Minnesota / Post-season thoughts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota / Post-season thoughts

Shrader is fine if his legs are going to be used and is a weapon. If we’re going to throw the ball 40 times a game, he’s not the guy.

He can be very efficient if you have to account for him, but once he stopped running, he became very defendable.

Last edited:
Could not agree more. I cannot imagine being 18-23 and NOT wanting to play a game I love on the .1% chance I suffer a serious injury. I always wanted to play (not football & only a HS Varsity level athlete), but I loved every second of it. Guys didn't opt out 10 years ago. How many guys NFL dreams were dashed due to injury? If anything, you get more exposure, 1 more chance for a game with your guys and go out on a high note. I coach 9 & 10 year old kids and what I wouldn't give to get out there and play again.
Difference is these kids are risking millions and a multi-year career playing the game they love, that .1% seems minuscule for a guy or gal playing their last HS game or their last college game before going to the professional world, but it’s very large for people who might miss out on life changing money. Why risk it if you don’t need to.

Difference is these kids are risking millions and a multi-year career playing the game they love, that .1% seems minuscule for a guy or gal playing their last HS game or their last college game before going to the professional world, but it’s very large for people who might miss out on life changing money. Why risk it if you don’t need to.

While I see what you're saying, after loss #1 (or at most 2) aren't all following games "meaningless." Why play against BC when we've qualified for a bowl and it literally means nothing?

Screenshot_2022-12-29-18-06-08-74_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

Soft generation. I have respect for Ibrahaim

Man, you are a broken record. You must have the "QB cannot throw" in your phone dictionary.
LOL I have been one of Shrader's biggest supporters. Unless you are from the future and I make these comments in 2023.

They were taunting our guys after every special teams play at our sideline. #55 Sori-Mariano should have been ejected in 2nd quarter when he targeted as the 3rd man in on a tackle (Pena or Cooper?). But we lost the game because of inability to tackle and lack of big plays.

Peña

This entire season the OL never lived up to the hype. Still need a 2nd WR to step up and the D was never really at full strength. Given the expectations starting the year, I’ll gladly take 7-6.

Fingers crossed there’s no more impact portal entrants after today’s game but there’s a solid foundation for next year.
Jones could be that number 2 if he comes back healthy.

Yep. Not to say GS doesn't have to continue to work on things (all players do) but people are saying he isn't going through his progressions and can't throw. Yeah no kidding because he is running for his life half the time. When you have less than a second before pocket collapses, the QB is not going to get through his reads. It's lazy criticism to blame GS for everything. On the interception, he had previously gone to Gadsden same route three times, the DC jumped the route. We should have run an out and up but hindsight is always 20/20.

That pattern short side of the field needs to be thrown right away even with no defender around. That throw likely is at Gadsden's feet. He stared down the WR. The LB did not jump the route. Shrader threw it right to him. Then he didn't make the tackle after the INT. That's 5 bad things he did in that one play.

good luck with any offense where the qb can't throw well

we have a good system if this qb, this line, and this wr can put up 480 yards in a bowl game

We can be more balanced. We were net 13 points on O today. That is all that matters.

Disagree. GS has been pretty accurate with the long ball all year. Not perfect but no one is but if he is getting 4 to 5 20 plus chunk plays that's actually pretty good. Our WR dropped a perfect long ball as well. I don't disagree that GS doesn't have things that can get better but I think people are conveniently forgetting a number of big plays he has made as well.
Look at the speed/loop on his short/mid passes.
And the strip which was called back is another example of his poor decision making.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom