mlb floating "arizona plan" | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

mlb floating "arizona plan"

It isn't just national TV deals, it's regional sports networks as well. Would just seem to follow as the broadcasters weaken financially and as ratings decline (and they have been prior to covid) that new deals would suffer as a result. Btw MLB attendance has declined in six of the last seven seasons.

I understand your point, but I'm just saying it hasn't seemed to happen yet. And TBS negotiated this deal in the middle of the pandemic! Ratings are declining, but they decline across the board, and sports still generally holds up better than anything.

Plus, this deal and the Fox deal are locked in through like 2028. So they aren't going down any time soon.

It isn't just national TV deals, it's regional sports networks as well. Would just seem to follow as the broadcasters weaken financially and as ratings decline (and they have been prior to covid) that new deals would suffer as a result. Btw MLB attendance has declined in six of the last seven seasons.
Sporting events are the last television product in which most of the public still insists on watching live. Demand for the rights to this content will not decrease.

Also, I can guarantee that the value of the Dodgers has not decreased.

"You can't just hide out in your house and hibernate your whole life."

from one of the players.. Actually if I had the money it would pretty easy to do. Get my food delivered and just stay home or go to work for 3 months.. Already donte the work from home for 3 months thing.. other than getting food to go no need to go into any place. Its even easier if you have the money/means to pay for everything else you need.

The NHL made Toronto the Hub City for its eastern conference playoffs.

So they aren’t anti-sports.
They smartly just want to keep Floridians and New Yorkers out of their state.

My Red Sox source said the Blue Jays May play their home games with the Sox at Fenway since MA has a low risk for the virus.

As a Canadian I am happy the Jays will not be playing in Toronto. Ontario has it under decent control, and having players coming in and out every 3 to 7 days was a unnecessary risk.

I have not seen any tweets, but I heard on the radio that apparently a few ballplayers boldly stated that the government could not tell them what to do and would not be following the isolation procedures that would have been needed while they were in Toronto. They made the necessary decision even easier I suspect.

My Red Sox source said the Blue Jays May play their home games with the Sox at Fenway since MA has a low risk for the virus.

The difference with baseball and Hockey, was that the players came in once as a group, and did do some testing and isolation when they get at the location.

Baseball would have players from two teams coming in and out every 3 to 7 days and some teams from Florida, or who have just traveled to Florida. It's a very different situation.

I would have preferred no Hockey in Toronto either but it makes more sense financially then baseball and is safer.

As a Canadian I am happy the Jays will not be playing in Toronto. Ontario has it under decent control, and having players coming in and out every 3 to 7 days was a unnecessary risk.

I have not seen any tweets, but I heard on the radio that apparently a few ballplayers boldly stated that the government could not tell them what to do and would not be following the isolation procedures that would have been needed while they were in Toronto. They made the necessary decision even easier I suspect.

So would the Blue Jays all have to live in the US for the duration of the season? They’d be giving up significantly more than any other team, if so.

Safe to say this should be the end of the “NFL team in London or Mexico City” talk, for a long while.

New York is probably the safest place to be right now.

New York is probably the safest place to be right now.

Nope.

Ontario cases on July 16 = 111 (although 166 reported today which is concerning as it is an 8 day high)
New York cases on July 16 = 776

Ontario's population is about 75% of New York State, yet the case load is about 15-20%.

So would the Blue Jays all have to live in the US for the duration of the season? They’d be giving up significantly more than any other team, if so.

Safe to say this should be the end of the “NFL team in London or Mexico City” talk, for a long while.

I suspect the players can come back to Toronto at any time, although not 100% sure -- however they would be required to isolate themselves for the first 14 days they are here like others who are allowed entry. Furthermore, if they came back to visit their family for a day or two, the family members would then need to quarantine for 14 days.

Nope.

Ontario cases on July 16 = 111 (although 166 reported today which is concerning as it is an 8 day high)
New York cases on July 16 = 776

Ontario's population is about 75% of New York State, yet the case load is about 15-20%.
I meant in the US.

I suspect the players can come back to Toronto at any time, although not 100% sure -- however they would be required to isolate themselves for the first 14 days they are here like others who are allowed entry. Furthermore, if they came back to visit their family for a day or two, the family members would then need to quarantine for 14 days.
Surprised since the Rogers Centre and I did the re for my Canadian friend and not the US English way Center wasn’t allowed to host games with caveat all the opponents stayed at the hotel attached to the property and as long as opposing players wouldn’t leave that facility.

It’s not a big deal anyway. As long the Blue Jays don’t stay in Florida.

Surprised since the Rogers Centre and I did the re for my Canadian friend and not the US English way Center wasn’t allowed to host games with caveat all the opponents stayed at the hotel attached to the property and as long as opposing players wouldn’t leave that facility.

It’s not a big deal anyway. As long the Blue Jays don’t stay in Florida.

It did seem to be a workable solution - the city and province gave clearance, but only the Feds could give the quarantine exemption.

It really isn't a big deal for players. Actually opponents are probably happier since no customs, and customs is probably more of a PITA during the current restrictions.

Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts are doing better than New York.

New York has gotten better it’s still dangerous.
To be fair those are much smaller states.

MLB exhibition games are going. Cubs/White Sox on ESPN. It’s definitely weird with no fans. Not the same. I’ll take it though.

Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts are doing better than New York.

New York has gotten better it’s still dangerous.

I think they basically have the lowest infection rate around?

I havent updated my spreadsheet for the last few days, but as of 7/16, they had a 7 day average positive rate of 1.16%. Behind Vermont, CT, and Maine, but ahead of Mass and Rhode Island.

I updated, it's now 1.15%. Still behind those 3 states, and no one else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom