Mobile Tickets | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Mobile Tickets

Maybe that is why I like it there so much, oh yes and the green grass. They will NEVER use mobile tickets there as they simply do not allow cell phones on the course, never have never will.You take a step back in time when you are there.
I'm sure those tickets are hard to counterfeit too.

When I try to download my tickets to my apple wallet, I get the message: “Safari can’t download this type of file”. I don’t see any settings that would seem pertinent and it’s not much of an issue, but it would be nice if it worked. Anyone have thoughts on the cause? I’ve rebooted multiple times and have tried many times on different days but always get the same message. My OS is up to date...

When I try to download my tickets to my apple wallet, I get the message: “Safari can’t download this type of file”. I don’t see any settings that would seem pertinent and it’s not much of an issue, but it would be nice if it worked. Anyone have thoughts on the cause? I’ve rebooted multiple times and have tried many times on different days but always get the same message. My OS is up to date...
Don't use Safari...someone else had an issue and it was Safari

just do a screen shot

For next level stuff - I have to attend a concert (its a dad - daughter thing) and Cap One Center or whatever it's called. We all need to upload into Clear. Nothing else will do. The guy who is running our group is saying the kids need to be in Clear, kids apparently cannot upload anything in there if they are under 18. Good times...

Sounds like a hassle. Here's an alternative - last week I used an amazing new entry-pass technology called "paper tickets". The DBO happily printed them and mailed them to me. I got right into the game. No browser problems. No log-in issues. No need to lug around a device and stare into it all the time. And no one from the digital underworld surveilled me, logged my seat location or harvested my data while was at the game. The paper was also covid-safe, because there was no need to touch me or the ticket. The ticket-taker held something called a "scanner" that worked instantaneously. And Ihave the ticket as a momento.

Regrettably, there are a lot of luddites out there that are having trouble embracing this technology. Times are changing, and they need to get on board. It's a new age.

:cool:

Last edited:
For next level stuff - I have to attend a concert (its a dad - daughter thing) and Cap One Center or whatever it's called. We all need to upload into Clear. Nothing else will do. The guy who is running our group is saying the kids need to be in Clear, kids apparently cannot upload anything in there if they are under 18. Good times...

This is where it's going. People give in a little and accept the loss of the universally-accessible ticket, before long the service providers are throwing up other hurdles that make it more difficult for more classes of people to conveniently attend.

This is where it's going. People give in a little and accept the loss of the universally-accessible ticket, before long the service providers are throwing up other hurdles that make it more difficult for more classes of people to conveniently attend.

On this in particular it's a COVID play but I don't want to start that up again...

Sounds like a hassle. Here's an alternative - last week I used an amazing new entry-pass technology called "paper tickets". The DBO happily printed them and mailed them to me. I got right into the game. No browser problems. No log-in issues. No need to lug around a device and stare into it all the time. And no one from the digital underworld surveilled me, logged my seat location or harvested my data while was at the game. The paper was also covid-safe, because there was no need to touch me or the ticket. The ticket-taker held something called a "scanner" that worked instantaneously. And Ihave the ticket as a momento.

Regrettably, there are a lot of luddites out there that are having trouble embracing this technology. Times are changing, and they need to get on board. It's a new age.

:cool:
no need to stare at all the time had to have your phone out for maybe 30 seconds to get thru the gate

Iphone users: Link to add to Apple Wallet does not work from Cuse App on an Iphone. :-( I had to download Google Chrome app and then go to cuse.com to add tickets to apple wallet.

So much for my first attempt at using Mobile tickets for event on 10/22, spent TOO much time trying to figure out how to get apple wallet to accept these, and I am tech savvy. Feel the pain for so many of switching to this format. Love my book of tickets I use to get at beginning of season. Especially since we have 4 and are always giving tickets away, i have to make sure person receiving can access tickets I transfer to them, help people log on etc etc. I do IT support all day, I don't want my fun time being the help desk. Hope this gets easier, so much easier to have someone stop at my house and grab the tickets if they wanted them. LOL

I got everything in my google wallet, but lest we forget that still requires a login to make the app turn on and without internet it can be an issue.. the last game I spent like 10 min moving around the dome trying to get the app connected because I waited until i was in the quad to fire it up

Well here is the reason that so many stadiums and venues are moving tot mobile tickets. Be aware once a fan sells a total of 600 per calendar year they will receive a 1099 and boy does this open up a cluster f... First of all who feel comfortable in giving TM your social security number. Then say if over a course of a season you sell off some tickets you will be hit with a 1099 form. No matter if you sold the extra tickets for pennies on the dollar. This will have an impact on those people who buy season ticket or small group tickets.

stubhub should have been doing this as well. how long before all sorts of sites do it.. not sure why gambling gets the doover type rules. Everything else is income..

you could in theory create multiple TM accounts transfer tickets to them and then sell them off that..

From TM’s site:

The IRS and some state taxing authorities may require Ticketmaster to report the amounts you receive for selling or reselling tickets on our Ticketmaster marketplaces. Ticketmaster is generally required to file a Form 1099-K report with the IRS if the gross amount of your transactions on our marketplaces is $600 or more in a calendar year. Ticketmaster will generally provide you a copy of the Form 1099-K by January 31 of the following year. Many states may also require Ticketmaster to report when you have made at least $600 in transactions on our marketplaces, although some states may require reporting based on different thresholds. When required, Ticketmaster will generally provide you a copy of any state forms.

Well here is the reason that so many stadiums and venues are moving tot mobile tickets. Be aware once a fan sells a total of 600 per calendar year they will receive a 1099 and boy does this open up a cluster f... First of all who feel comfortable in giving TM your social security number. Then say if over a course of a season you sell off some tickets you will be hit with a 1099 form. No matter if you sold the extra tickets for pennies on the dollar. This will have an impact on those people who buy season ticket or small group tickets.

Big deal. It’s not like people are getting rich selling their tix. And it’s far from the reason venues are going mobile.

stubhub should have been doing this as well. how long before all sorts of sites do it.. not sure why gambling gets the doover type rules. Everything else is income..

you could in theory create multiple TM accounts transfer tickets to them and then sell them off that..
Yes Venmo and PayPal are going to do the same thing so one has to wonder if it is probable that say if someone sold 8 extra BB tickets over the course of a year and you reach the 600 dollar threshold and the buyers pay using PayPal on will get a 1099 from TM and PayPal for the same transactions.. what a mess this might turn in to. Fans better keep detailed records on the amount they paid for tickets to be able to write it off against the amount reported. With dynamic pricing how are fans going to price their purchase price. I can see if people are making money off selling off tickets having to claim that as income as it has always been , my problem is with the low 600 trigger point. Someone can sell 2 BB tickets for the duke game and hit the 600 mark easily.

but in theory you should have always been reporting that income, but who does.. like when people have garage sales. Why would you be able to write off the tickets anyway this isnt gambling. One reason scalping was such an easy mark. no taxes, just like with bookies

Well this might put me out of business...gotta learn more. I basically sell my tickets at cost.

Well this might put me out of business...gotta learn more. I basically sell my tickets at cost.
The Ticketmaster web site says you need to have made $600 or more from your ticket sale transactions. Not total sales but net profits. If you are selling the tickets at cost, you have nothing to worry about. I would be surprised if 1% of true season ticket holders make over $600 in profits selling their tickets.

Now the professional scalpers that buy tickets specifically to resell for enormous profits….they are going to have to pay taxes on their earnings. Which IMHO is fair and the right thing to do. I hope this helps slow down the pros from scalping and ripping off so many fans. I hope the scalpers that sell concert tickets at 200% markups in particular get boned here. They deserve it.

The Ticketmaster web site says you need to have made $600 or more from your ticket sale transactions. Not total sales but net profits. If you are selling the tickets at cost, you have nothing to worry about. I would be surprised if 1% of true season ticket holders make over $600 in profits selling their tickets.

Now the professional scalpers that buy tickets specifically to resell for enormous profits….they are going to have to pay taxes on their earnings. Which IMHO is fair and the right thing to do. I hope this helps slow down the pros from scalping and ripping off so many fans. I hope the scalpers that sell concert tickets at 200% markups in particular get boned here. They deserve it.
intersting .. so you could in theory have 2 people gift tickets to each other and they both sell them for whatever they want and pay no taxes? that doesnt seem right?

much like i can buy a car for 10k then sell the car for 10K you still have to pay taxes on it of 10K?

intersting .. so you could in theory have 2 people gift tickets to each other and they both sell them for whatever they want and pay no taxes? that doesnt seem right?

much like i can buy a car for 10k then sell the car for 10K you still have to pay taxes on it of 10K?

When I worked at Social Security, one of the programs we administered was the Supplemental Security Income, (SSI) program, an attempt to guarantee a minimum income for the aged and disabled. they required yearly redeterminations of income and financial resources and one of the rules was that if a person bought or sold a car, we had to had to look up the value of the car, based on make, model and year, in a red book we had, (called the "red book"), which listed their value with normal depreciation. If someone bought a car for less than the listed value, the difference was counted to him as a 'financial resource', as per the red book.

So one SSI recipient bought a car for $500 less than the red book said it was worth and duly reported the sale. He didn't get his next check and came in to find out why. He was told it was because of the $500 he had come into. he explained that he was only charged with receiving $500 because the red book said that this heap he'd bought was worth than much more than he'd paid for it. He was told rules were rules and we couldn't pay him because of the $500.

Reluctantly, he sold the car back to his friend for the actual purchase price. His friend, as it turns out, was also on SSI - and due for a redetermination. He reported the resale and, per the red book, $500 was put on his record as a financial resource and his check was cut off.

Meanwhile the first guy came back in to get his check reinstated and he was told that we couldn't do that until he proved that he had spent the $500.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom