Minor league basketball returning to Syracuse: Stallions named ABA expansion team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Minor league basketball returning to Syracuse: Stallions named ABA expansion team

Jimmy Evans brought a high quality, affordable, fan-friendly experience to Binghamton. Nobody thought he could compete with AHL, BU, even high school hoops. Many of the games at Seton CC packed the gym. The brand of basketball played was fun, largely void of defense, and fast. He's smart enough to do this on a scale small enough that families are as apt to attend as local hoops junkies. Sort of surprises me that he'd pick Syracuse rather than maybe scale up in Utica, but (disclaimer: I know Jim fairly well) I'll bet he runs a successful franchise here.

I agree with General20 : It will be cool to see and won't cost much at all.

I've only sat in the first row at a big time basketball game once. It was in the dome during the preseason NIT. After the SU game ended, almost nobody stayed to watch the other half of the bracket, which was Siena vs. Bucknell I believe. I stayed and was able to move all the way up to the front row behind the Siena bench. It was awesome to watch D1 caliber basketball players from that close. You pick up on a lot more and appreciate how good they really are.

Long story short, it will probably be pretty cool to watch these professionals up close and personal, and I bet it won't cost much either.

I'm for it.

Jimmy Evans brought a high quality, affordable, fan-friendly experience to Binghamton. Nobody thought he could compete with AHL, BU, even high school hoops. Many of the games at Seton CC packed the gym. The brand of basketball played was fun, largely void of defense, and fast. He's smart enough to do this on a scale small enough that families are as apt to attend as local hoops junkies. Sort of surprises me that he'd pick Syracuse rather than maybe scale up in Utica, but (disclaimer: I know Jim fairly well) I'll bet he runs a successful franchise here.

I agree with General20 : It will be cool to see and won't cost much at all.
Jimmy sounds like a solid guy.

I like Central City Salt Suds for the name. Make the uniform look like the old Russian ones. CCCP. Except in orange.

15-ARVYDAS-SABONIS-CCCP-NATIONAL-BASKETBALL-JERSEY-New-Custom-ANY-SIZE-Cheap-Stitched-Basketball-Mesh.jpg_640x640.jpg

Binghamton Bulldogs

Last edited:
Little trivia - Cuse has a previous connection to this ABA. The league wanted to name a team in Florida the Orangemen, but we blocked it as we felt they were trying to use our brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom