McCullough to the NBA | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

McCullough to the NBA

LOL...a freshman who made an actual impact is staying in school, while our guy, a guy with a torn ACL, who couldn't big boy Colgate, is thinking of declaring.

Trimble's assist to turnover ratio is scary for a PG, his size is questionable as well.

Trimble's assist to turnover ratio is scary for a PG, his size is questionable as well.

I know Trimble is smallish, but it's still crazy to think about.

I know Trimble is smallish, but it's still crazy to think about.

He averaged 3.0 assists per game and 2.5 turnovers per game. That is bad from almost any position let alone a guard spot, let alone the primary ball handlers spot. To me he looks like a 2 guard trapped in a college point guards body. Unless he turns into a protector of the ball like Ennis I doubt he is every in consideration for a top 15-20 pick.

There's just no way this is real unless he is academically ineligible or failed a drug test and would be suspended next year. Absolutely no way.

Unless he didn't think he'd be academically eligible, this makes zero sense. And I'm 99% always in the "Go when you can" group. But his stock will almost never be lower than it is right now and next year's draft is weaker than this year's. This is incredibly dumb if not for eligibility concerns.

I hope folks will resist the urge to harbor resentment to one making a purely personal decision as to what is best for him and his family. But I am not naïve enough to think that all will be capable of such restraint.
Absolutely. Hope in fact it turns out to be the best decision for him. Just because this doesn't leave him in my pantheon of favorite SU players doesn't mean I hope it doesn't work out for him. Looking at it from afar - does seems like dubious stategery.

except, in this case, it's not

Right. Although I will fully admit that I thought MCW was making a mistake in declaring early and I was absolutely 100% dead wrong on that so I clearly know nothing. This just seems like a terrible decision in terms of maximizing his draft position. He had a very un-notable 2 months for an unranked team and now will not be able to participate in any workouts. Maybe you could see it if he was in position to kill it during workouts for teams, but no way - they have said he won't be full speed until November.