Mobile Tickets | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Mobile Tickets

Again, I find it hard to take these articles at face value. Since the practice is illegal in Philadelphia, it doesn't seem likely that the Eagles will be doing it.

Weird. He can get in with that QR code. Seems like there are two issues. One with his phone unable to download to Apple wallet. The second with the Ticketmaster/Cuse platform not recognizing that the transfer is complete. Might be worth a call to the Dome to troubleshoot the latter. Not sure they can help with the former. Again, that sounds like the issue SWC75 had and can’t recall how he resolved.
SWC had to update his Operating system on his phone. Then it worked. I know many ‘tech savvy’ folks who don’t like to upgrade because they game the system in other ways. This is a draw back if he is indeed, ‘one of those types’.

Update the OS and make sure to try the website instead of the app. Those two things solve most problems.

Everything went very smoothly for me. Let the lot about 1:30 and was in my seats by 1:45! The validation tents really enhanced efficiency, except when they realized they were using the exact same wristbands as the Fine Mess tailgate!

Everything went very smoothly for me. Let the lot about 1:30 and was in my seats by 1:45! The validation tents really enhanced efficiency, except when they realized they were using the exact same wristbands as the Fine Mess tailgate!
I laughed when I saw the wristbands - dollar General must have killed it on orange wristbands this week. My line was super quick too hitting tent at 1:45. That said at the smaller season ticket lots they should just do the medical check when you show your pass.

I’ve been using mobile ticketing for several years and I prefer it to paper tickets. I do recognize that for some this is an inconvenience for someone spending their hard earned money on a discretionary purchase. That being said, I get an email from the ticket office today offering to sell Rutgers commutative tickets for $10 a pop plus shipping. Seriously? You cheap SOB’s at SU should have let people that wanted paper tickets order them up front. Now your offering to sell me a “Commemorative Ticket” after the fact. Why in the heck would I want a commemorative ticket from that POS game? To me this is like SU giving fans the middle finger.

Another example of chaos from mobile ticketing

Glad things went smoothly for the most part last week here but maybe that had something to do when a small crowd of 20k attends a event instead of 100k.

I’ve been using mobile ticketing for several years and I prefer it to paper tickets. I do recognize that for some this is an inconvenience for someone spending their hard earned money on a discretionary purchase. That being said, I get an email from the ticket office today offering to sell Rutgers commutative tickets for $10 a pop plus shipping. Seriously? You cheap SOB’s at SU should have let people that wanted paper tickets order them up front. Now your offering to sell me a “Commemorative Ticket” after the fact. Why in the heck would I want a commemorative ticket from that POS game? To me this is like SU giving fans the middle finger.
Not a functional ticket and a direct response to fans who complained that they have been collecting ticket stubs for years. Responsiveness in giving them the option to continue that tradition. Season sheet is $25. I agree the price is a bit high but I don’t know what the supplier is charging SU.
Now keep in mind that SU considered raising season ticket prices this year since we are going to 7 home games instead of six. For a $125 season ticket that’s less than $20 per game. If SU is “cheap SOB’s” it would have been far easier to bump season tickets proportionally for ALL fans rather than charging a handful of folks who asked for and received consideration.

Last edited:

Glad things went smoothly for the most part last week here but maybe that had something to do when a small crowd of 20k attends a event instead of 100k.
I’ll read this when we start attracting 100k to our games then it might be relevant.
And we had 31k for Rutgers, not 20k. If you want to quibble with announced number, go ahead, but with a terrific student turnout my number is much closer than yours.

You are now beating the ghost of the dead horse.

Let it goooo….

It all went very smoothly for me. I brought one daughter in with her ticket on my phone and transferred via the ticketmaster site another ticket to my other daughter who went. The only delay was getting through the metal detectors. It was just like TSA at the airport- a lot of people apparently unfamiliar with how metal detectors work and unable to follow voice instructions. Even so, that was only about 5 minutes in line. One pack mule at the front of my line had to be told 5 times that keys and cellphones go in the bin and everything else goes on the table. 5 times, I kid not!

Lol mobile tickets is far better than paper tickets. It's not "flawed at best".

Blame the user not the system. I've never had a single problem when I put my tickets in my apple wallet before I leave my apartment.
If it worked universally, I’d agree. However, I’ve been unable to download load them to my apple wallet. I use an iPhone 6+ and I’m not upgrading just to be able to play with mobile ticketing. My workaround has been to get a screenshot. It worked for Rutgers. One thing I’ll say is if you try and force inconsistent technology on a group of people, the result won’t be acceptance, compliance, or renewed season tickets. No rant here. Just a statement of fact.

If your system of ticketing doesn’t work for all, it’s no system at all. I’ll also be transferring tickets to people I’ll be sitting with, but that’s not really a good solution, either. You can say you’ve never had an issue, but you don’t represent everyone.

How should those who don’t have cellphones at all deal with mobile ticketing? They may be a small minority but do you really want to eliminate any fan that would like to attend? I’m fine with mobile ticketing but it is flawed though you’d like to blame the user. Don’t implement technology that only works with the latest and greatest...

If it worked universally, I’d agree. However, I’ve been unable to download load them to my apple wallet. I use an iPhone 6+ and I’m not upgrading just to be able to play with mobile ticketing. My workaround has been to get a screenshot. It worked for Rutgers. One thing I’ll say is if you try and force inconsistent technology on a group of people, the result won’t be acceptance, compliance, or renewed season tickets. No rant here. Just a statement of fact.

If your system of ticketing doesn’t work for all, it’s no system at all. I’ll also be transferring tickets to people I’ll be sitting with, but that’s not really a good solution, either. You can say you’ve never had an issue, but you don’t represent everyone.

How should those who don’t have cellphones at all deal with mobile ticketing? They may be a small minority but do you really want to eliminate any fan that would like to attend? I’m fine with mobile ticketing but it is flawed though you’d like to blame the user. Don’t implement technology that only works with the latest and greatest...

The no cellphone (and cash only crowd) isn't going to hold this stuff back. Teams across all sports really engage their fans online and the ticket is just part of the package.

It all went very smoothly for me. I brought one daughter in with her ticket on my phone and transferred via the ticketmaster site another ticket to my other daughter who went. The only delay was getting through the metal detectors. It was just like TSA at the airport- a lot of people apparently unfamiliar with how metal detectors work and unable to follow voice instructions. Even so, that was only about 5 minutes in line. One pack mule at the front of my line had to be told 5 times that keys and cellphones go in the bin and everything else goes on the table. 5 times, I kid not!
If you just empty your pockets, and put the stuff in the bins you go through, how hard is that?

The no cellphone (and cash only crowd) isn't going to hold this stuff back.
I recently had a chance to take in my first Cubs game at Wrigley. And by the way I was blown away by the stadium and surrounding area and would even go so far at putting it on par with Augusta National.. The Masters .. as a iconic sports venue. As I was walking around the block to take it all in I went up to an open ticket window to ask if they even sold hard style tickets anymore and was blown away what the guy selling there had to say. He said quote .. the cubs are 100 percent mobile and those fans without a cell phone are out of luck guess that takes away many in the minority community that tends to deal in cash only for whatever the reason. Maybe that is why so many young professionals can be seen at Wrigley and worth noting there did not seem to be a cross section of the community there. Maybe the other fans are accepted at the White Sox stadium that happens to be in the south side of Chicago not exactly the safest area of town. Lets hope that technology is not being used to profile sports fans in any way.

I recently had a chance to take in my first Cubs game at Wrigley. And by the way I was blown away by the stadium and surrounding area and would even go so far at putting it on par with Augusta National.. The Masters .. as a iconic sports venue. As I was walking around the block to take it all in I went up to an open ticket window to ask if they even sold hard style tickets anymore and was blown away what the guy selling there had to say. He said quote .. the cubs are 100 percent mobile and those fans without a cell phone are out of luck guess that takes away many in the minority community that tends to deal in cash only for whatever the reason. Maybe that is why so many young professionals can be seen at Wrigley and worth noting there did not seem to be a cross section of the community there. Maybe the other fans are accepted at the White Sox stadium that happens to be in the south side of Chicago not exactly the safest area of town. Lets hope that technology is not being used to profile sports fans in any way.

Wrigley and August have a similar demographic and premium. Nice places both.

But Augusta does not have mobile tickets! :)

If you're going to quote someone, use quotes so we can distinguish your thought from theirs. Did the ticket agent say "guess that takes away many in the minority community " or was that your own opinion?

Fwiw, I recently attended a game at Fenway, which I believe is mobile ticketing only (someone can correct me). There were multiple ESL minorities in attendance. Let's not make this issue something it isn't.

if your bringing in a clear bag its super easy everything in the bag then walk thru and pick up your items on the other side. how hard can it be?

Actually, if you can't do the mobile thing..SU would print paper card stock tickets before the game. These for sale after the game are for the ticket stub collectors. SU has contracted that out to a 3rd party.

Why are you assuming minorities don't have cell phones?

Why are you assuming minorities don't have cell phones?
Not assuming that at all however a buddy of mine who yes is a minority has said that many people in his community do not use any type pf a credit or debit card for whatever the reason instead they still prefer cash. It is not a minority thing as much as it is a age thing not being comfortable using a cell phone .

But Augusta does not have mobile tickets! :)
Maybe that is why I like it there so much, oh yes and the green grass. They will NEVER use mobile tickets there as they simply do not allow cell phones on the course, never have never will.You take a step back in time when you are there.

Not assuming that at all however a buddy of mine who yes is a minority has said that many people in his community do not use any type pf a credit or debit card for whatever the reason instead they still prefer cash. It is not a minority thing as much as it is a age thing not being comfortable using a cell phone .
well I have a feeling SU will be weaning folks of paper tickets within a year. I'm sure the very well healed alumni will still get paper tickets but the rest won't.

Maybe that is why I like it there so much, oh yes and the green grass. They will NEVER use mobile tickets there as they simply do not allow cell phones on the course, never have never will.You take a step back in time when you are there.

This is true, it's really nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom