MLB postseason thread | Syracusefan.com

MLB postseason thread

Alsacs

Living Legend
Now that we have postseason set. Who do you got?
NL Wild Card: Giants over Mets. Give me Mad-Bum in a do or die game over any other pitcher in MLB.
AL Wild Card: Blue Jays over Orioles. Rogers Centre is nuts and I think the Jays win.

NLDS: Cubs over Giants. This will be the closest series of the first round. I like the Cubs in 5. Lester wins game 5.
Dodgers over Nationals. No Strasburg is the difference in this series. I think if we were pitching game 2 the Nats would win but without him I like the Dodgers in 4.

ALDS:
Blue Jays over Rangers: Jays will throw Bautista bomb at the Rangers and beat Texas in a rematch. I like Toronto in 4.
Red Sox over Indians: If this started in Boston I would pick a Sox sweep but starting in Cleveland I will say Boston in 4. The Indians aren't starting Kluber in game 1 and going with a 3 man rotation Bauer-Kluber-Tomlin. If the Indians had Salazar or Carcasso it would be a close series. I think Boston can hit Bauer and Tomlin and if Kluber isn't 100% lookout.

NLCS: Dodgers over Cubs. Cubs have the better team but I think Kershaw will dominate this series. If Kershaw doesn't win 2 starts then the Cubs win this series.

ALCS: Blue Jays over Red Sox. I think Toronto is a tough matchup for Boston and will beat them. John Farell is a terrible manager and he will blow a game and Toronto wins it.

World Series Dodgers over Blue Jays. I like the Dodgers this year.

Orioles over Blue Jays, I think their bullpen is much better

Mets over Giants, everyone is picking the Giants, I hope I'm not jynxing my Mets, but I just have a feeling about this one

Nlcs- Cubs over Mets, would love to see the Mets find a way, but we are too banged up

Dodgers- over Nats, Kershaw, and the Nats are too banged up

Alds- Red Sox over Indians, I would take the Indians if they weren't down two starting pitchers

Rangers over Orioles, don't have a great feel on the Rangers, but the find a way.

Nlcs- Dodgers over Cubs, I think Kershaw exercises his postseason demons and pitches the Dodgers through

Alcs- Red Sox over Rangers, don't love the Red Sox pitching but I think they find a way.

World Series- In an epic world series, Kershaw dominates and the Dodgers beat the Red Sox

mets
cubs
dodgers
cubs

jays
sux
rangers
sux

cubs over sux in the Theo Epstein Inaugural, 'My Hall of Fame Ticket is Punched and You're Going To Induct Me Before Thanksgiving Because I Said So' Series

Cubs better win games 1 and 2 in their series. As I wouldn't want to face Madison Bumgarner in a 1-1 series in SF.
If the Giants bullpen doesn't melt down I give them a chance to beat Chicago.

That was a bad matchup for the Cubbies as the Giants probably have the 2nd best rotation of the playoff teams behind Chicago.

Bautista bomb today is going to beat Texas. Hammels is a bad matchup for this Toronto lineup.
If Bauer can hold the Sox under 4 runs then I give Cleveland a chance. If the game is tied going into the 7th then Cleveland will be favored. I expect Betts to take Bauer deep.

hold on Indians!!!! Mets are dead, now need Boston and Toronto to bow out. Sox fans should be nervous if they've down 0-1 and never won a post season start David Price is your Game 2 starter. What's weird is that he came out of the pen as a rookie and shut the Red Sox down in game 7 to clinch the 2008 AL pennant.

hold on Indians!!!! Mets are dead, now need Boston and Toronto to bow out. Sox fans should be nervous if they've down 0-1 and never won a post season start David Price is your Game 2 starter. What's weird is that he came out of the pen as a rookie and shut the Red Sox down in game 7 to clinch the 2008 AL pennant.

I love it, Yankee fans can only root against their enemies in the playoffs, things are right in the baseball universe.

Even if the Sox lose today they will face Josh Tomlin and Trevor Bauer on 3 days rest in Fenway Park. I thin they could come back d from 0-2.
Last night was the a good win for Cleveland but they used Miller for 39 pitches and Allen for 38 pitches. I doubt they can give Cleveland another 4 innings less than 16 hours later. Whoever is ahead after 5 innings will win these games.

I love it, Yankee fans can only root against their enemies in the playoffs, things are right in the baseball universe.
So you think all Yankee fans are of one mind about how they view other teams? And you think only Yankee fans root against teams they dislike?

So you think all Yankee fans are of one mind about how they view other teams? And you think only Yankee fans root against teams they dislike?

No not at all, I rooted against the Yankees in the playoffs for years, I'm just glad to see the shoe is on the other foot, and the Yankees are in the same position that fans who disliked the Yankees were in for years.

Boston has to be fed up with Price right now, how many more years does he have left on his contract?

Price spitting the bit in a big spot again, what a shock.
Yep, yet another leaky post-season performance. This ought make him what, 1-10 with 4 different teams?

Last edited:
Boston has to be fed up with Price right now, how many more years does he have left on his contract?
Six more years, unless Price opts out after 2018, which is unlikely at $30 mil+ through 2022. He's a horse who will give you 220+ innings and still has some big years in him, but the end of that contract will look like Sabathia's.

I cannot stand Chase Utley...

Mets fan I'm guessing?

He really came through with the big hit that the Dodgers never get, and then made a great play to end the game. Came up big when it mattered, after a subpar series to that point.

Mets fan I'm guessing?

He really came through with the big hit that the Dodgers never get, and then made a great play to end the game. Came up big when it mattered, after a subpar series to that point.

Grew up a Mets fan, live outside of DC and the family is basically all for the Nats.

Syracuse football fans in the Dino Babers era apparently?

Football is different though, and especially when your team is playing. Though I agree some college games go on way too long also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom