Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe

And my post to that was that now we need to make Nick the co-defensive or associate defensive and make sure he knows it is his job soon. I am happy about Long. But we needed to take care of Nick at the same time.
There is also a distinct possibility that he doesn’t actually have the chops to make it as a DC right now, we will of course see how things go over at minn.

So I was able to find some salary numbers to provide a rough gauge of what the difference is between Big 10 and Syracuse. Joe Rossi just was extended as DC and will make $1.1 million and bumps to $1.2 in year 3. He is signed through 2025. Tony White had a salary of $640k with additional compensation to bump it to $705k. I couldn't find Monroes salary but you have to figure it was not more than Whites base of $640k. I don't see what Nick is making but as Co DC one could guess it's up there. Add he personally knows the current DC AND Monroes family is from there. Even IF Nick was our DC he would have left for Minnesota because of those factors.
Tony White made $711,000 in 2020 and I think was bumped up to close to $800k for this year, but I can’t find where I saw that.
Monroe did get a raise a few years back, but I am sure we’ll less than his new salary and agree SU couldn’t match the combination of factors you pointed out.

Parker Baldwin. He is currently our Quality Control Coach (defense). He played four years at San Diego State under Rocky Long as a safety. The Aztec rover position to be exact. Same position Urlacher played for Long.
He knows the 335 as a coach and player now.
Could be a good young cheap option to move into DB Coach position.
I hope cheap is not a factor in the hiring process.

In the history of CFB has there ever been a team that lost so many key pieces while the head coach stayed in place?
No one got fired. No one retired. Everyone left on their own accord for greener pastures
OC
DC
Top Assistant / recruiter
Top CB
Top Safety

It’s been an absolutely brutal stretch since we were 6-0 and ranked 12th Nation
Huh? I mean the top SEC teams lose 6-8 guys to the NFL draft every year. Usually a couple staff members too.

I hope cheap is not a factor in the hiring process.
I think the fact that he would be cheap is just a plus. Then you could use the extra money to splurge on your TE coach or whatever we are hiring for. Most coaches are given a staff budget and has to keep salaries within that range. Of course that could change given our circumstances.

There is also a distinct possibility that he doesn’t actually have the chops to make it as a DC right now, we will of course see how things go over at minn.
I know he's listed as Co-DC, but it sounds to me like he's be more like an assistant DC.

I think the fact that he would be cheap is just a plus. Then you could use the extra money to splurge on your TE coach or whatever we are hiring for. Most coaches are given a staff budget and has to keep salaries within that range. Of course that could change given our circumstances.
Oh, I know, I would just hope we have enough money in the budget to pay for quality or what we need, whoever that may be.

Huh? I mean the top SEC teams lose 6-8 guys to the NFL draft every year. Usually a couple staff members too.
Well we lost 4 starters to the draft that he didn’t list as well, and we’re not a top SEC team that can go out and poach starters from other P5 schools for $$$$ to replace lost starters.

He would be a great hire.

That said, poaching a coach from Georgia is going to be tough, especially if Georgia likes Brown and wants to keep him. They have to be paying crazy salaries to their coaching staff (along with huge bonuses every season), and are on top of the college football world now and for the foreseeable future.

If Fran wants to be a P5 HC someday, he is in the right place.

To me, the biggest thing Nick brought was his connections to Florida high schools for recruiting. He got involved with NJ as well recently and that was surely part of why we started improving our recruiting in that state.

If we could add Nunzio (or someone like him) on the offensive side and a coach with strong Florida HS connections on the defensive side, from my perspective, that would be ideal.

Guys want promotions. He deserved one and didn't get it.

Easy decision for him at the end of the day. Pay increase, title promotion.

We will continue to fight for the scraps.

He would be a great hire.

That said, poaching a coach from Georgia is going to be tough, especially if Georgia likes Brown and wants to keep him. They have to be paying crazy salaries to their coaching staff (along with huge bonuses every season), and are on top of the college football world now and for the foreseeable future.

If Fran wants to be a P5 HC someday, he is in the right place.

To me, the biggest thing Nick brought was his connections to Florida high schools for recruiting. He got involved with NJ as well recently and that was surely part of why we started improving our recruiting in that state.

If we could add Nunzio (or someone like him) on the offensive side and a coach with strong Florida HS connections on the defensive side, from my perspective, that would be ideal.
While we’re at it maybe we should target Jeff Hafley :). The DB position may be open until August with these suggestions lol.

Well we lost 4 starters to the draft that he didn’t list as well, and we’re not a top SEC team that can go out and poach starters from other P5 schools for $$$$ to replace lost starters.
I get that. But saying that we’re a historic aberration is kinda silly, right?

College football as we have known it over the past 20-30 years is dead. This isn't a suprise to anyone who has been watching. Either we get use to it or lose interest in it to some degree, depending on the individual. I use to love College football and the Syracuse season, now i just like it. Unfortunately im guessing things will continue to trend in this direction for many fans of schools who are not in the SEC or Big10. When you're playing on a drastically unlevel playing field its hard not to. Greed has, and will continue to kill this sport.
I enjoyed the Men's Soccer NC and Women's Hoops more than I enjoyed SU football, even before the Clemson game. Definitely approached some peak level during the Clemson game, but the way we lost, on top of the poor stats from Tucker overall killed it for me.

I do love Baber's speeches and some of this Mob stuff with the D, Dungey lifting us on his shoulders, and hoping Shrader gets that done next year too, but the rest is not enjoyable.

Just speaking as an out of stater who cannot attend games live.

Not sure if these names have been brought up as potential candidates for the vacancy left by N. Monroe...but just for S#!|+s and Giggles. I believe Dre Bly and UNC recently parted ways.

Patrick Toney

School
: Florida
Top recruit: Kamari Wilson
What he did: Convincing players your school is the perfect place is hard. But it’s even more complex when you arrive on campus with about a month left to Signing Day. That was the case for Patrick Toney. And it didn’t stop him from landing a good portion of the Gator’s 25th-ranked class.

Toney played a pivotal role in landing four-star safety Kamari Wilson, the top overall prospect in UF’s class and a top-50 recruit.

He was also the key recruiter for four-star defensive lineman Chris McClellan, who is the No. 120 player in Oklahoma. At one point, it appeared he was a lock for a school closer to home. But Toney flipped the script.

Then there was his work with top-60 overall player and four-star linebacker Shemar James and four-star safety Devin Moore, a top 200 prospect.

Toney quickly proved he can recruit on a national level and is worthy of being mentioned as one of the top recruiters in the 2022 class.

Dre Bly

School: North Carolina
Top recruit: Zach Rice
What he did: The former Tar Heel legend has now established himself as one of the top recruiters in the country. And that’s especially true with the 2022 class at UNC that finished at No. 10 in the country.

Bly was the central recruiter for Rice, the five-star offensive tackle that is one of the top all-time recruits signed by the Tar Heels. That effort is worthy of inclusion.

He also recruited four-star and top-10 running back George Pettaway, four-star receiver Tychaun Chapman and four-star cornerbacks Tayon Holloway and Marcus Allen.

As Bly’s reputation grows, so will his success on the national recruiting trail. It will be exciting to see who he lands in the future.

Ja’Juan Seider

School: Penn State
Top recruit: Nick Singleton
What he did: Landing the Gatorade national football player of the year is always a good thing to have on your resume. That’s exactly what Ja’Juan Seider did when he signed five-star running back Nick Singleton out of Reading (Pa.) Governor Mifflin.

Singleton is the all-time leading career rusher in Berks County history. That is thanks in part to a 2,043-yard season in 2021 that also included a whopping 41 touchdowns.

And he’s taking all that talent to Happy Valley, thanks to the job that Seider did recruiting him.

Seider also was the primary recruiter for another talented running back in four-star Kaytron Allen out of IMG Academy in Florida.

There were others on the Penn State staff that did excellent jobs and played a big part in the No. 7 class, but we’re adding Seider’s name to the top recruiter list for revamping the running back room.

Not sure if these names have been brought up as potential candidates for the vacancy left by N. Monroe...but just for S#!|+s and Giggles. I believe Dre Bly and UNC recently parted ways.

Patrick Toney

School
: Florida
Top recruit: Kamari Wilson
What he did: Convincing players your school is the perfect place is hard. But it’s even more complex when you arrive on campus with about a month left to Signing Day. That was the case for Patrick Toney. And it didn’t stop him from landing a good portion of the Gator’s 25th-ranked class.

Toney played a pivotal role in landing four-star safety Kamari Wilson, the top overall prospect in UF’s class and a top-50 recruit.

He was also the key recruiter for four-star defensive lineman Chris McClellan, who is the No. 120 player in Oklahoma. At one point, it appeared he was a lock for a school closer to home. But Toney flipped the script.

Then there was his work with top-60 overall player and four-star linebacker Shemar James and four-star safety Devin Moore, a top 200 prospect.

Toney quickly proved he can recruit on a national level and is worthy of being mentioned as one of the top recruiters in the 2022 class.

Dre Bly

School: North Carolina
Top recruit: Zach Rice
What he did: The former Tar Heel legend has now established himself as one of the top recruiters in the country. And that’s especially true with the 2022 class at UNC that finished at No. 10 in the country.

Bly was the central recruiter for Rice, the five-star offensive tackle that is one of the top all-time recruits signed by the Tar Heels. That effort is worthy of inclusion.

He also recruited four-star and top-10 running back George Pettaway, four-star receiver Tychaun Chapman and four-star cornerbacks Tayon Holloway and Marcus Allen.

As Bly’s reputation grows, so will his success on the national recruiting trail. It will be exciting to see who he lands in the future.

Ja’Juan Seider

School: Penn State
Top recruit: Nick Singleton
What he did: Landing the Gatorade national football player of the year is always a good thing to have on your resume. That’s exactly what Ja’Juan Seider did when he signed five-star running back Nick Singleton out of Reading (Pa.) Governor Mifflin.

Singleton is the all-time leading career rusher in Berks County history. That is thanks in part to a 2,043-yard season in 2021 that also included a whopping 41 touchdowns.

And he’s taking all that talent to Happy Valley, thanks to the job that Seider did recruiting him.

Seider also was the primary recruiter for another talented running back in four-star Kaytron Allen out of IMG Academy in Florida.

There were others on the Penn State staff that did excellent jobs and played a big part in the No. 7 class, but we’re adding Seider’s name to the top recruiter list for revamping the running back room.
Gonna start a thread so people can drop names of candidates. Add these names to it

Guys want promotions. He deserved one and didn't get it.

Easy decision for him at the end of the day. Pay increase, title promotion.

We will continue to fight for the scraps.
He is going home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom