Mobile Tickets | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mobile Tickets

So stupid.

Generally you can transfer from your wallet

I’m not sure why the Cuse ones you cannot.

Usually there is a button that says transfer at the bottom of your ticket in your wallet

Usually there is a button that says transfer at the bottom of your ticket in your wallet
I’ll check it out, but I tried everything. there are times I’m at the tailgate and suddenly my boys want to go to Marshall st. Ok, here’s your tickets. Now I have to log into my CUSE account and transfer them? its giving this non tech individual heart burn

I’ll check it out, but I tried everything. there are times I’m at the tailgate and suddenly my boys want to go to Marshall st. Ok, here’s your tickets. Now I have to log into my CUSE account and transfer them? its giving this non tech individual heart burn

Yeah, it’s not on the Syracuse tickets for whatever reason…..which is pretty frustrating really

Just looked. Nothing at the bottom of my ticket that says transfer. Also clicked on the 3 little dots at the top of the ticket and there is nothing there either to transfer them.

So some say, just transfer your ticket to them before you go. But, they have backed out on me before last minute and I invited other people. Now my son has to transfer the ticket to them? Lol. Not gonna happen

so whats the plan now as people walk to the dome with 3 extra tickets you gonna try to find the scalper dude to dump them off for $5 using mobile app? the one clear advantage to tickets was the last minute change. and now forcing people to have a phone just to walk into an event

the most exposed device any of us have is our phones, its the easiest to hack , has access to most of our personal data and the one most often you store all your passwords.

realistically, they should say mobile and print from home only.

I understand if they don’t want to take on the cost of printing out ticket books and sending them.

however, there really is no difference if the usher is scanning my phone or a piece of paper I’ve printed out at home.

The big difference here is it cuts out the ease of being able to pawn off your extras for someone to make a buck, which is probably what the real reason is for the move to mobile tickets only

I still don't understand who would rather print out a piece of paper, fold it up and hope they don't forget it at home, then have to carry it around the dome all match. I don't even own a printer.

Yes, carrying a paper ticket was a tremendous burden for the hundreds of sporting events I've attended over four decades.

Your kids have their own phones, right?

What if you gave your kids your MyCuse login info, and they simply logged into your account from their phones to access their tickets?

I don't know how old your kids are, but is that something that could work for you?

Just looked. Nothing at the bottom of my ticket that says transfer. Also clicked on the 3 little dots at the top of the ticket and there is nothing there either to transfer them.

heres what mine looks like using the app.

F70DCA61-986D-4580-86B2-20A831869A50.jpeg

so whats the plan now as people walk to the dome with 3 extra tickets you gonna try to find the scalper dude to dump them off for $5 using mobile app? the one clear advantage to tickets was the last minute change. and now forcing people to have a phone just to walk into an event

the most exposed device any of us have is our phones, its the easiest to hack , has access to most of our personal data and the one most often you store all your passwords.

the scalpers is one main reason they went to mobile tickets

the scalpers is one main reason they went to mobile tickets
I know..

But not because people were getting ripped off because they wanted to have a better cut of the profit on the resale..

now people will need a 2nd email acct just to transfer tickets around and try to hide who they are ...

tip if you are trying to access my cuse via the cuse app if the page just sits and nothing is happening clear your cookies and browsing data from google chrome on your phone

Last edited:
So I have to get the app too. My issue is, why can’t I transfer tickets from the wallet?
guessing thats a security thing if its in your wallet its yours to use (like a credit card or cash in a real wallet)

we went thru 18 months where the way to get food was to get take out.. could have pushed that and removed the brick and mortar and saved a ton of money and staff.. turns out as things got better people really wanted to eat out..
I don't know what this example has to do with going to mobile ticketing. Watching on TV vs going to a game in person, yes. Paper vs electronic tickets? No.
Btw, I logged in and transferred my tix to my Google pay app this am. It took all of a minute and it was super easy. There was a button on the ticket, "save to Google Pay". I clicked that for each ticket. I opened the app, and voila, there were my tickets. (I'm 52 and only moderately tech savvy.)
Mobile ticketing isn't new. Airlines have been doing it for years. MLB does it. Amtrak, Metro North and MTA do it. Movie theaters... it's ubiquitous.
I'm not dismissing that there are people who have difficulty with this transition. Maybe it's possible you are taking a difficult experience for a few people and projecting that onto a larger group?

I don't know what this example has to do with going to mobile ticketing. Watching on TV vs going to a game in person, yes. Paper vs electronic tickets? No.
Btw, I logged in and transferred my tix to my Google pay app this am. It took all of a minute and it was super easy. There was a button on the ticket, "save to Google Pay". I clicked that for each ticket. I opened the app, and voila, there were my tickets. (I'm 52 and only moderately tech savvy.)
Mobile ticketing isn't new. Airlines have been doing it for years. MLB does it. Amtrak, Metro North and MTA do it. Movie theaters... it's ubiquitous.
I'm not dismissing that there are people who have difficulty with this transition. Maybe it's possible you are taking a difficult experience for a few people and projecting that onto a larger group?
it didnt even work well when scanning before why do you think it will go well now? this is a pretty active board.. people have posted ways to help. the avg fan isnt gonna have that help and how many are gonna do it ahead of time? i couldnt tell you my cuse.com login or my google pay login they are all saved but but on phones most apps log you out after a set number of days for safety.

the more you dont live near a city the less well this will go for people. much like the grab and go will be a change for many and the cashless world. many places around me are cash only thats probably gonna catch a few by surprise.

it didnt even work well when scanning before why do you think it will go well now? this is a pretty active board.. people have posted ways to help. the avg fan isnt gonna have that help and how many are gonna do it ahead of time? i couldnt tell you my cuse.com login or my google pay login they are all saved but but on phones most apps log you out after a set number of days for safety.

the more you dont live near a city the less well this will go for people. much like the grab and go will be a change for many and the cashless world. many places around me are cash only thats probably gonna catch a few by surprise.
I live in rural Vermont and I deal with a lot of contractors. Many of them use electronic payment methods. I pay all my utility bills electronically. I used a state energy rebate program when I had foam insulation installed in a house I'm renovating. The foreman for the foam installers sent me an email receipt and I paid him on the spot because time was short on the rebate program. The state contracted energy auditor came out two days later to inspect and processed my claim electronically right there and I received my rebate within two weeks. All of this happened in a house where you only get a cell signal in one corner of the house. In the old days, this process would have taken a few months.
If we can make this stuff work in Vermont, it can work anywhere.
That's just my take. Yours is a different take.

The average fan already figured it out because they're used to mobile ticketing in most aspects of life.

You're just creating excuses when in reality there's only a few on this board actually complaining. The fact you have logins saved on your phone says that you can do this, you just don't want to.

The biggest issue will be the older people in the fan base. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with the 75 year old person who sits next to me.

He had no clue what an Apple Wallet was and when he called the box office out of concern about not being able to access his mobile tickets they said bring your season tickets receipt to the will call window and a paper ticket will be issued. Who carries their season ticket receipt with them?

Personally I think it is going to be disaster for the home opener between verifying vaccines cards & COVID19 tests along with mobile ticket issues.

SU needs to send out an email explains what needs to be done if you cannot access your mobile tickets upon entry.
I really think there are few people that will have an issue. Its not at all hard for most of us. The fact that we have entered a "touch free" era in history, along with the fact that virtually every event in the world is mobile ticketing now, should mean that people shouldn't be so bent with the university over this.
I'm going to see monster trucks friday night at Fulton Speedway and thats a mobile ticket. in FULTON. FULTON, NY! lol

Instead of venting on a message board about a process that EVERY venue in American has/is/will transition to, just call your rep or the box office. I am willing to bet they will figure out a solution for you. They aren't going to turn away ticket holders. You just need to take initiative and explain to them why mobile ticketing won't work for you.

Where is Dan Bartlett when we need him? Lol.

The average fan already figured it out because they're used to mobile ticketing in most aspects of life.

You're just creating excuses when in reality there's only a few on this board actually complaining. The fact you have logins saved on your phone says that you can do this, you just don't want to.
so do tell. where does the avg fan who lives outside the city use mobile ticketing. this will be the first time for me as a 35 yr ticket holder that I have gone these steps to do this for anything. already been a bigger pain than all the printed tickets were and its costing me more money to do it..

i admit many do use it, but like many other things in life, you get over it you move on and you look back at how much easier and simplier life can be.

but lets ignore the fact that there are people out there who dont need life on their phone. i dont like the fact the phone tracks me, the ads follow me, i have to carry a phone and a CC just to go to the dome and drink a couple bottles of water.

some simple thing like you lose/misplace/break your phone and half your life goes away..

so do tell. where does the avg fan who lives outside the city use mobile ticketing. this will be the first time for me as a 35 yr ticket holder that I have gone these steps to do this for anything. already been a bigger pain than all the printed tickets were and its costing me more money to do it..

i admit many do use it, but like many other things in life, you get over it you move on and you look back at how much easier and simplier life can be.

but lets ignore the fact that there are people out there who dont need life on their phone. i dont like the fact the phone tracks me, the ads follow me, i have to carry a phone and a CC just to go to the dome and drink a couple bottles of water.

some simple thing like you lose/misplace/break your phone and half your life goes away..
We're on the same page when it comes to living off the grid, don't get me wrong. I have minimal apps on my phone and the privacy settings are set as high as they can be.

I just don't see mobile ticketing as a huge issue in 2021. Most people carry their phone with them everywhere. I use my phone to pay at most places I go now, and rarely carry cash.

Adjusting to new technology is always a pain, and I'll probably be like yourself 20/30 years down the road, shaking my fist at those damn kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom