mlb floating "arizona plan" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

mlb floating "arizona plan"

sports have the money to ramp up testing.. they could i theory by the equipment needed for every facility. They could partner with the testing companies to ramp up their testing too. The colleges are doing it and any big company will probably need to as well.

Baseball needs to just cancel the season.
These players taking all these tests, materials, and resources for a sport with no fans and losing all that money per game is just pointless.

Basketball and hockey are finishing seasons not opening up. Just cancel the season MLB the players shouldn’t give an inch. The owners need to open their books if they want to believed.

I think the opposite.. players make way too much money, cut the salaries in half and the ticket prices in half. Is it any wonder its glamor days were when players made more like normal people wages.

I think the opposite.. players make way too much money, cut the salaries in half and the ticket prices in half. Is it any wonder its glamor days were when players made more like normal people wages.
Owners make more than players.
I side with the millionaires over billionaires.

most of those owners made money some place else though.. Its the players salaries that price fans out of the games, Do you think these teams are making hundreds of millions in profits every year?

most of those owners made money some place else though.. Its the players salaries that price fans out of the games, Do you think these teams are making hundreds of millions in profits every year?
The Yankees Forbes value in 2003
849 million dollars

The Yankees Forbes value in 2020
5 billion dollars

The owners are making money hand over fist.
TV revenues make it so that Gates/tickets sales aren’t as important.

This says all the teams profits were under 100 Million. So just avg things out the best teams are only making 20-50 million as opposed to Oil companies making Billions. A profit of 20 million means 1 player can skew everything.

What a team is worth vs its profits is vastly different.

We are only 7 yrs away from 1/3 of the teams losing money.

This says all the teams profits were under 100 Million. So just avg things out the best teams are only making 20-50 million as opposed to Oil companies making Billions. A profit of 20 million means 1 player can skew everything.

What a team is worth vs its profits is vastly different.

We are only 7 yrs away from 1/3 of the teams losing money.
Teams use their TV networks to cook their books.
If the team owns its TV station that a lot of big market teams do their profits appear less than they are because they “charge” themselves whatever they want.
Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Angels, Cubs, Phillies, Orioles own their TV stations they put games on. The Dodgers have a billion dollar TV deal.

These teams aren’t going to lose money until their old audiences die off.

I get it.. but the players want the owners to lose money now in this deal. guys making millions wanting more money when 1/4 of the country is out of work just seems wrong.

They both need their fork in the pie, but the long term health of the league is best with strong owners. There will always be players and stars.

everyone is taking a haircut, it just needs to be worked out.

I have no problem with an 81 game season.

Interesting to see what the union will respond with. After seeing bits and pieces of the owners plan baseball seems further away than imagined (to me).

They both need their fork in the pie, but the long term health of the league is best with strong owners. There will always be players and stars.

everyone is taking a haircut, it just needs to be worked out.

I have no problem with an 81 game season.
Players are taking a haircut. They are going to get prorated contracts.

Owners need to eat the losses for one year if they want good faith from players.
Expecting revenue sharing is the owners trying to use the pandemic to backdoor a salary cap into the sport and people who are objective can see that.

Players are taking a haircut. They are going to get prorated contracts.

Owners need to eat the losses for one year if they want good faith from players.
Expecting revenue sharing is the owners trying to use the pandemic to backdoor a salary cap into the sport and people who are objective can see that.
A salary cap??

the Yankees, Dodgers, Angels, Nationals, Phillies, Cubs, Cardinals and sux are never going to vote for that.

we also can’t have the bottom 9 MLB teams up for sale at once.

A salary cap??

the Yankees, Dodgers, Angels, Nationals, Phillies, Cubs, Cardinals and sux are never going to vote for that.

You get the owners proposal for 50/50 revenue split is creating a salary cap for this season right?

They are trying to lay the foundation for a salary cap if people understand the owners proposal.

The Royals sold for one billion dollars last year or the year before. If owners want to sell their are plenty of rich billionaires who will want in.

A salary cap??

The league has a soft cap, heck knows the Lerner's go by it.

You get the owners proposal for 50/50 revenue split is creating a salary cap for this season right?

They are trying to lay the foundation for a salary cap if people understand the owners proposal.

The Royals sold for one billion dollars last year or the year before. If owners want to sell their are plenty of rich billionaires who will want in.
They could play this season with an added rover for all I care, what happens in 2020, stays in 2020.

The league has a soft cap, heck knows the Lerner's go by it.
The will never be a hard cap for the reason alsacs already laid out...tv channels.

You can’t put a hard top in...without a hard bottom.

and the only way to do that is to tell the Steinbrenner’s and god forbid the wilpons, that they need to start sharing YES & SNY $$$ with Jeter.

The will never be a hard cap for the reason alsacs already laid out...tv channels.

You can’t put a hard top in...without a hard bottom.

and the only way to do that is to tell the Steinbrenner’s and god forbid the wilpons, that they need to start sharing YES & SNY $$$ with Jeter.
I've also thought too that baseball rosters are fundamentally different from other sports, and a cap gets really weird for them.

I mean, you've got the 40 man to start with, but 15 of those guys are in the minors or injured at any one time. But the 40 isn't fixed and might move around. How do you factor all of that into a cap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom