Miami or Oklahoma City? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Miami or Oklahoma City?

I dont like Lebron, but I dislike Miami as a team more. I dont care for LBJ, cant stand crybaby Wade, hate their flopping, whining and ref baiting. Battier falling down anytime anyone comes within 2 feet of him. Their fans are horrible bandwagoners. As far as things I hate about Miami, I would put Lebron third behind the way they play the game and Wade.

Completely agreed on these points. I heard that guy Brian Winhorst or whatever the hell his name is that does the "heat index" for ESPN this morning talking about how it's mentally weak to complain about the refs in this series but then acknowledge the heat gets one or two calls a game for them. I think it's 5-10 calls per game, but I'll save that for now. With games decided by 5 points, aren't 1-2 calls enough to influence the actual outcome of the game? I don't blame Lebron for this, but he's the recipient of the majority of the calls. It's the reason I hate the NBA. Stars get the calls. Been going on for years, but when Michael pushed off to get that shot in the finals it was done for me. And it's just worse now.

Completely agreed on these points. I heard that guy Brian Winhorst or whatever the hell his name is that does the "heat index" for ESPN this morning talking about how it's mentally weak to complain about the refs in this series but then acknowledge the heat gets one or two calls a game for them. I think it's 5-10 calls per game, but I'll save that for now. With games decided by 5 points, aren't 1-2 calls enough to influence the actual outcome of the game? I don't blame Lebron for this, but he's the recipient of the majority of the calls. It's the reason I hate the NBA. Stars get the calls. Been going on for years, but when Michael pushed off to get that shot in the finals it was done for me. And it's just worse now.
Stars get the calls...unless your Kevin Durant.

People begging for Durant to get calls...but dude is afraid of the paint

Disagree completely. He's just done the cost benefit analysis in his head and realized its just not worth it. He drives into the paint and he's more likely to get called for a charge (Battier flop) or is going to get hit and not actually get the call. Happened more than a few times last night.

I'm sure if it was Lebron and DWADE getting called for fouls the same people would be just as vociferous with their officiating complaints ;)

Regarding the series...If someone could explain why Brooks feels obligated to force the Ibaka/Perkins combo in the game for 15 mins, I'd really love to know.

As a Celtics fan, I am now watching Perkins with a less biased eye than I did when he played for the green. And all I see from him is he is a goon. When he fouls, which is most of the time, he's trying to go right through the offensive player with his arm. I'm all for "make sure they don't make the shot" but what he does is ridiculous. He attempts to maim people. And he just gets in the way offensively.

Brooks is having a hard time with this series for sure.

Something I was just thinking about, unrelated to the refs.

Miami basically played 7 guys last night. Norris Cole was #8 off the bench, he played 8 minutes, Mike Miller played 3. OKC played 8. Just thinking, because every year we have the discussion about JB and the length of the bench he plays. When it gets down to nut cutting time, everyone shortens the rotation.

Something I was just thinking about, unrelated to the refs.

Miami basically played 7 guys last night. Norris Cole was #8 off the bench, he played 8 minutes, Mike Miller played 3. OKC played 8. Just thinking, because every year we have the discussion about JB and the length of the bench he plays. When it gets down to nut cutting time, everyone shortens the rotation.

Good point. Maybe JB actually does know what he's doing after all.

On a slightly related thought, I was thinking about the fact that this series is really coming down to the "other guys" contributions as to who actually wins this thing. The big three for Miami are producing and two thirds of the big three for OKC are producing as expected, but the bench and other starters for Miami seem to be giving more than their counterparts on OKC. Chalmers is playing well, Battier is killing OKC defensively and offensively with those bombs he's hitting. Brooks can't find someone to give a similar effort.

Good point. Maybe JB actually does know what he's doing after all.

On a slightly related thought, I was thinking about the fact that this series is really coming down to the "other guys" contributions as to who actually wins this thing. The big three for Miami are producing and two thirds of the big three for OKC are producing as expected, but the bench and other starters for Miami seem to be giving more than their counterparts on OKC. Chalmers is playing well, Battier is killing OKC defensively and offensively with those bombs he's hitting. Brooks can't find someone to give a similar effort.

And the funny thing about that is if you go to the earlier posts in the thread, the thought was OKC had the depth that Miami didn't. (And don't get me wrong, that seemed like the right idea at the time. Battier picked a good time to start making some 3's.)

And the funny thing about that is if you go to the earlier posts in the thread, the thought was OKC had the depth that Miami didn't. (And don't get me wrong, that seemed like the right idea at the time. Battier picked a good time to start making some 3's.)

And Harden picked a terrible time to forget how to make them. He looks terrible out there. His mind is totally messed up right now and he's actually hurting the team with his indecision.

Don't count the Thunder out folks. One win and all the sudden, all the pressure is back on Miami. Still a 35-40% chance the Thunder can pull this out.

Don't count the Thunder out folks. One win and all the sudden, all the pressure is back on Miami. Still a 35-40% chance the Thunder can pull this out.

For that to happen, their complimentary players need to re-find their games. The supporting cast was lights out against San Antonio, but so far they haven't provided the same level of contributions this series.

MIA is comfortable now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they blow this game on Thursday. OKC is going to give them their best shot and I think that is better than what MIA has.

Yeah I don't think the issue with with the random NBA fans who are rooting for either team right now, but the fact that Miami is one of the worst NBA cities in the country.

Yeah I don't think the issue with with the random NBA fans who are rooting for either team right now, but the fact that Miami is one of the worst NBA cities in the country.

Worst sports city in the country, not just NBA. And I say this as a Dolphins fan.

The Thunder have pretty much been a playoff contender for all their illustrious four year history.
2009 None
2010 FIRST ROUND
2011 WCF
2012 FINALS (At least)

Pretty easy to keep a fanbase with that track record.

The southeast of the US is littered with bad sports towns... too many transplants... less people with roots down there. Miami & ATL especially... just awful pro sports towns. Great college fans down in that area though...

Hockey players are poking fun at The King. An Aussie Rules Footballer chimed in as well.

They must be "haters" too.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/06/...amps-via-twitter-during-game-4-of-nba-finals/

“Lebron James is embarrassing himself and the NBA or actually all athletes,” tweeted Ryan Potulny, a forward in the Washington Capitals system.

“I wonder what kind of face LeBron would make if he took a slapper off the laces?” wondered former Bruin and current Jet Blake Wheeler.

“We get it Lebron, it doesn’t hurt when you’re running around but it looks unbearable when the cameras are close up during the timeouts,” wrote Nick Bonino, former BU player and current Anaheim Duck.“What a gutsy performance by lebron #not” wrote Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski.

“Oh my god guys, Lebron has a cramp, everyone get on their feet, standing O for somehow staying in the game,” wrote Scott Valentine of the Milwaukee Admirals, the AHL affiliate of the Nashville Predators, before sarcastically adding, “If Lebron somehow manages to pull off winning a ring after fighting through a thigh cramp.. it will be a story I tell my children’s children.”

Taylor Hall, the No. 1 pick of the 2010 NHL Draft, didn’t take a shot directly at LeBron, but rather at the whole sport.
“So much flopping going on.. Wondering what these bball players would do if they got a skate in the face haha,” wrote Hall, who himself received a cut on his face that required 30 stitches this season.

NHL players weren’t the only athletes taking shots at LeBron, as Jordan Lewis, an Australian Rules Football player, though the injury ought to have been serious, considering the way James was acting.

“Anyone heard what Lebron’s injury was??” he tweeted. “I’m tipping Torn hamstring, ACL or dislocated knee cap by the way he was carrying on!!”

Did you guys see the LA Kings cup celebration in LA?

I was embarassed for them. There are about 6 good hockey cities in America..and its just a niche sport everywhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom