Mike Norvell | Syracusefan.com

Mike Norvell

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Apparently just told Narduzzi to hold his beer.

How will he get himself out of this one?

The Dabo “story” made me want to move to Canada. This one makes me want to grab popcorn.

Apparently just told Narduzzi to hold his beer.

How will he get himself out of this one?

The Dabo “story” made me want to move to Canada. This one makes me want to grab popcorn.

So FSU is going 2-10 this year?

yeah and whoever thought you would see and hear a large group of people chanting " F**K Drew Brees" walking down the streets of New Orleans. He probably should have just kept his mouth shut

Followed it up with the PR apology, which is worse.

His only path to victory was, as you said, to just not say anything at all.

I know some people hate that, but such is life in the social media dominated 2020.

Why you don't rush people to make a statement. He has a lot of work to do to earn the trust of his players again. They haven't played a game yet and he thought that a claim like this wouldn't get checked. All it takes is one person to dispute it.

Why you don't rush people to make a statement. He has a lot of work to do to earn the trust of his players again. They haven't played a game yet and he thought that a claim like this wouldn't get checked. All it takes is one person to dispute it.

Yep you only get one chance to make a first impression Mike...

yeah and whoever thought you would see and hear a large group of people chanting " F**K Drew Brees" walking down the streets of New Orleans. He probably should have just kept his mouth shut
To be fair, he was asked the question. Jim Brown shares the same opinion as Brees. Whether people agree or not, he is entitled to his opinion.

Not to be glib but i could care less what other coaches say about the issues in the country. I think we sometimes assume every coach is as eloquent and has as much EQ as Dino Babers. Some of these guys aren't great thinkers and to articulate what's going on in the world takes some thought, time and effort.

I have no doubt some coaches don't care about this issue and some will fake their feelings. All I know is Dino is the HC of Syracuse and I have a sneaky suspicion he gets it and will speak to these important issues from the heart to the players

They are idiots, Drew Brees has done so much for the community. Sometimes you choose to educate someone and give a guy a pass who is obviously a really great human being.

Not to be glib but i could care less what other coaches say about the issues in the country. I think we sometimes assume every coach is as eloquent and has as much EQ as Dino Babers. Some of these guys aren't great thinkers and to articulate what's going on in the world takes some thought, time and effort.

I have no doubt some coaches don't care about this issue and some will fake their feelings. All I know is Dino is the HC of Syracuse and I have a sneaky suspicion he gets it and will speak to these important issues from the heart to the players

I don't think they should say something publicly unless they feel like they come by it honestly. BUT - SEC HC's in particular have a lot of clout in their communities in areas where that kind of thing might go a long way.

There are some who handle things like this quite eloquently:

To be fair, he was asked the question. Jim Brown shares the same opinion as Brees. Whether people agree or not, he is entitled to his opinion.

Brown was great football player, but he has spent part of his post football life kissing republican butt.

I don't think they should say something publicly unless they feel like they come by it honestly. BUT - SEC HC's in particular have a lot of clout in their communities in areas where that kind of thing might go a long way.

There are some who handle things like this quite eloquently:

And there lies the problem. The pedestal the SEC puts on these high functioning cavemen to speak out on real societal issues is a problem. Mike Norvell isn’t going to say anything publicly that isn’t tossed into word salad created by SID wordsmithing at this point.

coaches are not that smart as we think and pay them. There are exceptions and Pop is one of them. Independent thinking man as well as Kerr

Brown doesn't have to be a leader in a locker room anymore. Not saying I agree or disagree with his comments, it's just a much different situation. Rather than bring up an article from 3 years ago, I'd be curious as to what his thoughts currently are about what's going on.

Or being true to his beliefs?

Could be, but it always seemed a little conveniently opportunistic to me.

I'd never say it to his face ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom