Mobile Tickets | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Mobile Tickets

We're on the same page when it comes to living off the grid, don't get me wrong. I have minimal apps on my phone and the privacy settings are set as high as they can be.

I just don't see mobile ticketing as a huge issue in 2021. Most people carry their phone with them everywhere. I use my phone to pay at most places I go now, and rarely carry cash.

Adjusting to new technology is always a pain, and I'll probably be like yourself 20/30 years down the road, shaking my fist at those damn kids.
no doubt.. my kids are much the same phones are their life.. i have been on 24x7 call for 35 yrs i hate being tied to a phone. at least the pager is gone now.

This thread went right where I figured it would go. Ok, yes I’m an idiot when it comes to these things. and I hate it

This thread went right where I figured it would go. Ok, yes I’m an idiot when it comes to these things. and I hate it
You are far from an idiot. Trust me, I've been on these boards long enough to know one when I see one and you aren't one. To my understanding, you have downoaded your tickets to the phone but just can't transfer them from Apple wallet? Unfortunately I am not a ticket holder as I live 1100 miles away. I wish I was so I could experiment with this but that would be an expensive investment for not going to the games. I've done some looking on the internet, I will let you know if I find anytihng useful.

so whats the plan now as people walk to the dome with 3 extra tickets you gonna try to find the scalper dude to dump them off for $5 using mobile app? the one clear advantage to tickets was the last minute change. and now forcing people to have a phone just to walk into an event

the most exposed device any of us have is our phones, its the easiest to hack , has access to most of our personal data and the one most often you store all your passwords.

Scalpers (can we still say this word?) evolve too. I assume they’ll just sell smartphones preloaded with the ticket in the wallet.

Scalpers (can we still say this word?) evolve too. I assume they’ll just sell smartphones preloaded with the ticket in the wallet.

Most of the scalpers I know already sell burner phones as their side hustle.

I'm thinking of setting up a poll...
I know which way I’m voting….

cant believe there is this much hand wringing over mobile tickets, my lord.

the New York Football Giants went ALL mobile for the 1st time ever tbis year too.

Just shoved it right down everyone’s throats.

I’m still expecting 82,500 at game 1….or what Syracuse will get for its 1st 4 games combined, maybe 5.

this is a good way to get rid of the dead wood at stadiums.

That said, I will miss the actual ticket, I have many framed, underneath pictures taken at the actual events.

Someone find a way for me to overcome that, other than a way for all the unibombers here to remain off the grid…except when they want to walk into a major stadium with 10s of thousands of people in it.

good lord, I may never go to a Cuse game again.

If i purchase two tickets can me and my guest use my phone for both tickets or does everyone need to have a phone

You are far from an idiot. Trust me, I've been on these boards long enough to know one when I see one and you aren't one. To my understanding, you have downoaded your tickets to the phone but just can't transfer them from Apple wallet? Unfortunately I am not a ticket holder as I live 1100 miles away. I wish I was so I could experiment with this but that would be an expensive investment for not going to the games. I've done some looking on the internet, I will let you know if I find anytihng useful.
Read the instruction sheet available on site. Gives you most answers.

I know which way I’m voting….

cant believe there is this much hand wringing over mobile tickets, my lord.

the New York Football Giants went ALL mobile for the 1st time ever tbis year too.

Just shoved it right down everyone’s throats.

I’m still expecting 82,500 at game 1….or what Syracuse will get for its 1st 4 games combined, maybe 5.

this is a good way to get rid of the dead wood at stadiums.

That said, I will miss the actual ticket, I have many framed, underneath pictures taken at the actual events.

Someone find a way for me to overcome that, other than a way for all the unibombers here to remain off the grid…except when they want to walk into a major stadium with 10s of thousands of people in it.

good lord, I may never go to a Cuse game again.

supposedly you’re suppose to be able to buy commemorative hard copy tickets.

I just did mobile tix for the first time at the track in toga. It was pretty easy.

I don't necessarily agree it is a convenience though. I'm not sure it is a quality of life upgrade. If you have to send some tix as a gift or to friends you won't see before the game it's nice. Most the time though you are with the people so it is easier just to give them a real ticket.

supposedly you’re suppose to be able to buy commemorative hard copy tickets.
Kinda disheartening to hear.

They save a lot of money by people just accepting their mobile ticket policy. I was really looking forward to getting that booklet of tickets in the mail. It's my first year officially owning season tickets. I would usually just buy from scalpers I knew on the hill.

I emailed Guest Services to see if they were mailing out any kind of package to season ticket holders. I'll update if there is something. On the other hand, if anybody knows anything else about it, I'd love for you to share. Thanks!

Scalpers are generally a creative group as they figured out a way to make $$ off selling tickets to games and shows so I am sure they will figure out this also. While the numbers of them will be smaller this year I assume they will still be there on Marshal st.

I just did mobile tix for the first time at the track in toga. It was pretty easy.

I don't necessarily agree it is a convenience though. I'm not sure it is a quality of life upgrade. If you have to send some tix as a gift or to friends you won't see before the game it's nice. Most the time though you are with the people so it is easier just to give them a real ticket.

Yep, no doubt this is the case. For the 20% of people who've used mobile tickets in the past and for probably a lot of other people, this is an enhancement or at least a wash.

But some minority of people will fall through the cracks because of this, and for what? The hybrid model seemed to work well enough for 100% of the fanbase.

For a place that pushes out a lot of blah blah inclusivity virtue signaling, this policy is anything but.

I've always liked paper tickets so, I would agree, except in those instances where the U.S. postal service fails to deliver said tickets. (It's happened to me 2x). Two years ago, my season tickets never arrived. I called the ticket office multiple times as opening day drew nearer. They reprinted my set and held them at the Ensley Center. I was planning to go to SU the day before the Clemson game anyway to spend time with my daughter and see some old friends so it wasn't a big deal, but it could have been.

Yep, no doubt this is the case. For the 20% of people who've used mobile tickets in the past and for probably a lot of other people, this is an enhancement or at least a wash.

But some minority of people will fall through the cracks because of this, and for what? The hybrid model seemed to work well enough for 100% of the fanbase.

For a place that pushes out a lot of blah blah inclusivity virtue signaling, this policy is anything but.
SU has made it clear (it was written into the emails announcing the move to e-tickets) that you can still get a paper ticket by going to the ticket office. They aren't promoting this because they want people to move to e-tickets, but they aren't being coy either.

Can you buy them post-game? I don't want to shell out $ for a commemorative ticket and then we lose 52-3.

i do not know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom