Modify the one and done rule | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Modify the one and done rule

Who the are you to tell them how to plan.
A college degree is no predictor of success.
My dad had a HS degree. He was financially successful by anyone's measure. One of his best friends was an Air Force pilot and a Whorton grad. He could hardly keep his family afloat.

A bachelor's is pretty much a useless degree these days. It's the 70's equivalent of a HS degree. Everybody has one.

I bet guys like Bill Gates and Paul Allen (and countless other non-college degreed millionaires and billionaires) wish they had stayed in school.

You should worry more about you and your family than someone else's.
Yawn

BIll Gates and Paul Allen are outliers, so is your dad, a college degree opens up a lot more doors than not having one.
It may put your foot in the door, but you still have to perform to get the rest of the way in and stay there.

I would bet there are as many "ourtlier" successes as there are those that have advanced education.

Two of my high school friends became millionaires with one barely graduating from high school and the other leaving college after his second year.

It may put your foot in the door, but you still have to perform to get the rest of the way in and stay there.

I would bet there are as many "ourtlier" successes as there are those that have advanced education.

Two of my high school friends became millionaires with one barely graduating from high school and the other leaving college after his second year.

Of course, I knew someone who was an ivy league grad, who was lazy as anything, and drank like a fish, he screwed up many good chances, it happens, but your odds of being more successful with a college degree are much greater.

I don't think anyone one would disagree that there are brilliant people out there that don't need college But getting a free college education and at Cuse right now with housing and expenses is a quarter million education why not? It won't preclude you from succeeding if you didn't need it and you could come out knowing how to spell Wharton

I don't think anyone one would disagree that there are brilliant people out there that don't need college But getting a free college education and at Cuse right now with housing and expenses is a quarter million education why not? It won't preclude you from succeeding if you didn't need it and you could come out knowing how to spell Wharton

Why are you trying to tell people you don't know what's best for then?

According to a study by MIT Sloan straight from HS players clearly outperform others and it's not even close. The same can be said for one and doners.

The fact that one group of people feels the need to save another group from themselves when the numbers show the opposite is sickening.
Just for information, do the studies that show that the kids who leave early, are better and have longer careers than those who stay in school, apply to 2nd round sections and those not drafted?

Why are you trying to tell people you don't know what's best for then?
Yeah my general statement about education is wrong. Who am I to think it can't hurt and may be in their best interest. Sorry you feel that way but lm not telling anyone specifically to do anything

Just for information, do the studies that show that the kids who leave early, are better and have longer careers than those who stay in school, apply to 2nd round sections and those not drafted?

The study applies to those who play in the league regardless of how they entered.

Which is stupid. That said, people want to make it more difficult for them, when the thing they are forcing down their throats, college, isn't what they want.
It's totally anti free market.
many jobs are not a free market.. they wont hire you at my job without a degree no matter how good you are at it coming out of HS.

THEY CAN GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!! With the million dollars they made in the bank!!!

Wthef

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom