missed opportunity | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

missed opportunity

O'connell is like the typical Boston College player over the years who plants himself in the corner and just kills us with 3's when we don't cover him.
It's so frustrating to see one dimensional players like O'Connell continue to beat SU and the zone. As Saturday's game shows, it takes only 1 hot player from 3-point land to give SU a loss in a close game.

It's so frustrating to see one dimensional players like O'Connell continue to beat SU and the zone. As Saturday's game shows, it takes only 1 hot player from 3-point land to give SU a loss in a close game.

it really is amazing. hes the 1 freakin guy on their team that is dangerous from 3, and we let him go off. happens far too often. happened in the nc state game too. im shocked the white dude on louisville was bricking everything.

Been happening for forever it seems. The name mopa njila ring a bell?

in games where the team gets good looks but the shots don't fall, i'll happily put it up to "just didn't make the shots."

but here, duke's defense was the difference. there were not a lot of good looks to be had. yes it felt like a winnable game, but in this case it seems to me that syracuse did not so much lose the game as duke won it

Huge missed opportunity especially when you consider our yearly beating bu UNC is up next

The schedule is what it is, so let's be honest.

1-win out of out of the last 5 (Wake) is the most likely scenario.

It's also in line with how we finish our regular seasons.

Maybe we get lucky and steal another W like at Clemson, but that would be playing with the house money.

Hope I'm wrong, of course.

The schedule is what it is, so let's be honest.

1-win out of out of the last 5 (Wake) is the most likely scenario.

It's also in line with how we finish our regular seasons.

Maybe we get lucky and steal another W like at Clemson, but that would be playing with the house money.

Hope I'm wrong, of course.
Are you already assuming a loss in our 1st game in the ACC tournament? Impossible to tell at this point in time which team we will face but I'm fairly certain we'll be favored.

Are you already assuming a loss in our 1st game in the ACC tournament? Impossible to tell at this point in time which team we will face but I'm fairly certain we'll be favored.

I'm just going by how we've ended recent seasons and the stretch of games we have left that aren't kind.

I'm not factoring in the conference tourney.

God help us if we need to get a win there to ensure there's no bubble buster on selection sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom