Mizzouri to SEC...let the merry-go-round resume* | Syracusefan.com

Mizzouri to SEC...let the merry-go-round resume*

A unanimous action was taken by the curators: The board of curators delegates the authority to Chancellor Deaton to take any and all actions to explore options for conference affiliation that are "best for the university."

Interim President Steve Owens says the Big 12 is asking its members to make binding long term irrevocable agreements.

Owens: Now is the time to explore all of our options before we lock into our commitment with the Big 12.

The curators say the decisions they made today were made unanimously. They will not specifically say which conference they are looking at.

Round and round she goes. Where she stops, nobody knows.

Especially if nobody is Rutgers, Louisville and WVU.

Mizzou Curators voted to give the Chancellor the opportunity to explore all options before they decide to agree to any long term deal with the B12.

Not 100% yet. They gave the Prez the authority to explore options, which means they didn't commit to the B12 long term deal, but nothing has been made official yet. The way these things change every day I'm not sure it is over over.

As long as ButtGirls is left on the stuff hole called the big east i dont care!!!

Well, the Mizzou chancellor also resigned from the Big 12 Board of Directors. That plus the statement that "the big 12 wanted an unequivacal committment and we need to explore our options" is pretty much a big FU to Texas and the rest of the conference.

Not 100% yet. They gave the Prez the authority to explore options, which means they didn't commit to the B12 long term deal, but nothing has been made official yet. The way these things change every day I'm not sure it is over over.

I'm fairly certain, in this case, they are absolutely gone. Either to the SEC, or, if they decide to make an offer, the Big Ten. Either way, I think Mizzou's bags are packed.

I'm fairly certain, in this case, they are absolutely gone. Either to the SEC, or, if they decide to make an offer, the Big Ten. Either way, I think Mizzou's bags are packed.

They probably are, but people have thought they were a couple of other times before too.

Supposing they go, where does this leave the Big 12? Texas?

Either a club to bring to B12 negotiations or a path to the SEC. Classic Curator move.

I get why Missouri would do this as its obviously a lot of money but I'm thinking their football just gets swallowed up in the SEC.

Time to go troll the WVU boards and watch the meltdown...

Well OU made the same statement when A&M left and are still in the B12. I really really hope that Mizzou is gone to the SEC and that the B12 takes Louisville, WV, TCU, and Cincy to get back to 12. If they dip to 8 their current contract is gone. So they may have to go back to 12 to make the money back from new markets and increased inventory. That would leave the BE with USF, UConn, and RU. At that point the BE would be forced to give up FB operations. No school would want to join in FB without a BCS bid. USF would go to CUSA, UConn to the MAC for FB only, and RU the Sun Belt since the MAC is too hard.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is a big loss for the Big XII? Now they can be even more bold with replacements.

West Division - Boise State, BYU, TCU, Baylor, Iowa State, Texas, Texas Tech.
East Division - Cincinnati, Louisville, West Virginia, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State.

Not the cleanest divisions, but they should probably have TX and OK in different divisions. Maybe they could add another west team (Air Force?), put Iowa State in the east and leave Cincinnati in the Little East. If they wanted to really screw with the LE, that would be a better move.

We've lived through the dysfunctional BE..the Big 12 has to have some very good reasons why it seems to be self destructing. Nebraska..Colorado..A&M and I'm betting Missouri... all leaving?

Texas must be as obnoxious as the standard stereotype labels them. That was a good conference.

We've lived through the dysfunctional BE..the Big 12 has to have some very good reasons why it seems to be self destructing. Nebraska..Colorado..A&M and I'm betting Missouri... all leaving?

Texas must be as obnoxious as the standard stereotype labels them. That was a good conference.

Pigs get fat - hogs gets slaughtered

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is a big loss for the Big XII? Now they can be even more bold with replacements.

West Division - Boise State, BYU, TCU, Baylor, Iowa State, Texas, Texas Tech.
East Division - Cincinnati, Louisville, West Virginia, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State.

Not the cleanest divisions, but they should probably have TX and OK in different divisions. Maybe they could add another west team (Air Force?), put Iowa State in the east and leave Cincinnati in the Little East. If they wanted to really screw with the LE, that would be a better move.

If that happens we can repeal the BE exit clause with a majority vote. ACC next year! :D

Wow UConn, Rutgers, South Florida are in HUGE trouble if Mizzou leaves for the SEC. The B1G isn't expanding off 12 without Notre Dame or Texas. They have too many trophy games to water down their product for Rutgers or UConn. You gotta believe Louisville, BYU are invited to the Big 12 and if they want 2 more Cincinnati and West Virginia are next. Seriously its kinda sad what is going to happen to them then you look at how RU and UConn's fanbases are condescending towards SU in a non-rivalry way and you don't shed a tear. There was a UConn poster I can't remember his/her name who did nothing but crap on SU on the site before this, and that douche better enjoy UConn in a BCS conference now because they aren't getting invited to the ACC, SEC, B1G, or B12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom