Miami or Oklahoma City? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Miami or Oklahoma City?

Sam Spann - why don't you just give us a full list of what we should like/not like... I don't like having all these separate sticky notes all over my computer.

Sam Spann - why don't you just give us a full list of what we should like/not like... I don't like having all these separate sticky notes all over my computer.

I was simply pointing out that popularity and quality are often times mutually exclusive. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

BTW, you said that OKC has a 30-35% chance of coming back to win the series. Care to put your money where your mouth is?

If some NHL scrub said anything like that about Carmelo Samspann would be leading the boycott. #AGENDANOTEVENTHINLYVEILLED.

Even Longislandcuse stepped up to the plate to give SOME props to Lebron. Own up!

and the general population thinks Lebron's a choker and a douche

interesting

they're too busy watching NCIS: Tacoma and the Real Houswives of CNY to pay attention.

If some NHL scrub said anything like that about Carmelo Samspann would be leading the boycott. #AGENDANOTEVENTHINLYVEILLED.

Even Longislandcuse stepped up to the plate to give SOME props to Lebron. Own up!

Yawn...

and yeah, Taylor Hall is a real scrub.

Clever.

Just admit that you have a double standard. Lebron's been at another level the whole postseason and if you're going to insist on bitching about officiating or leg cramps then you're just refusing to be objective.

Clever.

Just admit that you have a double standard. Lebron's been at another level the whole postseason and if you're going to insist on bitching about officiating or leg cramps then you're just refusing to be objective.

you have a serious reading comprehension problem. All I did was re-post an article that I stumbled across. If you feel so strongly about what "NHL scrubs" had to say, you should send them a tweet. I will admit that I found the drama last night slightly humorous.

Speaking of humorous, will the people who constantly defend James, and then claim that they're merely "objective observers", and not fans of his, finally tell the truth?

Hmmm... how about this... I'll give you MIA in Game 5..and I'll take the Thunder. I'll even wipe out the point spread. Miami is a 3 point favorite, but I'm willing to just bet it at an even spread. Just for Game 5.

I'd rather just bet individual games now...

Hmmm... how about this... I'll give you MIA in Game 5..and I'll take the Thunder. I'll even wipe out the point spread. Miami is a 3 point favorite, but I'm willing to just bet it at an even spread. Just for Game 5.

I'd be STUNNED if OKC doesn't get most of the whistles in Game 5
They know the $$ is in that Sunday, Game 6 in OKC.

Whoa! Just this morning, you posted about the 35-40% chance of OKC taking the next 3 games. What changed between then and now?

So it appears OKC might be in some trouble.. I think they have a good squad - but I don't think they are going to win 3 in a row to win this thing.. I hope I am wrong but I am keeping my expectations level and saying Lebron gets ring # 1.

With that said the next question I have is Miami just another Boston? Are they a one year Champ from their big 3 that gets close but cannot repeat? Lebron deserves credit for doing an amazing job this post season. The question is once he gets a ring.. does Miami have enough to keep going? Wade is aging.. and quickly. You can see him breaking down some. Cole/Chalmers are good enough role players as is Battier. Bosh is a very capable third option and can be dominant when he is on. If they bring in the likes of a Nash - I think they are weaker defensively. If Wade continues to regress due to age and injury it presents an interesting dynamic. As does whether this will fuel Lebron to want more with the monkey being off the back or will it be just the opposite and take the drive for a championship away. Right now I don't see this team being one to repeat and rack up titles, but I am sure that was said with Jordan as well.

Whoa! Just this morning, you posted about the 35-40% chance of OKC taking the next 3 games. What changed between then and now?

I already have 4 series bets going...I don't need anymore potentially bad investments..

So it appears OKC might be in some trouble.. I think they have a good squad - but I don't think they are going to win 3 in a row to win this thing.. I hope I am wrong but I am keeping my expectations level and saying Lebron gets ring # 1.

With that said the next question I have is Miami just another Boston? Are they a one year Champ from their big 3 that gets close but cannot repeat? Lebron deserves credit for doing an amazing job this post season. The question is once he gets a ring.. does Miami have enough to keep going? Wade is aging.. and quickly. You can see him breaking down some. Cole/Chalmers are good enough role players as is Battier. Bosh is a very capable third option and can be dominant when he is on. If they bring in the likes of a Nash - I think they are weaker defensively. If Wade continues to regress due to age and injury it presents an interesting dynamic. As does whether this will fuel Lebron to want more with the monkey being off the back or will it be just the opposite and take the drive for a championship away. Right now I don't see this team being one to repeat and rack up titles, but I am sure that was said with Jordan as well.

Any team that has Lebron is going to be a serious threat for titles, I think. Wade is aging; next year will be an interesting test for him. This year was the compressed season, and he is battling a knee injury, but he's also getting up there and relies on being a supreme athlete to dominate games.

That's a bit of a mischaracterization of Boston. Had their GM, Ainge, not completely lost his mind and traded Kendrick Perkins for Jeff Green, I believe they would have defeated Miami in last year's playoffs. They took Miami to game 7 this year--yes, Bosh missed part of the series, but so did Avery Bradley for the Celtics.

Regardless, it was a terrible trade. Boston had all of the ingredients for a championship run last year until that trade decimated the front court. And for a defensive oriented team like Boston, trading the team enforcer for a soft SF who barely played was insurmountable.

i agree.. and it was meant to be less of a shot at boston and more about what is the future of this miami team. i agree that the perkins deal was hard to fathom.. why break up such a successful group with good chemistry?

back to my point.. is miami good enough to get out of the east a few more years? can they get the big 3 to adjust their deals to add depth? does getting a ring fuel lebron for more or does he grow complacent?

That's a bit of a mischaracterization of Boston. Had their GM, Ainge, not completely lost his mind and traded Kendrick Perkins for Jeff Green, I believe they would have defeated Miami in last year's playoffs. They took Miami to game 7 this year--yes, Bosh missed part of the series, but so did Avery Bradley for the Celtics.

I don't think I agree with this. Boston's best lineups this year were when they had KG at the 5. What does Perkins give them that helps them beat Miami? He's not guarding Lebron. Protecting the paint a little more, but he's not much of a shot blocker; he is more of a guy who can use his size to guard big men in the post, something that Miami doesn't really have. And like I said, Boston played their best this year when they went small.

Also, if Derrick Rose never gets hurt, then Boston loses in round 2. Unless Josh Smith, Horford, and Pachulia never get hurt and they lose in Round 1. (And yes I know Boston had injuries as well.)

And I think if Bosh and Bradley are both healthy, Miami wins the series in 5 games anyway. Bradley is a nice player, but Bosh is an all star. Miami also won the series last year pretty easily. All 4 of their wins were by at least 8 points. I don't see how Perk swings that series either.

I think it's likely Boston wins in 2010 if they have Perk for Game 7 vs the Lakers. Those teams were much more evenly matched, and more importantly, LA had great big men that Perk could battle to more of a draw than a washed up Rasheed Wallace.

I don't think I agree with this. Boston's best lineups this year were when they had KG at the 5. What does Perkins give them that helps them beat Miami? He's not guarding Lebron. Protecting the paint a little more, but he's not much of a shot blocker; he is more of a guy who can use his size to guard big men in the post, something that Miami doesn't really have. And like I said, Boston played their best this year when they went small.

Also, if Derrick Rose never gets hurt, then Boston loses in round 2. Unless Josh Smith, Horford, and Pachulia never get hurt and they lose in Round 1. (And yes I know Boston had injuries as well.)

And I think if Bosh and Bradley are both healthy, Miami wins the series in 5 games anyway. Bradley is a nice player, but Bosh is an all star.

Rebounding and defense. Boston's issue with the Heat was not being able to stop Lebron and Wade from indiscriminately attacking the rim in the second half of games. Last year, when they lost to Miami in the playoffs, they had double digit leads in all four of the games that they lost, which they were unable to maintain. Double-digit leads. Defense was absolutely the issue in last year's playoff series.

I don't disagree that Garnett played fantastic ball down the stretch--he was a godsend. But with Bosh out, it would have been nice for Boston to exploit inside mismatches. The problem is, Garnett [at this stage of his career] is more of a perimeter jump shooter. Brandon Bass is the same thing, despite being a big strong guy. Now, Garnett certainly tried to work the post more than usual against Miami, and had a fair amount of success. But they weren't a "big" team. When they won the title a few years ago, they had tremendous size / interior depth, they rebounded well, and they defended the interior well--that hasn't been the case since the Perkins trade.

One last note on Bradley: I'm not suggesting by any means that he is an equivalent player to Bosh. BUT, he is a fantastic defender--his real value, moreso than shooting / scoring at this stage of his developmental curve. Having Bradley would have not only given Doc Rivers another defender to throw at Wade, it would have also provided added flexibility with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen both sporting bad wheels that limited them. For Boston, it was costly timing with the injury.

Agree Knicks...Miami kind of dares you to stay big. They would have loved to see Perk/KG in the game at the same time. Lebron is only a SF, but really rebounds and can defend more like a 4 when needed. Their guys all do a good job of playing bigger than they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom