Mitch Kimble QB? | Syracusefan.com

Mitch Kimble QB?

I'm likin' the 11th hour aggressiveness. I'm also likin' the Midwest recruiting roots. Yes, as much as the NE recruiting ties might suffer, end of the day, go where the talent is. The SU and ACC brand allows us to recruit nationwide.

I'm likin' the 11th hour aggressiveness. I'm also likin' the Midwest recruiting roots. Yes, as much as the NE recruiting ties might suffer, end of the day, go where the talent is. The SU and ACC brand allows us to recruit nationwide.

Its fine to go where your staff has relationships. But the core of your recruiting has to be in a 6 hour radius. Every coach will tell you that and every SU coach going back to Mac has said that including Marrone. We need a NE recruiter and it can't be the HC. You can't change recruiting areas every few years as coaches come and go. You have to be strong in your core area because your location never changes and you can always sell kids and parents on being able to see them play at home.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Nice size, speed and darn good grades as well. Saw the Jersey thing and thought for sure he was from NJ but should have known better!

Its fine to go where your staff has relationships. But the core of your recruiting has to be in a 6 hour radius. Every coach will tell you that and every SU coach going back to Mac has said that including Marrone. We need a NE recruiter and it can't be the HC. You can't change recruiting areas every few years as coaches come and go. You have to be strong in your core area because your location never changes and you can always sell kids and parents on being able to see them play at home.

A good example is NYC where we have taken a huge step in perception as NYC's school. Can't lose that.

images

Anyone else think of this when they see that last name?

I'm respectfully disagree. I don't believe the 6 hr radius rule applies to us. The Northeast has a dearth of FBS talent. You'll find a only handful of FBS players annually if you look 6 hrs towards New England. Ohio and Pennsylvania are definitely within our sphere of influence but we shouldn't force ourselves to focus/dedicate ourselves to NY/NYC players if none exist. It's a numbers game. We must look outside.

Take Washington for example. I think they're a good school to compare to based on academics and geographic isolation. The state of Washington produces 3x more FBS players per capita than New York State. If you look at their roster, they have 39 players from the state of Washington (out of 104 listed on their roster, 38%). The state of Washington produces more players than NY/NJ, CT, NH, VT, MA, ME does (on a per capita basis), yet they still go outside their state more often than not. And of those players from Washington on their roster, who knows how many are walk-ons.

My point is that we should go where the players are. We should go to Florida and Georgia just like UW mines California.

I just wan't good, honest recruiters no matter where their "area of expertise" happens to be.

I'm respectfully disagree. I don't believe the 6 hr radius rule applies to us. The Northeast has a dearth of FBS talent. You'll find a only handful of FBS players annually if you look 6 hrs towards New England. Ohio and Pennsylvania are definitely within our sphere of influence but we shouldn't force ourselves to focus/dedicate ourselves to NY/NYC players if none exist. It's a numbers game. We must look outside.

Take Washington for example. I think they're a good school to compare to based on academics and geographic isolation. The state of Washington produces 3x more FBS players per capita than New York State. If you look at their roster, they have 39 players from the state of Washington (out of 104 listed on their roster, 38%). The state of Washington produces more players than NY/NJ, CT, NH, VT, MA, ME does (on a per capita basis), yet they still go outside their state more often than not. And of those players from Washington on their roster, who knows how many are walk-ons.

My point is that we should go where the players are. We should go to Florida and Georgia just like UW mines California.

I just wan't good, honest recruiters no matter where their "area of expertise" happens to be.

We definitely have to go outside our area. We can't have a roster of 85 NE kids, we would lose all the time. But my point was, as all of our coaches have also said, is that you have to focus on your 6hr radius. Doesn't mean you have to have x% from that area and y% from outside. Since the NE doesn't have the talent other areas do, I would expect SU to have a lower % from inside that radius. But recruiting is about location, ease for parents to see their kids...and relationships. The first 2 will always be a constant. The 3rd one can change when coaches change.

We tried to hit GA and other SE states hard (always hit FL). Will that happen now? I'm doubtful because a lot of those relationships were Adkins and even Marrone to a certain extent. Now we will focus on areas our new guys have relationships. Which is all well and good and expected. It is hard to toss a coach into an area they have never been. Relationships are developed over years. You may hit on some due to a great intitial impression but long term relationships are work. We have to maintain a strong presence in NY, NJ, PA, MA, and CN. Those states will always be there and we can always also sell the distance to the parents and kid which could be the tie breaker in some cases.

We definitely have to go outside our area. We can't have a roster of 85 NE kids, we would lose all the time. But my point was, as all of our coaches have also said, is that you have to focus on your 6hr radius. Doesn't mean you have to have x% from that area and y% from outside. Since the NE doesn't have the talent other areas do, I would expect SU to have a lower % from inside that radius. But recruiting is about location, ease for parents to see their kids...and relationships. The first 2 will always be a constant. The 3rd one can change when coaches change.

We tried to hit GA and other SE states hard (always hit FL). Will that happen now? I'm doubtful because a lot of those relationships were Adkins and even Marrone to a certain extent. Now we will focus on areas our new guys have relationships. Which is all well and good and expected. It is hard to toss a coach into an area they have never been. Relationships are developed over years. You may hit on some due to a great intitial impression but long term relationships are work. We have to maintain a strong presence in NY, NJ, PA, MA, and CN. Those states will always be there and we can always also sell the distance to the parents and kid which could be the tie breaker in some cases.
Gotta get that cow onto the farm and milk it each year.

As a resident of the great state of Delaware, I'm offended that you forgot the first state. Derrell and Jerome Smith say hello.

We tried to hit GA and other SE states hard (always hit FL). Will that happen now? I'm doubtful because a lot of those relationships were Adkins and even Marrone to a certain extent.
Aren't you forgetting about McDonald who has plenty of relationships in the South - far better than we had apparently.

We were able to get guys from Maryland DC Virginia area for awhile. I would like to see a few kids a year from there. London at UVA making that harder idk? Still a lot of players and within 6 hour radius.

Interesting that we are looking for only someone with a good arm and we find Kimble. (Remember Kimble was looking for someone who only had one good arm). :)
images
I think you need a hobby or something to keep you occupied.

Interesting that we are looking for only someone with a good arm and we find Kimble. (Remember Kimble was looking for someone who only had one good arm). :)
images
Now that's funny!

Does not seem like a D1 QB.. Does not take time to read the field and get rid of the ball kinda sloppy.. I could see him as a WR yes... He can run and cut and would look good burning the turf... But QB No...

Does not seem like a D1 QB.. Does not take time to read the field and get rid of the ball kinda sloppy.. I could see him as a WR yes... He can run and cut and would look good burning the turf... But QB No...
He has good feet good vision but his delivery is baseball like. wish we could have kept za

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom