McDonough didn't know about the "duke' | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

McDonough didn't know about the "duke'

So I'm playing this and my Rochester wife from another room said why are you playing Duke Jupiter?
I told her 805 was better and Benny is king while chewing on some Duke's.
Very nice.

And don't forget these guys...

Very nice.

And don't forget these guys...

Wow!!!!! Talk about bringing back old memories. I grew up in Cazenovia, and Todd Hobin used to play in towns around the Caz area fairly often way back then. I had forgotten all about them until I saw this. It's probably been around 30 years since I last saw them play (or for that matter even hear their name mentioned). After googling the band, I see he is amazingly still at it. I guess once a musician, always a musician!

Last edited:
Wow!!!!! Talk about bringing back old memories. I grew up in Cazenovia, and Todd Hobin used to play in towns around the Caz area fairly often way back then. I had forgotten all about them until I saw this. It's probably been around 30 years since I last saw them play (or for that matter even hear their name mentioned). After googling the band, I see he is amazingly still at it. I guess once a musician, always a musician!

Were you at Owghena Manor the night Todd played and the police busted the place for massive under-age drinking?

I was there with Mack, Jonesy, Cocker and many others you may know.

So I'm playing this and my Rochester wife from another room said why are you playing Duke Jupiter?

Why was/is Benny Mardones so popular in Syracuse?

I have no idea, though he's had plenty of farewell concerts.

On a side note, have you ever listened closely to his hit "Into the Night"? Pretty creepy actually

duke.jpg

Benny rocks! (or rocked)

Love the "Never Run, Never Hide" album as well as "Sheila C."
2012's "I've Got You" is a nice ballad... very different from the old days.

Did you pop a Genny Cream, OV Splits, or a Molson Brador in a stubby brown bottle, while in the way back machine?
upload_2016-9-22_20-21-34.jpeg
upload_2016-9-22_20-19-0.jpeg
upload_2016-9-22_20-15-49.jpeg

Since we're reminiscing about classic 80s acts, surely many of you folks must have attended a John Valby (Dr. Dirty) show or two.

Can't believe this guy is still out there doing this (LANGUAGE WARNING)

Since we're reminiscing about classic 80s acts, surely many of you folks must have attended a John Valby (Dr. Dirty) show or two.

yeah, just once or twice... ha ha.
First time I saw him was at the original Maggie's.

Still have my signed vinyl records.

Last edited:
Perhaps the greatest Duke
99699-004-9819D54D.jpg

br801 said:
Since we're reminiscing about classic 80s acts, surely many of you folks must have attended a John Valby (Dr. Dirty) show or two. Can't believe this guy is still out there doing this (LANGUAGE WARNING) YouTube Video

Ha, his stuff and old Milwaukee cans got me through college.

Need to find the ballad of big ass 'lil and Yukon Pete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom