Michael Gbinije | Syracusefan.com

Michael Gbinije

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Just a thought so don't unload on me if you disagree.

I haven't watched too much of the game tonight due to studies, but it seems clear that Duke can light it up from three and rebound on the offensive end. Our zone by nature gives up a higher number of offensive rebounds.

Do any of you think that Gbinije will see extended minutes due to his ability and length to guard the perimeter? His energy on the defensive end may also prove to be vital.

Thoughts?

I'm not saying he takes over by any means, just saying maybe he'll play an additional 10 or so minutes.

Just a thought so don't unload on me if you disagree.

I haven't watched too much of the game tonight due to studies, but it seems clear that Duke can light it up from three and rebound on the offensive end. Our zone by nature gives up a higher number of offensive rebounds.

Do any of you think that Gbinije will see extended minutes due to his ability and length to guard the perimeter? His energy on the defensive end may also prove to be vital.

Thoughts?

I'm not saying he takes over by any means, just saying maybe he'll play an additional 10 or so minutes.
oh yea... boeheim always lets other teams dictate what he does.

miami hit 9 of 17...

G played 6 minutes.

oh yea... boeheim always lets other teams dictate what he does.

miami hit 8 of 17...

G played 6 minutes.

It's not letting the other team dictate, it's making adjustments. It's like whenever Boeheim puts BMK in for defensive purposes etc.

Also Miami is not Duke. Despite Miami being a road game, we knew we were going to win. We had a bit of a disappointing scoring drought, but we won as expected.

I think we need our offense to win this game. Cooney plays a lot.

Agreed. I think we see Cooney fire up around 14 shots Saturday, regardless if he's on or not.

Agreed, agreed. I just hope he can find a rhythym.

Just hope that Cooney, Fair and Ennis all step up their perimeter defense. Parker, Hood and Dawkins are all dangerous.

We will have to score in the 70's to win

I don't see Duke playing slow ball like Miami

Duke also shoots nearly 41% from three. The closest we've seen to that was Baylor.

Didn't watch too much of the game, but I take it Hood pretty much shut down Patterson. So who does Hood guard Saturday? Fair? Grant?-VBOF

Va. Tech was 42.5% when we played them

Tech doesn't have the same weapons to open up and make the zone vulnerable, as duke does.

Didn't watch too much of the game, but I take it Hood pretty much shut down Patterson. So who does Hood guard Saturday? Fair? Grant?-VBOF

I'd assume Fair

I hope they put Parker on Grant. He might be the #1 pick when the draft comes around, but he will not be able to keep up w Jeremi when he drives. Could lead to foul trouble.

I've been waiting for Silent G to have a monster game. I think he comes out amped against his former team and plays really well.

I've been waiting for Silent G to have a monster game. I think he comes out amped against his former team and plays really well.
He hasn't been given the minutes and I'm not sure if that'll change soon.

He'll have his time in the next 2 years. A real diamond in the rough JB found, really happy to have acquired him.

I think Hood will guard Grant and Parker will guard Fair.
I don't know. I almost hope they make that mistake, thinking back to the final four game last year.

Fair is also a quiet big game guy. He'll keep our offense in it if he's allowed to.

Yes, I think that Silent G will have an excellent career at Syracuse. He is a much better fit with you guys than he was at Duke. He has a lot of talent and seemed to be a very good kid but it just wasn't meant to be Duke. I could be wrong but I think Coach K called Coach Boeheim and asked him to look at Silent G's tape and that he was a guy that could fit in the Syracuse program. Maybe it was just a rumor but that was out there the time of Silent G's transfer but it was out there and if it is true that speaks volumes about the relationship that K and Boeheim have.

I don't know. I almost hope they make that mistake, thinking back to the final four game last year.

Fair is also a quiet big game guy. He'll keep our offense in it if he's allowed to.

I am not being a jerk with this post- i honestly don't know your reasoning because- but why would it be a mistake for Hood to guard Grant and Parker to guard Fair?

I am not being a jerk with this post- i honestly don't know your reasoning because- but why would it be a mistake for Hood to guard Grant and Parker to guard Fair?

Grant's a beast and everything but Fair is our primary and most versatile scorer. So I'd assume Hood would be put on Fair, then again I'm not coach K I have no idea. Just what I'd assume.

It's not letting the other team dictate, it's making adjustments. It's like whenever Boeheim puts BMK in for defensive purposes etc.

Also Miami is not Duke. Despite Miami being a road game, we knew we were going to win. We had a bit of a disappointing scoring drought, but we won as expected.

I think you make a good point about JB and his use of BMK for defensive purposes and the similarity to G's time. I'm not sure why folks here expect so much more on the offensive end from Silent G but completely forgive BMK his shortcomings on that end. I think G will see some time on Saturday to lengthen the zone for sure and pressure the shooters of Duke.

EDIT - I will say that I don't like to see the lineup with BMK and G at the same time. It really limits our offense too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom