McCullough to the NBA | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

McCullough to the NBA

I feel like I'm in a bad dream and just can't seem to wake. I hate to be one of those guys who complain that everything bad seems to happen to us... BUT, I'm starting to lean that way. I mean, really, think about how many negatives we've had over the past year year (particularly since the 25-0 start to now) compared to the positives. It's ridiculous. At some point, the universe has to reverse the trend and come back to some kind of balance. Right???

quite possible he grew tired of listening to JB publicly bash him every chance he got. words hurt.

shutterstock_97487567.jpg

Did JB bash him every chance he got? Or did he just respond negatively to Chad Ford saying that he should be a high draft choice?

is there any evidence that JB treated C-Mac any worse than any other player?

The title of this thread is comical. He wont be in the nba next year.

Did JB bash him every chance he got? Or did he just respond negatively to Chad Ford saying that he should be a high draft choice?

is there any evidence that JB treated C-Mac any worse than any other player?
We know JB is hard on kids first few years, but most turn out okay, look at what Rak became this year.

Well, I guess that kinda settles this with 100% certainty.

We are at 10 now. So now it's up to the appeals process what we can do. This changes the dynamics.
Wow no star forward ,no star fresh center ( but we got his procject bf), disabled haven't played in 2yr not up to expectations McD center, no division one point guard, and hall of fame coach with wins that will be deleted coaching only one more year! I think we should appeal to the God of basketball!

I think he's got a tough road ahead of him, but McCullough looked like an NBA player to me. I think he's going to have a long career in the NBA, and it's good for us when our former players are successful in the pros.

i'll just paraphrase one post presser gem . "we'd like chris to play bad .that would be an improvement." JB started piling on cmc in november and never took his foot off the gas until we lost him. and then it was just to bemoan the fact that we lost a back up center (which position imo chris mc absolutely sucked at)

Wait until SU releases statement about it this afternoon.

Perhaps an agent had something to do with it?

Let's wait until we hear more

Right. Although I will fully admit that I thought MCW was making a mistake in declaring early and I was absolutely 100% dead wrong on that so I clearly know nothing. This just seems like a terrible decision in terms of maximizing his draft position. He had a very un-notable 2 months for an unranked team and now will not be able to participate in any workouts. Maybe you could see it if he was in position to kill it during workouts for teams, but no way - they have said he won't be full speed until November.

MCW was a decent player on one of the worst teams in history then they gave up on him - so don't feel so bad.

I'm not saying he HAS to play hoops again. But he's clearly very interested in it. And he can still concentrate on a pro football career as an athletic TE and still play hoops. Julius Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez...

I mean it as why should he play unless he absolutely has the burning desire and inner need to get on the court again. If he thinks he has a pro football possibility, I hope he focuses on that.

Sure, he can develop like one of those guys, but he'd be better off just concentrating on football.

i'll just paraphrase one post presser gem . "we'd like chris to play bad .that would be an improvement." JB started piling on cmc in november and never took his foot off the gas until we lost him. and then it was just to bemoan the fact that we lost a back up center (which position imo chris mc absolutely sucked at)

I was never a fan of the treatment of McCullough, I really hope that isn't part of the reasons why he is leaving.

I mean it as why should he play unless he absolutely has the burning desire and inner need to get on the court again. If he thinks he has a pro football possibility, I hope he focuses on that.

Sure, he can develop like one of those guys, but he'd be better off just concentrating on football.
And like I said...he's clearly been thinking about it. So maybe he WANTS to play?

This article tells me he really doesn't want to come here. He brings up the positives of IU, brings up the positives of Mis, but then says nothing about Syracuse. He did the same thing awhile back when talking about the honor of being recruiting by UK but nothing about Syracuse.

I honestly think momma loves SU, I don't think Bryant really wants to come here, sanctions or no sanctions.

I feel like I'm in a bad dream and just can't seem to wake. I hate to be one of those guys who complain that everything bad seems to happen to us... BUT, I'm starting to lean that way. I mean, really, think about how many negatives we've had over the past year year (particularly since the 25-0 start to now) compared to the positives. It's ridiculous. At some point, the universe has to reverse the trend and come back to some kind of balance. Right???
Try being a Bills fan (and Blue Jays fan), too

Not that surprised honestly.

This has been the new reality for years now.

Guys come in and think they are 1 and done regardless of how they play. Really wish they'd allow guys to go straight to pros. Would be fair to the players and CBB, but I get why NBA doesn't want it. Free scouting.

Wait, I thought he already had a kid.

Exactly how many of our players already have children? How many of our incoming recruits already have children or have them on the way?

Can't anyone just focus on basketball and school anymore?

People don't talk about this. I'm glad you did. This is a disappointing trend.

I think we seem to forget that McCullough has had a rocky road over the past few years.

He played at two prep schools and was kicked out of one, had trouble qualifying, then apparently got someone pregnant.

We weren't exactly recruiting your model citizen.

It literally pisses me off..legit angers me, that these dumbasses don't practice safe sex.

It's unfathomably idiotic.

Yes, we know it only takes once to get a girl pregnant, but there's a reason many couples have to try for awhile to have children. The fact that these athletes have kids means they are likely having unprotected sex multiple times.

It's idiotic. Travis Henry can have millions of dollars but can't figure out how to wrap up by the 9th child with his 9th woman? Adios.

It literally pisses me off..legit angers me, that these dumbasses don't practice safe s e x.

It's unfathomably idiotic.

Yes, we know it only takes once to get a girl pregnant, but there's a reason many couples have to try for awhile to have children. The fact that these athletes have kids means they are likely having unprotected s e x multiple times.

It's idiotic. Travis Henry can have millions of dollars but can't figure out how to wrap up by the 9th child with his 9th woman? Adios.

travis_henry_family_tree_full.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom