Melo on the move... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Melo on the move...

Literally every single take I’ve heard is that all Melo can do is score and the Rockets don’t need that, and Ariza is better at everything else.

It’s weird and flat out dishonest. Carmelo is a better rebounder and passer than Ariza. It’s really not close. Not sure why there always has to be a narrative. Can’t the sports guys just talk sports? Point out the pluses and minuses? And maybe THEN give their opinion on how it will work out? They do everything backwards. Throw out a hot take narrative and then bend all the details to neatly fit their little scenario.

Colin Cowherd/Skip Bayless disease.

Cowherd is already trying to do this with Baker Mayfield.

I don’t know about that, lol. How many jerseys of each do you own?
Fewer than the number of times you've used "lol" in this thread.

Colin Cowherd/Skip Bayless disease.

Cowherd is already trying to do this with Baker Mayfield.

Those guys used to be the exception. And they stood out for how annoying they were to most people. They were a joke. A punch line. Comic relief.

Now it’s like they’re the format. It sucks.

Those guys used to be the exception. And they stood out for how annoying they were to most people. They were a joke. A punch line. Comic relief.

Now it’s like they’re the format. It sucks.
I stopped watching and listening to that nonsense a long time ago.

Yeah Ariza is an odd one. Never quite understood the infatuation with his game as well as he and his camp to be able to racketeer big money contracts.

He’s a nice role player. I’m not sure why Phoenix wanted him? Seems like he’d be in the way of some of their young guys.

Perhaps he’s a great locker room guy? Signing a vet that still has something in the tank to help guide the young guys on how to be pros? That’s the only thing that makes sense to me. Will be interesting how they manage the PT though.

I stopped watching and listening to that nonsense a long time ago.

For the most part I have too, though morbid curiousity gets the best of me when it comes to Syracuse guys, so I end up watching the YouTube videos. We got a football player(Shannon Sharpe) and some guy who used to be a boxing commentator(Kellerman) telling us why this was a dumb move for the Rockets.

I usually stick to NBATV.

Ariza was a GREAT defender earlier in his career, won a title with the Lakers and parlayed that into a guy with a 3 and D reputation a la Danny Green. His defense definitely isn't what it once was, but I wouldn't expect it to be after 14 seasons.

He’s a nice role player. I’m not sure why Phoenix wanted him? Seems like he’d be in the way of some of their young guys.

Perhaps he’s a great locker room guy? Signing a vet that still has something in the tank to help guide the young guys on how to be pros? That’s the only thing that makes sense to me. Will be interesting how they manage the PT though.

That’s how I’ve thought of him as well. “A nice role player.” He’s pretty fluid, moves well, and is a decent defender though not like he was earlier in his career, obviously.

Ariza was a GREAT defender earlier in his career, won a title with the Lakers and parlayed that into a guy with a 3 and D reputation a la Danny Green. His defense definitely isn't what it once was, but I wouldn't expect it to be after 14 seasons.

Yup. I liked him quite a bit as a Laker for what he was. In fact his steals in the 2009 WCF swung that series. If he doesn’t make those plays, it’s very possible Denver wins that series.

He signed that big contract in Houston and I think they/he hoped his game would develop into more but that flopped. He had a couple rough years, but got back on track and became a pretty reliable player.

Carmelo writes letter thanking OKC.

"I know it was only one season, but from the time I arrived in OKC, I was greeted with so much love from The Team, The Organization, and of course the INCREDIBLE fans of this amazing city," Anthony said in the letter provided to The Oklahoman via the team.

"Throughout the entire season, game after game, you cheered me on and rooted for us as a team. That is something I will always cherish and never forget. That genuine support kept me going all season long."

"IN LIFE, I've learned that things don't always turn out how you want," Anthony said in his letter. "... I'm sorry it didn't work out while I was here. Thank you to Russ [Westbrook], PG [Paul George], Sam Presti, Coach Billy Donovan, my trainers and the entire staff who work so hard and diligently at Chesapeake Energy Arena and the practice facility. I appreciate you all very much.
"Last but not least, Thank You to Mr. [Clay] Bennett for believing in me. This chapter of my career may be coming to an end but my story is far from over."

Carmelo writes letter thanking OKC.

"I know it was only one season, but from the time I arrived in OKC, I was greeted with so much love from The Team, The Organization, and of course the INCREDIBLE fans of this amazing city," Anthony said in the letter provided to The Oklahoman via the team.

"Throughout the entire season, game after game, you cheered me on and rooted for us as a team. That is something I will always cherish and never forget. That genuine support kept me going all season long."

"IN LIFE, I've learned that things don't always turn out how you want," Anthony said in his letter. "... I'm sorry it didn't work out while I was here. Thank you to Russ [Westbrook], PG [Paul George], Sam Presti, Coach Billy Donovan, my trainers and the entire staff who work so hard and diligently at Chesapeake Energy Arena and the practice facility. I appreciate you all very much.
"Last but not least, Thank You to Mr. [Clay] Bennett for believing in me. This chapter of my career may be coming to an end but my story is far from over."
He's a class act...and I doubt anyone outside of Syracuse Nation and OKC will bother to mention it.

He's a class act...and I doubt anyone outside of Syracuse Nation and OKC will bother to mention it.

“COME OFF DA BENCH MELO U SELFISH BUM! N PLAY SUM DEFENCE!”

^^^^^ Typical level of conversation you get from the average rube sports fan these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom