Class of 2014 - Mikale Wilbon, RB (Illinois) offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Mikale Wilbon, RB (Illinois) offered

I don't see Roberts visiting that weekend, but Dawson, another Chicago guy is scheduled then. I don't know if that's still a go with his health issues.

If I were one of those PSU commits I would definitely be evaluating my other choices because who knows who else he will try and recruit after "raping" the Vandy recruiting class.
Ha I see what you did there.

I

Yes, they are teammates and great friends. They talked about playing together, maybe now it can happen.
He "looks" like a good RB on his video and if they don't have confidence in Phillips and Naesean is a secondary player another good RB is wise even for this coming year.Morris and DMF need to strengthen up their body mass to withstand the punishment they are due for as the primary ball carriers.The thinking that AAM won't get much time on the field is not something I agree with just yet. Gulley has a higher opinion of his ability than he shows running parallel to the LOS and trying to get to the corner and turn up field. It pretty much guarantees a loss or no gain at best.

I just don't see how they could retro 5 scholies to last year. What. Didn't they fill their (reduced) allotment last year? I'm glad that pedophile U could perpetrate the worst lack of institutional control ever by allowing a coach to rape kids and then cover it up and NCAA gives them fargin slap on the wrist.

I don't see Roberts visiting that weekend, but Dawson, another Chicago guy is scheduled then. I don't know if that's still a go with his health issues.

Roberts committed on his official...Lamar Dawson (if healthy) and Colton Moskal (?) are taking their officials that weekend though

edit: I actually thought i remember seeing Roberts tweet that he was paying his own way to visit for the Duke game?

Last edited:
By the way, Wilbon is a nice looking D1 ready kid. Stocky, solid, strong, fast, jitterbug type kid. To me looks like he could be the real deal. Fingers crossed.

I just don't see how they could retro 5 scholies to last year. What. Didn't they fill their (reduced) allotment last year? I'm glad that pedophile U could perpetrate the worst lack of institutional control ever by allowing a coach to rape kids and then cover it up and NCAA gives them fargin slap on the wrist.

I think the sanction is more that they can't go over the hard 75 limit of scholarship players.

Roberts committed on his official...Lamar Dawson (if healthy) and Colton Moskal (?) are taking their officials that weekend though

Good that Lamar (hopefully) and Colton will be visiting that weekend.

We'll if we get one of the two remaining official visits has to bode well. Any idea if he is going anywhere next weekend?

We'll if we get one of the two remaining official visits has to bode well. Any idea if he is going anywhere next weekend?

Sounding like Nebraska is involved..i bet they get a visit

Have to like our odds with all our Chicago area recruits. Hopefully psu stays away

I wonder if Franklin will attend the AFCA convention. That might slow him down a little.

Scott McConnell ‏@Coach_Mac22 4h
Just talked to your head coach @_cjCooper1 in the Detroit airport. We are on the same plane bound for Indy!

amen... those cheating b@$tards

edit: I actually thought i remember seeing Roberts tweet that he was paying his own way to visit for the Duke game?

1. Derek Slivka ‏@dslivka 14h
  2. @D1_Roberts you bringing Wilbon with you next week

1. #AR70 ‏@D1_Roberts 13h
    @dslivka I'm going the 31st and I believe so

I take it then Roberts will be coming from Chicago on his own dime? and is all over helping to get Wilbon here? unbelievable.

I think the sanction is more that they can't go over the hard 75 limit of scholarship players.
the last notes i saw said they had a limit of 15 last year and upped it to 20 now for this year.

the last notes i saw said they had a limit of 15 last year and upped it to 20 now for this year.

Well this looks like a good clarification.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2014/01/state_of_the_sanctions_with_ne.html

"Gone is at least some of the scholarship reduction burden, what with Penn State receiving five scholarships back for its class of 2014 - meaning it can sign 20 players total Feb. 5 on National Signing Day - up from the 15 it was expected to be able to sign. At the time the reduction was announced Sept. 24, it meant O'Brien and his staff could pursue players it thought it didn't have room for. Now, it means a new staff could have room to bring commitments from its old school(s)to its new one, and also continue targeting prospects he and they had on their radar elsewhere. The program can have 75 total scholarship players for the 2014 season, which begins Aug. 31 in Dublin, Ireland when State faces off with UCF.
It's a trend that will continue into 2015 and beyond. The Lions will be allowed 80 scholarship players for that season, before being back to the standard 85 scholarship players allowed for all Division-I programs by the start of the 2016 season. In terms of class size, the new head coach will be able to sign a full 25 scholarship players - the norm everywhere - in his class of 2015, and that number will not dip again for the duration of the sanctions."

The Dead period ends 1/15... does anyone know if that means that on 1/15 face to face visits are allowed? Just wondering as HCSS is at the ACFA convention in Indy. Easy to make a in home visit to Wilbon before coming back to Syracuse.

it doesnt really tell you if the 15 limit for 2013 stays or is changed to 20 thats the only way they could sign as many as they are talking about.

it doesnt really tell you if the 15 limit for 2013 stays or is changed to 20 thats the only way they could sign as many as they are talking about.

I think you have to go back and look at the previous years. I think I read that in 2011 they only signed 16 commits, 19 in 2012 and 17 in 2013. So I guess that they could have been back dating some of these scholarships.

For what it's worth, one of his most recent follows on Twitter is the official Penn State feed. Not that it means anything, of course.

For what it's worth, one of his most recent follows on Twitter is the official Penn State feed. Not that it means anything, of course.

it'll mean something if he schedules a visit to Pedophile State U.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom