McDonough didn't know about the "duke' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

McDonough didn't know about the "duke'

The most famous Duke that I know of...

Uncle+Jesse.jpg

"thought we laid a duke vs USF in the second Half"

Proper usage, probably

I would have figured Koy and Vance Duke

Laugh if you will, but somewhere in my collection of DVDs, wherever they may be, I have the Dukes of Hazzard, Season 5. Unopened and preserved.

It was a creative Christmas gift from a friend one year.

Every kid I knew way back when knew about "The Duke" football used by Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr and Roman Gabriel.

I was surprised that Sean didn't know about it.

The Duke refereed to Wellington Mara.
Never heard of it. And I had lots of footballs. Played lots of football, backyard and organized. Probably at this moment have at least 30 footballs of varying size and construction laying around the house, basement, garage.

Never heard of it. And I had lots of footballs. Played lots of football, backyard and organized. Probably at this moment have at least 30 footballs of varying size and construction laying around the house, basement, garage.
I actually have one...I just didn't know it was named after Marra.

I'm old.

But Sean McD is old enough I think to know about "The Duke"

Certainly Gruden was surprised that he didn't know about it.

I'm old.

Sean and I were in the same graduation class*. I didn't know that reference either.

* during the '81 soccer season, Sean was the Dome PA announcer while I manned the substitution horn.

I'm old.

Was he joking? I really can't see Sean Mcd not knowing, he is a smart guy, and usually does his homework.

Sean and I were in the same graduation class*. I didn't know that reference either.

* during the '81 soccer season, Sean was the Dome PA announcer while I manned the substitution horn.

I graduated from college in 1981.

I did a little reading on it. Apparently it was used in the 40s to 1970. It was brought back in 2002 (I think). The period where it wasn't used is when I was playing a lot of football. The only reason I know about the "Duke" is because my son grew up when it was back in use.
Even if I didn't know what it was, I would have faked it if I was doing MNF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom