mlb floating "arizona plan" | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

mlb floating "arizona plan"

The fact the player testing has bungled this badly shows how truly an awful commissioner Rob Manfred is.

This season is such a joke. Just cancel the season. Player safety isn’t a top priority.

The fact the player testing has bungled this badly shows how truly an awful commissioner Rob Manfred is.

This season is such a joke. Just cancel the season. Player safety isn’t a top priority.

Did I read it correct that every team's tests are being run through the same lab in Utah?

Did I read it correct that every team's tests are being run through the same lab in Utah?
Yes. MLB can’t get their chit together.

These tests are being stuck in the airport or the lab isn’t sending people to do them.
They had all this time to get ready and MLB is failing.

These tests are being stuck in the airport or the lab isn’t sending people to do them.

Over a holiday weekend.

Because MLB wants to control everything (remember when teams controlled their own website and uniforms), teams couldn't use local medical testing I guess.

EcRqOWcWAAcRCUf.jpg

Red Sox at Braves to end the regular season.

For two months anyway.

Why wouldn’t he stay with an extremely well run perennial championship contender that’s loaded with cash?

Why wouldn’t he stay with an extremely well run perennial championship contender that’s loaded with cash?

Stevie Cohen riding in on his white horse (with lots and lots of money) to buy the Mets and sign Mookie

Stevie Cohen riding in on his white horse (with lots and lots of money) to buy the Mets and sign Mookie

You’d still be missing the well run, perennial contender parts though.

Now they're under extreme pressure to sign Betts and yet from an economic standpoint the franchise is clearly worth less today than it was when they made the trade. The next TV deal will be less lucrative. Even though I enjoy baseball, the sport is slowly heading south. That's undeniable. Young people just don't watch it. Doling out a massive contract to Betts has disaster written all over it. And that's no knock on Mookie. These mega contracts rarely work in favor of the signing club.

Now they're under extreme pressure to sign Betts and yet from an economic standpoint the franchise is clearly worth less today than it was when they made the trade. The next TV deal will be less lucrative. Even though I enjoy baseball, the sport is slowly heading south. That's undeniable. Young people just don't watch it. Doling out a massive contract to Betts has disaster written all over it. And that's no knock on Mookie. These mega contracts rarely work in favor of the signing club.

TBS just re'upped for like 45% more than the old deal, so I would not take that as a lock.

You’d still be missing the well run, perennial contender parts though.

yes but the money!!!!!

Plus. 2015 NLDS. dont forget that!

Mets should be lurking for Kris Bryant.
Cubs are going to have payroll issues and if the Mets offered Syndergaard for Bryant next year it’s possible a deal could be struck.

Mets should be lurking for Kris Bryant.
Cubs are going to have payroll issues and if the Mets offered Syndergaard for Bryant next year it’s possible a deal could be struck.

If they're going to trade Bryant not sure it would be for a guy who will be a FA at the same time (especially one who is coming off TJ)

If the Mets are bought by Cohen and are actually run like a large market team, they should just sign Betts. Plus sign other guys! cause they would have lots and lots of money.

If they're going to trade Bryant not sure it would be for a guy who will be a FA at the same time (especially one who is coming off TJ)

If the Mets are bought by Cohen and are actually run like a large market team, they should just sign Betts. Plus sign other guys! cause they would have lots and lots of money.
Bryant is the name to watch for a team like the Mets IMO.

Cubs have major decisions coming their payroll is being crushed by the Heyward and Darvish contracts and that is with Lester and Quintana coming off the books.

Bryant’s arbitraton number going up plus Happ/Contreras/Baez numbers going up they are strong candidates to do what the Red Sox did with Mookie Betts.

I was just throwing that in as a rub. Back to Baseball Suzyn.

Can’t wait to take a knee before the game, and then watch my Dodgers close out the World Series.

Ok, back to hardball Bubba.

TBS just re'upped for like 45% more than the old deal, so I would not take that as a lock.

yes but the money!!!!!

Plus. 2015 NLDS. dont forget that!

It isn't just national TV deals, it's regional sports networks as well. Would just seem to follow as the broadcasters weaken financially and as ratings decline (and they have been prior to covid) that new deals would suffer as a result. Btw MLB attendance has declined in six of the last seven seasons.

This really has been a mess. When Selig left, I was thinking it had to get better. But I'm not sure Bud wouldn't have handled everything better this year so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom