, it's the fact that Roberson got a chance to develop much more than he would have had CM hadn't got hurt. We are much further ahead than we thought one year ago at this time. The key now is we need Bryant to commit and we will all move on feeling good again. I actually feel better about Bryant today than a week ago. We just have to wait and see what happens. If he signs and then Battle later in the month, everyone will be talking what great shape we are in. This also clears up some of the scholarship issues for next year. Even though we assumed CM would leave next year, they know he's gone now. There's a little less uncertainity about scholarships at the end of next year.

I think what irks people is that he said he was returning about a month ago. So everyone was envisioning a starting five with him at the 4 next year.

That and the fact that he has no business leaving.

At this point I wish we would just stop recruiting guys who are going to go to the pros early. Stick to guys who are going to be here 3 or 4 years. I would rather have a team full of players like Christmas or Cooney then I would with guys who are going to leave after a year or two.

Now get OFF my lawn!

At this point I wish we would just stop recruiting guys who are going to go to the pros early. Stick to guys who are going to be here 3 or 4 years. I would rather have a team full of players like Christmas or Cooney then I would with guys who are going to leave after a year or two.

Now get OFF my lawn!

Then we become Pitt, I have no problem recruiting these type of guys, the problem is getting them to stay. I don't know who is advising these kids, but they shouldn't be allowed near them.

OrangeXtreme said:
McCullough is on track to complete the spring semester in good academic standing at Syracuse.

I sure hope so. But I'm not confident seeing as how he's gone to the Bronx. Kind of reminds me of Waiters who was "on track" but left Syracuse 3 days after the NCAA's and only came back to Syracuse for one weekend for a concert. Since CM can't train for the NBA draft like Waiters was doing, maybe he'll come back and attend classes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom