McCullough to the NBA | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

McCullough to the NBA

It literally pisses me off..legit angers me, that these dumbasses don't practice safe s e x.

It's unfathomably idiotic.

Yes, we know it only takes once to get a girl pregnant, but there's a reason many couples have to try for awhile to have children. The fact that these athletes have kids means they are likely having unprotected s e x multiple times.

It's idiotic. Travis Henry can have millions of dollars but can't figure out how to wrap up by the 9th child with his 9th woman? Adios.

I would like to point out that unprotected s e x is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then being sheathed in rubber.

I would like to point out that unprotected s e x is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then being sheathed in rubber.

And on the fifth day, God created birth control and the act of "the opposite of pushing" out

OttoinGrotto said:
You haven't let us forget.

First time I've brought that up.

You need to take better notes.

Surprised he signed with an agent. It's not like he will be attending try out sessions with pro teams. It's question of getting feedback that he can get without leaving SU campus. He must have gotten the word that NBA teams were still interested.
That is the only way this makes a lot of sense.

OttoinGrotto said:
I was more thinking of the numerous posts you've made before, during, and now after his time here busting on the guy as a player and person.

Never busted him as a person. I pointed this out because you're taking a chance with kids with that type of background.

Sorry, I've never liked him as a player. He was projected as the greatest recruit since Melo, but I don't think he was even close. My thoughts on his game are well documented.

Surprised he signed with an agent. It's not like he will be attending try out sessions with pro teams. It's question of getting feedback that he can get without leaving SU campus. He must have gotten the word that NBA teams were still interested.
That is the only way this makes a lot of sense.

Or he just wants to make quick $$$, so he is committed to going pro even if the logistics aren't in his favor due to the injury.

I'm guessing that there probably aren't guarantees from teams, etc. at this stage. He just wanted to be a one-and-done. Ergo...

i'll just paraphrase one post presser gem . "we'd like chris to play bad .that would be an improvement." JB started piling on cmc in november and never took his foot off the gas until we lost him. and then it was just to bemoan the fact that we lost a back up center (which position imo chris mc absolutely sucked at)

So you judge JB's relationships with his players entirely based on what he says in press conferences?

Never busted him as a person. I pointed this out because you're taking a chance with kids with that type of background.

Sorry, I've never liked him as a player. He was projected as the greatest recruit since Melo, but I don't think he was even close. My thoughts on his game are well documented.

Not to worry. McCullough is better than Grant.

I'll trade Bryant for McCullough in a second.

It's weird and I'm really trying to figure out what your deal is with McCullough. Since 2013 you've been bashing him then beg for apologies from everybody around here when he didn't play well against Colgate but then say the things above. I don't really know what to make of it.

after being burned in the past maybe JB felt he needed hand. so he tried to break things off with chris first to cushion the blow

pre-emptive breakup – (related terms: hand) 1. a brilliant way to breakup with someone before they breakup with you. 2. a way to reverse everything, especially when you don’t have any hand. 3. quote: “A preemptive breakup. This is an incredible idea. I got nothing to lose. We either break up which she would do anyway but at least I go out with some dignity. Completely turn the tables. It’s absolutely brilliant.” — George 4. episode: The Pez Dispenser

Not saying he was pushed out, but maybe there was no resistance so we would be able to get down to 10 scholarships.

i'll just paraphrase one post presser gem . "we'd like chris to play bad .that would be an improvement." JB started piling on cmc in november and never took his foot off the gas until we lost him. and then it was just to bemoan the fact that we lost a back up center (which position imo chris mc absolutely sucked at)
Yes
Yes
On a per game basis - yes
Some of the things that JB has said and not done the last ten years would get any other coach immediately fired, and justifiably so.

We are at 10 now. So now it's up to the appeals process what we can do. This changes the dynamics.
If that is the case Bryant will just move on. It will be August before there is any decision on the appeal. I read the average time for the appeals process is 120 days.

Syracuse's Chris McCullough confident of move to NBA despite ACL injury (Yahoo!Sports)

Despite entering the NBA draft with a torn right anterior cruciate knee ligament, Syracuse freshman forward Chris McCullough says he’s confident he can sell NBA executives on his seriousness-minded approach to rehabilitating the injury and rapidly transform into a productive player.

“This is the kind of injury that players come back strong from all the time in basketball now, and the process has gone good so far,” McCullough told Yahoo Sports on Thursday afternoon. “I’m working hard at the rehab, trying to eat the right foods. … I’ll be back on the court later this year.”...

...The fact that McCullough’s girlfriend is due to give birth later this month became a factor in him entering the June draft, he said.

“That played a big part [in the decision],” he told Yahoo Sports.

McCullough had several conversations with Syracuse’s coaching staff on the decision, he said, and leaves on good terms and with a good feeling about his year at Syracuse. McCullough said that the NCAA’s sanctions on the program had no bearing on his decision.

“Getting hurt took me out of the game this year, but I had a great time playing in the [Carrier] Dome, connecting with people in the community,” McCullough said. “I had a great experience at Syracuse, but this was a decision I felt that I needed to make.”

This is good to read--sounds like he's leaving on pretty good terms with the coaching staff:

McCullough had several conversations with Syracuse’s coaching staff on the decision, he said, and leaves on good terms and with a good feeling about his year at Syracuse. McCullough said that the NCAA’s sanctions on the program had no bearing on his decision.

“Getting hurt took me out of the game this year, but I had a great time playing in the [Carrier] Dome, connecting with people in the community,” McCullough said. “I had a great experience at Syracuse, but this was a decision I felt that I needed to make."​

Madbiker said:
If that is the case Bryant will just move on. It will be August before there is any decision on the appeal. I read the average time for the appeals process is 120 days.

How Patterson and Johnson leaving is accounted for has an impact too. Don't know how release papers or whatever play a role.

How Patterson and Johnson leaving is accounted for has an impact too. Don't know how release papers or whatever play a role.

My thought on this is it is so murky that we essentially need the NCAA to weigh in and say we'll agree with your interpretation, otherwise anyone we bring in puts themselves at risk for not being eligible to play in the fall. Obviously if the sanctions are modified on appeal that changes things. I just don't see why any recruit that has multiple options would be willing to take that risk.

We can puff our chests out and say we're going to do this or do that, but ultimately the NCAA holds all of the power until they don't. If SU disagrees with them it can yell and scream all it wants, but the NCAA can just lock the door and not invite us to the party.

Chris McCullough to Yahoo Sports: 'This was a decision I felt that I needed to make' (PS: Ditota)

McCullough posted an Instagram photo three weeks ago that served as a sort of birth announcement for his first child, which his girlfriend is expecting some time this month. McCullough said today the impending birth played a part in his decision to leave school and enter the professional basketball ranks.

10724239_1552517241675869_1206520218_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom