Mobile Tickets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mobile Tickets

all problems they could have avoided if they phased this in.. its not saving them money or solving a real problem but sure is creating headaches for users and the school.

yet they cant figure out how to do mobile parking..

I always go through the chrome browser and not the apps. I've found even ticketmaster's app isn't great for that sort of thing.

That worked (I see BVille recommended as well). Thanks both for the tip.

Still had to go through my two separate logins, one for mycuse, one for mycuse ticketmaster :)

how is the bar code changing on a ticket in a mobile wallet that connected to a device with no internet?

it works when connected to an App thats logged in like that.

Honestly not sure how the technology works but that’s what it does with the QR code it generates and why screenshots don’t work

Most Ticketmaster ones have now changed with Apple wallet that you don’t even go by the barcode it just reads when the ticket is close to the reader, once again, I don’t know how the technology works but it does.

all problems they could have avoided if they phased this in.. its not saving them money or solving a real problem but sure is creating headaches for users and the school.

yet they cant figure out how to do mobile parking..
They did phase it in. They've had mobile tickets since pre-pandemic.

It's creating headaches for the 1% of fans that don't know how technology works, and the good thing is that by game 2 or 3 those people will have figured it out.

I still don't understand who would rather print out a piece of paper, fold it up and hope they don't forget it at home, then have to carry it around the dome all match. I don't even own a printer.

They did phase it in. They've had mobile tickets since pre-pandemic.

It's creating headaches for the 1% of fans that don't know how technology works, and the good thing is that by game 2 or 3 those people will have figured it out.

I still don't understand who would rather print out a piece of paper, fold it up and hope they don't forget it at home, then have to carry it around the dome all match. I don't even own a printer.

yup they had mobile and it was so well used 20% of the tickets used it.. that shows how great demand for that convenience was.

wait so the dozens of people that are on this board reporting issues are the 1% who dont know how tech works? everyone else are the smart ones?

i dont print tickets.. i took the ones they sent me and i stuck it in my pocket with my money and went to games for 30 yrs with no issues..

the issues will be people over 30 who dont use apple wallet, dont take phones to the dome, have bad internet phones etc..

even more fun when your ticketmaster acct gets locked out and thats the only way to get to these tickets now.. and thats happened to many people more than just me.. there is no ticket master support to call if you have ticket issues and SU has no contact either..

i know how tech works, i had to explain to ticketmaster why my account wasnt working and how to fix it. its not that the tech cant work its that it still a work in progress. if i had waited until this month to get my tickets into my phone i would not have got a resolution until Oct.. took 2 months to get the acct straightened out and SU was useless in this and I talked with every one in the box office up to the head people..

Lol mobile tickets is far better than paper tickets. It's not "flawed at best".

Blame the user not the system. I've never had a single problem when I put my tickets in my apple wallet before I leave my apartment.
That is exactly the problem. They have designed a system that requires the customer to use away from the venue. If you can get an internet connection everything goes well. However in the real world people bring up their tickets when walking into a game or show or perhaps to share with friends or family once they meet at the venue. People need a sure fire way to bring up or transfer tickets or at least have access outside the gate.

I was curious what other universities are doing so I started doing some research. I was going to do all Power 5 schools, but then I got bored. So I ended up doing the Big 10 and ACC. Here is the data for those who might be interested.

Mobile Ticketing Only
Boston Collegeyes
Clemsonyes
FSUyes in 2020 - no update in 2021 I guess FSU isn't selling tickets this year that I could find. Very lame FSU
Louisvilleyes
North Carolina Stateyes
Notre Dameyes
Syracuseyes
Wake Forestmobile and print at home
Dukelame website - could not find information- do better Duke!
Ga Techyes
Miamiyes
North Carolinayes
Pittsburghyes
Virginiayes
Virginia Techyes
Illinoisyes
Indianayes
Iowayes
Marylandyes
Michiganyes
Michigan Stateyes
Minnesotayes
Nebraskayes
Northwesternappears they have mobile, paper and print at home options
Ohio Stateyes
Penn Stateyes
Purdueyes
Rutgersyes
Wisconsinmobile and print at home

and there you see the issues., Athletic depts are about the dumbest performing units on any college campus. Though that still puts them ahead of most of the HR depts.

Just uploaded all my tix to my Google Pay acct. I noticed only the Sept games had a barcode/QR scan. Is this normal? I assume the other tix are just released/loaded later?

Just uploaded all my tix to my Google Pay acct. I noticed only the Sept games had a barcode/QR scan. Is this normal? I assume the other tix are just released/loaded later?
I uploaded mine about a week ago, and originally only the September showed up. Went back in a while later and the others showed up.

wait so the dozens of people that are on this board reporting issues are the 1% who dont know how tech works? everyone else are the smart ones?
Is it really dozens? It seems like it's a small handful posting multiple times.
There are always going to be hiccups when transitioning to a new system regardless of how it's phased in.
Some posters are talking about all of these problems entering the Dome. The fact is, no one has been denied entry to game 1 yet. I'm willing to let things play out before ripping into the ticket office.

yup they had mobile and it was so well used 20% of the tickets used it.. that shows how great demand for that convenience was.

i dont print tickets.. i took the ones they sent me and i stuck it in my pocket with my money and went to games for 30 yrs with no issues..

the issues will be people over 30 who dont use apple wallet, dont take phones to the dome, have bad internet phones etc..

even more fun when your ticketmaster acct gets locked out and thats the only way to get to these tickets now.. and thats happened to many people more than just me.. there is no ticket master support to call if you have ticket issues and SU has no contact either..

i know how tech works, i had to explain to ticketmaster why my account wasnt working and how to fix it. its not that the tech cant work its that it still a work in progress. if i had waited until this month to get my tickets into my phone i would not have got a resolution until Oct.. took 2 months to get the acct straightened out and SU was useless in this and I talked with every one in the box office up to the head people..
Yes, if there are 30,000 tickets out for a game and (let's just give you) three dozen problems that's actually under 1%.

Every venue in NYC is mobile only now. Once people adapt they realize how good and easy the technology is and then it's done.

I work with people who struggle to get their tickets every single day, the main problem people have is following directions. 99 times out of 100 it's user error.

Once they are in the Apple wallet, how do you transfer them to someone? I can’t seem to find any way to do it

Once they are in the Apple wallet, how do you transfer them to someone? I can’t seem to find any way to do it

Check and see if the tickets are still in your MyCuse account.

I "purchased" a free ticket to fanfest, and transferred it to my Apple Wallet, yet the ticket still appears in my account where I can transfer it if necessary.

I'm guessing that if I transfer it, the barcode on the ticket in the wallet becomes void?

We're all gonna be a lot smarter in a few weeks.

I "purchased" a free ticket to fanfest, and transferred it to my Apple Wallet, yet the ticket still appears in my account where I can transfer it if necessary.

I'm guessing that if I transfer it, the barcode on the ticket in the wallet becomes void?

So you have to transfer it from the account and not the wallet? So if I try to sell or give one away on game day at the tailgate, I have to log into my account and transfer it from there, and not the wallet? Ridiculous

Can I redeem both my wife’s ticket and my own to get in or do I have to forward the ticket to my wife?
If she enters with you it is okay

If she stays behind for another round jello shots...you would need to transfer her ticket to her phone

Last edited:

Pretty sure that is right. If you transfer a ticket to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay and then can't attend the game...you should should be able to reassign it to someone. However, if you transferred the ticket to another person (say your wife) and she can't go. She would have to transfer it to someone else.

Another tip: you will need to disable any VPN service to download the ticket.

Last edited:
Makes it harder and harder to stay mostly off of the grid. Sure hope my phone doesn’t die before I get to the Dome. Or God forbid I should want to be out without my phone.

If she stays behind for another round jello shots...you would need to transfer her ticket to her phone
can you do that from the wallet? I don’t see where you can.

can you do that from the wallet? I don’t see where you can.
Looks like you do it from cuse.com/mycuse although I am not a ticketholder so I don't have firsthand experience.

And this is exactly what pushes mobile ticketing ... not fan convenience or public health, but outsourcing labor to save money at fans' expense. As for the vendor, we can expect it to have plenty of staff skimming personal data, sorting it, monetizing it and distributing it ... but no one to help users. Why bother since this isn't about "fans" anyway.

I'll adapt, not because it's convenient, or safe, or secure, but because it's being shoved down my throat. But it won't make me any 'smarter.' When I walk into the Dome past the "scanner", I'll be just another lazy teenager tethered to his phone, and a disgruntled adult when the inevitable tech issue arises that no one in the digital underworld cares to fix.

Last edited:
how is the bar code changing on a ticket in a mobile wallet that connected to a device with no internet?

it works when connected to an App thats logged in like that.

And this is exactly what pushes mobile ticketing ... outsourcing labor to a third party to reduce costs. The third party has plenty of staff to skim personal data, categorize it, monitize it and distribute it ... but no one to help. Why bother since it's not required.

So I'll adapt, not because it's convenient, or safe, or secure, but because they're shoving it down my throat. But it doesn't make me feel smarter. It makes me feel like a lazy teenager and an angry fan when there's yet another tech issue and no other option.
pretty much the whole issue.. not that it cant work.. but the interface is so bad that even when done right its done poorly. its the not the idea, its the implementation. In the long run it doesnt save any of these schools money it just moves the headache to a different spot.

much like the fact it stops scamming of tickets.. yeah it can be an issue.. but at SU it was an issue for a really really small segment of the market and really only for peak games and only because people were trying to get really cheap tickets in unsafe ways and thats been an issue for 100 years of sports.. if you bought tickets outside the dome and actually looked at the ticket you had very little chance of getting ripped off.. if you bought paper tickets thats on you walk away and look for real ones. pay full price and it was never an issue since we sell out about once a decade for football.. for bball dont buy them last minute hoping for a deal from some shady guy on a street corner..

still this is for the user experience, the school should be shooting for the best user experience.. if the market shows that mobile is the way we want to go you would be seeing that it how the tickets were turned in.. if the 20% turns into 80% because that is the market then try to push the rest that way. but until then do what the market wants.

we went thru 18 months where the way to get food was to get take out.. could have pushed that and removed the brick and mortar and saved a ton of money and staff.. turns out as things got better people really wanted to eat out..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom