MCW will be on NBA TV today at 7:30 vs the Bulls | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

MCW will be on NBA TV today at 7:30 vs the Bulls

I'm reading the Philly messageboard and the reactions are priceless. They were already accepting this season would be a tank #Tankadelphia. Now, they have no idea what to think. It's just a bunch of delirious exasperation.
What board are you looking at? I wouldn't mind I look myself.

Sixers just don't want to give up the NBA Championship Belt. This is some seriously impressive .

Edit:
Nif5mSE.jpg

Last edited:
What might be bigger for philly than mcw's production is how much he is helping spencer hawes. That as well as him looking for his teammates all the time. They do have some talent with turner, hawes and young. Allen gives them some girth as well.

Read in the Sixer messageboard and don't flame me for repeating this but...(I know it's only 3 games) MCW is affecting the game in ways no rookie has done since Lebron. He's a menace on defense, he scores and he's had double digit assists in 2 of his first 3 games. His statlines are Magic-like.

Syracuse is getting some serious love right now in the NBA. We have Melo doing his usual thing and finally have someone else to step up in MCW. Dion is always improving and Wes is stepping up. Let's gooooo!

Read in the Sixer messageboard and don't flame me for repeating this but...(I know it's only 3 games) MCW is affecting the game in ways no rookie has done since Lebron. He's a menace on defense, he scores and he's had double digit assists in 2 of his first 3 games. His statlines are Magic-like.
Sloppy math, but three games in he's averaging 20 points, 9 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, and shooting like 46% from the floor.

I feel like this is testament to how much the way the college game gets officiated sucks.

The thing that really favors mcw is he doesnt need to be overpowering. His length and lateral mobility for someone his size make it hard to stop him without doing it physically which just results in fouls.

Mike is a true pg/sg combo right now, alot of what I expect Ennis to be this year :)

Syracuse is getting some serious love right now in the NBA. We have Melo doing his usual thing and finally have someone else to step up in MCW. Dion is always improving and Wes is stepping up. Let's gooooo!
Even though we won in 2003, in my mind the "Glory Years" were 85-91. These last 4-5 yrs (and next several I hope) feel real much like the true Glory Years.

This sixerfever215 douche bag over on real gm thinks he's mr big shot. Saying Syracuse stunted his growth and just bad mouthing the program. filthadelphia fans talk so much bs.

Last edited:
I'm reading the Philly messageboard and the reactions are priceless. They were already accepting this season would be a tank #Tankadelphia. Now, they have no idea what to think. It's just a bunch of delirious exasperation.
One thing about tanking is that it is hard for the players to do. Besides the fact that these athletes' instincts push them to play their best, a lot of them are playing for their next contract. I think very few players actually try to lose. It is a little easier for management (and coaches) to tank as they can make the decision not to put their best talent on the court say they are just "giving their less experienced players more time to develop." Unfortunately for the 76ers, it looks like MCW is trying to spoil their plans.

The thing that really favors mcw is he doesnt need to be overpowering. His length and lateral mobility for someone his size make it hard to stop him without doing it physically which just results in fouls.
Also the spacing in the NBA is a lot better for his game.

This sixerfever215 douche bag over on real gm thinks he's mr big shot. Saying Syracuse stunted his growth and just bad mouthing the program. I freaking hate filthadelphia fans they talk so much bullshit.

Yeah well Syracuse helped make MCW the third guard in the 2013 draft.

Three odd things in tonight's game. First: MCW (the rookie) played the second most minutes for the 76ers (37). Only Evan Turner played more (39). Second: MCW is being backed up by Tony Wroten, the kid who made it clear he wanted to come to SU, but we did offer. Third: MCW had more Pts, Asts and Stls tonight than anyone else in the game.

One thing about tanking is that it is hard for the players to do. Besides the fact that these athletes' instincts push them to play their best, a lot of them are playing for their next contract. I think very few players actually try to lose. It is a little easier for management (and coaches) to tank as they can make the decision not to put their best talent on the court say they are just "giving their less experienced players more time to develop." Unfortunately for the 76ers, it looks like MCW is trying to spoil their plans.
Somebody said that the 76ers were America's team. I am not sure of that, but I do know that they are Syracuse's team. They were born in Syracuse in the late 40's, and played here until 1963. It is only right on the 50th anniversary of their leaving here that a player would arrive from Syracuse to lead them out of the wilderness.

Somebody said that the 76ers were America's team. I am not sure of that, but I do know that they are Syracuse's team. They were born in Syracuse in the late 40's, and played here until 1963. It is only right on the 50th anniversary of their leaving here that a player would arrive from Syracuse to lead them out of the wilderness.
You should checkout the nba subreddit on reddit.com. Their crazy for him. It's so much fun to read.

Somebody said that the 76ers were America's team. I am not sure of that, but I do know that they are Syracuse's team. They were born in Syracuse in the late 40's, and played here until 1963. It is only right on the 60th anniversary of their leaving here that a player would arrive from Syracuse to lead them out of the wilderness.
50 years (but who's counting?), but good take

I'm literally laughing out loud. The people on there are hilarious.
It's an amazing subreddit. Especially because quality content moves to the top and igor like content is downvoted into oblivion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom