Melo 2013 Playoffs | Syracusefan.com

Melo 2013 Playoffs

He was hosed by refs today. He was clearly hit in the face on dunk attempt and there was at least 3 other drives that should have gotten the call. Plus one of those offensive fouls called on him was complete BS!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

He was hosed by refs today. He was clearly hit in the face on dunk attempt and there was at least 3 other drives that should have gotten the call. Plus one of those offensive fouls called on him was complete BS!

I was only able to watch the 4th quarter today, but from all my experience of watching him, he tries way too hard to draw fouls. A lot of 50-50 calls in the 4th and in the Celtics series. Some went his way and some didn't.

But missing 17 shots per game is horrific.

Don't try to pin his poor play on the refs, good lord.

It's painful watching the Knicks these days. Just so much dumb basketball, possessions aren't smooth, little movement. Jr smith has to be one of the most frustrating players in the league.

I was only able to watch the 4th quarter today, but from all my experience of watching him, he tries way too hard to draw fouls. A lot of 50-50 calls in the 4th and in the Celtics series. Some went his way and some didn't.

But missing 17 shots per game is horrific.
But if the foul is called then it is not counted as a missed shot. He drove the ball repeatedly and wasn't getting the calls. It wasn't jump shots today it was drives with contact and a lot of no calls!

Don't try to pin his poor play on the refs, good lord.

It's painful watching the Knicks these days. Just so much dumb basketball, possessions aren't smooth, little movement. Jr smith has to be one of the most frustrating players in the league.
I'm not pinning anything on the refs if Hibbert is allowed to play like that and not get fouls Indiana will win, but KG wasn't even getting that call...I have not seen that play called all year.

I saw lots of missed jump shots too. This is a tough matchup for him. They can put good defenders on him and he isn't explosive enough or a good enough leaper to finish against Hibbert. If he is missing his jump shots then the Knicks will get swept. He's sort of a jump shooter anyways these days.

I'm not pinning anything on the refs if Hibbert is allowed to play like that and not get fouls Indiana will win, but KG wasn't even getting that call...I have not seen that play called all year.

Pacers are one of the top 2 or 3 defensive teams in the league for a reason

Pacers are one of the top 2 or 3 defensive teams in the league for a reason
BS! No center in the league gets that call!

But if the foul is called then it is not counted as a missed shot. He drove the ball repeatedly and wasn't getting the calls. It wasn't jump shots today it was drives with contact and a lot of no calls!

As someone who doesn't watch many NBA games but is always intrigued by the talk on here ("officiating is so much better than the college game, and the style of play is great"), I'm not very impressed with the small sample size of a few halves in the past week.

Maybe I shouldn't watch the Nets or the Knicks. But I've seen some lousy basketball and officiating, especially in today's game. Way too physical. Someone needs to tell Mike Woodson to draw up some offensive plays, and someone needs to tell Carmelo that forcing contested 21-footers is a hideous idea when you're down 8 or 10 points with a couple minutes left.

Love Melo. He had a great regular season but has played like ass in the playoffs.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Celtics and Pacers are two of the uglier teams out there, and they are, to varying degrees, getting the Knicks to play some ugly games. Boston moreseo than Indy.

I was at the game today... and this will sound like blasphemy. I love all SU guys, but I wish the Knicks had drafted Lance Stephenson three years ago rather than Andy Rautins. Lance killed us today. He was the difference-maker in the game.

I was at the game today... and this will sound like blasphemy. I love all SU guys, but I wish the Knicks had drafted Lance Stephenson three years ago rather than Andy Rautins. Lance killed us today. He was the difference-maker in the game.

Stephenson's a nice player, but he's just such an awful human being that I would not want to root for a team that had him on it.

Born Ready has really improved. Took a few years but he looks good. He's still a young guy.

He needs to get the ball to the hoop.

That 37% goes to 47% overnight.

Maybe. Or maybe free throws. He dosn't have the lift or explosion to score over good defensive big guys, imo.

Maybe. Or maybe free throws. He dosn't have the lift or explosion to score over good defensive big guys, imo.

not sure about that. I dont know the stats off hand... but I would image his ppp is considerably higher from 10 ft in than not.

the best part of his game isnt his really his shooting.

I still think that Carmelo takes a bigger beating than any star that I can think of. watch an okc game and see the treatment that Durant gets, you can't touch the guy. the nba has a good product but is doing all they can to F it up.

I still think that Carmelo takes a bigger beating than any star that I can think of. watch an okc game and see the treatment that Durant gets, you can't touch the guy. the nba has a good product but is doing all they can to F it up.

I am 100% convinced of this. And I watch a lot of NBA. It's been this for awhile. Carmelo gets the crap kicked out of him a lot. Not saying he doesn't try and draw fouls (like he should), but he gets beat on.

44cuse

It would be silly to argue he doesn't get a lot of calls though. He just initiates contact more so than most/is too limited passing wise so that when he gets to a situation where someone like LeBron kicks out to an open shooter, Melo forces it and doesn't get the call as a result.

Not sure in a game like yesterday how Melo only goes to the FT line 4 times. He was being agressive and not settling for jumpers for most of the game and he is not rewarded for it.

I sometimes wonder if the JB referee curse has followed Melo to the NBA. Yesterday reminded me of a typical BE game with Syracuse and Pitt where Syracuse players would be getting hammered all day and never get a single call. I normally don't like to complain about the refs but the Knicks typically do not get calls from them. I will say that they bring it on themselves with the amount of whining they do after every single call.

I also think Chandler is the most overrated player in the league... he got owned by Roy Hibbert yesterday.

Stephenson's a nice player, but he's just such an awful human being that I would not want to root for a team that had him on it.

You can't have Lance, JR and K Mart on the same team. That is a recipe for disaster.

Chandler hasn't been the same player since the neck injury. I don't think he's anywhere close to 100%

Melo is way less than 100% physically right now and is compounding things by forcing the issue on offense. However, this team has gone through several stretches of playing horrific basketball this season and someone turned it around and then looked unbeatable. Here's hoping that Melo, JR and Chandler (or at least two of the three) can find their games again before Game 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom