Michigan is going to run Florida off the floor today | Syracusefan.com

Michigan is going to run Florida off the floor today

Jasoncuse

2022 Iggy Winner: NCAA Tourament
I would much rather face UF, due to Michigan's talent. Hope we can shut down McGary and their guards...

No way. Give me the wolverines any day. I hope they win by 20 today because florida is defending like they have 3 players on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone tell me why everyone so badly wanted to face Michigan rather than Florida? I didn't understand it in that earlier thread and I especially don't understand it now.

Can someone tell me why everyone so badly wanted to face Michigan rather than Florida? I didn't understand it in that earlier thread and I especially don't understand it now.

I would much, much, much rather play Florida. They struggle to score at times and don't have nearly the NBA talent that Michigan has. Just because they play better defense doesn't mean I'd rather face the more talented Wolverines. I hope Florida can come back, but I doubt it.

No way. Give me the wolverines any day. I hope they win by 20 today because florida is defending like they have 3 players on the court.

Why do you want Michigan?

Best team other than us left no question about it.

Was very upset KU chocked against them b/c the Jayhawks would have been an easy game. Michigan will be tough and they have a couple guys with enough range to hit loooong 3s jacked up over our zone.

Because its basically the same offense and defense that beilein ran at wvu only he now has better players. Billy donovan bas two titles and jb owns beilein. Mitch mcgary will not get these easy baskets against us. Penn state gave michigan fits three times this season with a crappy zone they play.

Is Michigan this good or is Florida this Charmin soft? Burke is destroying Florida off the dribble and McGray is the perfect college big man who catches and finishes. Michigan is KILLING Florida on the offensive glass.

Florida got off to a slow start vs FGCU because their offense struggles to score. I could see them get going and make a comeback in this one as well. Michigan has a lousy defense and wins by outscoring the opposition.

Because its basically the same offense and defense that beilein ran at wvu only he now has better players. Billy donovan bas two titles and jb owns beilein. Mitch mcgary will not get these easy baskets against us. Penn state gave michigan fits three times this season with a crappy zone they play.

This Michigan team is so much more talented than any Beilein WVU team, so I find that almost irrelevant. They don't play the same defense that Beilein ran there either. They have shooters, ball handlers, rebounding, interior scoring and can come pretty close to matching our length. They have a stud PG, which is what would cause the most problems, with NBA wings and a stud in McGary. I find Florida so much more desirable and soft.

Agree on McGary. He's going to actually do his own work if he wants to score against us. He's not going to get nonstop open dunks, layups and put backs. Press out on their shooters and see if McGary can score on Rak/Keita.

Michigan very similar year as us. start off hot, struggle down the stretch, get hot in the tourney. only they doing it with offense and we doing it with defense. and needed a miracle comeback in sweet 16.

Burke is small, he'll have a tough time against our guards. and I like that they play 3 frosh.

Okay Stauskas is better than I thought and now I don't know if I want Michigan I just fear Florida's press and numerous 3 pt shooters. With that said Michigan played Penn State 3 times and struggled I hope we get that team next week. If Michigan wins this next week will be the Jalen Rose Bowl as Michigan and Syracuse were Jalen's last 2 college choices.

This Michigan team is so much more talented than any Beilein WVU team, so I find that almost irrelevant. They don't play the same defense that Beilein ran there either. They have shooters, ball handlers, rebounding, interior scoring and can come pretty close to matching our length. They have a stud PG, which is what would cause the most problems, with NBA wings and a stud in McGary. I find Florida so much more desirable and soft.

McGary a stud? Meh. If he's a stud then Christmas is too. He averages only 2 more points and 1 rebound per game.

He's played much better in the tournament, but stud - I don't think so. A few games does not make a stud

Florida also has shooters and ballhandlers and they play much better defense (aside from what you are seeing today). Patric young is a beast inside as well. Mcgary would struggle big time against us. I mean big time.

Florida is more experienced in this tourney and i still think would pose a tougher matchup. Michgan needs to outscore teams to win and thats a fact which would play right into our hands.

I feel good about either right now. FL is not pitting up many points against us and MU has been slowed down by FL crappy zone since they switched.

Florida seems like they have a glass jaw and if you punch them early they struggle. With that said Florida is the better team than Michigan. Michigan has more NBA talent, but Florida is the better college team. Honestly, at this point if we play well we can beat either and I have no bleeping clue whom I want. With that said according to Nate Silver SU would have a 42% chance for victory vs Florida and 68% for victory against Michigan.

Okay Stauskas is better than I thought and now I don't know if I want Michigan I just fear Florida's press and numerous 3 pt shooters. With that said Michigan played Penn State 3 times and struggled I hope we get that team next week. If Michigan wins this next week will be the Jalen Rose Bowl as Michigan and Syracuse were Jalen's last 2 college choices.
They didn't struggle 3x against PSU.

This is a different Michigan team with McGary playing like an absolute stud. He finishes so well, and that's something I'd worry about against Keita, and especially Christmas. Luckily, he's a terrible FT shooter, so we could just hack the crap out of him instead. And he actually doesn't get to the line that much either, only 45 attempts on the season in roughly 20 minutes per game. He's a monster on the glass, though.

Florida also has shooters and ballhandlers and they play much better defense (aside from what you are seeing today). Patric young is a beast inside as well. Mcgary would struggle big time against us. I mean big time.

Florida is more experienced in this tourney and i still think would pose a tougher matchup. Michgan needs to outscore teams to win and thats a fact which would play right into our hands.

Young isn't a beast. He's a big guy with no real offensive game.Why would McGary struggle against us? Kid would just go nuts on the glass.

Florida's D is kind of getting exposed today, Michigan is getting all sorts of open looks. If we got down against Michigan, I'm not sure we could come back...This team is excellent right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom