Minimum acceptable win total? | Syracusefan.com

Minimum acceptable win total?

SaltineWar

Scout Team
I know most of us are cautiously optimistic, but what is the absolute minimum win total you will accept from this team without major changes being made, HC, etc.?

I say any less than 4 wins (considering 2 should be layups) and we can start talking about changes. After the Grob debacle, we shouldn't be willing to wait things out as long.

Plus, there's always this:
Cki6F.jpg

Oh . Im sick of low expectations. IMHO, I EXPECT 8 WINS THIS SEASON. I only see Clemson and FSU and sure-fire losses. Even then, we could easily catch either school off guard.

W- Penn State
W- Northwestern
W- Wagner
W- Tulane
L- Clemson
PUSH - NC State
W-Georgia Tech
W- Wake Forest
W- Maryland
L- Florida State
PUSH- Pittsburgh
W- Boston College

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want good execution and for them to play hard for 60 minutes, the wins will come if they do this. If I see qb's letting the clock run out, missed tackles, players out of position or time outs because they are not prepared, then I will not be too happy with this team. As long as they remain healthy I firmly believe this team will get better as the season progresses.

I want good execution and for them to play hard for 60 minutes, the wins will come if they do this. If I see qb's letting the clock run out, missed tackles, players out of position or time outs because they are not prepared, then I will not be too happy with this team. As long as they remain healthy I firmly believe this team will get better as the season progresses.

For once I'd like a hot start where on the first week in October the dream of winning it all is still alive.

For once I'd like a hot start where on the first week in October the dream of winning it all is still alive.

I'd love wins too and to be honest they would come a lot easier if SU didn't schedule 2 tough teams right out of the gate.

6...forever and ever.

till they make 7 the bowl minimum.

7...is a realistic goal.

8...is what i would call this teams ceiling and depending on who the 8 are, about as perfect a season as 1 could expect in '13.

then add 1 for all those after the bowl.

Oh Lord

I'd love wins too and to be honest they would come a lot easier if SU didn't schedule 2 tough teams right out of the gate.

Agreed, I can't understand why these morons have been doing this every year for at least the last two decades. Rutgers built its program off cupcakes. Every year by week 5 they were 5-0, ranked and nobody even looked at who they had played.

5 is the low water mark, but it depends on what we look like on offense. I'd be forgiving if a new staff in a new conference struggles. We may be just as likely to sneak up on people though. Who knows?

I think we're primed to be as good as we've been in a long time in 2014 though. Maybe Top 25 good.

6. Need to make a bowl to maintain the momentum.

Seven, seven, seven... the magnificent seven!!!

magnificent-seven5202012.jpeg

6 and a bowl game is the absolute minimum. 7 or 8 should be expected if we are going to climb back to consistent football relevance. any less than 6 and we absolutely lose some of the hard fought momentum built over the last 3-4 years.

I'm on board with the idea that we need to make another bowl appearance, so we need at least 6 wins.

That said, the question in the OP was "what is the absolute minimum win total you will accept from this team without major changes being made?"

For those people placing the bar at 6, I'm wondering, what changes would you feel are justified if we fail to make a bowl?

If we win 6 games, I would not expect any major changes to staff.

7 is the expectation every year. 6 you're on the hot seat. 5 you better have a damn good reason the team will be better next year

I'd be disappointed with anything less than 6. We've made great strides in the past couple years and a letdown year extinguishes a lot of momentum.

I don't see this team as having an 8-win ceiling. In this game, the ball can bounce a lot of ways. The more skilled, focused and prepared you are seems to bring more bounces. Sky is the limit, but it's imperative we start strong. We need to come into the Clemson game at a minimum of 3-1 in my opinion to have the type of season the majority of us would enjoy. The back half of the schedule is a fight all the way.

I understand it's basically about wins and losses but with this schedule along with the breaks/calls of the game...think Cincy and Rutgers...wins and losses are so co dependent on so many things unless you have a heck of a lot of talent. I want a bowl at the minimum but we could see a range from 10 wins to 4 while playing almost the same way talent wise.

Whoever starts at QB will have never started a college football game in their life. That said less then 4 wins with this team would be hard to accept. Either way I think you give a first year coach atleast 2 seasons. Especially if the recruiting class starts to round out.

Agreed, I can't understand why these morons have been doing this every year for at least the last two decades. Rutgers built its program off cupcakes. Every year by week 5 they were 5-0, ranked and nobody even looked at who they had played.
And yet so many people still complain about the weak non-conference teams we play.

To me this is a 5-6 win team that could have the potential if everything breaks right to get to 8 wins and if things go real bad to have 4 wins. The D looks very solid but I am concerned about generating any sort of pass rush from the front four. On offense I have big time concerns about the WR position and the passing game overall. To me its critical we split the first two games. I know its a yearly complaint but why we seem to be the only team in the nation that has to start out the year with back to back top 30 teams is beyond me. Would be nice to be playign Wagner after the PSU game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom