mookie gone? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

mookie gone?

The kid gave it his all here. No need to rub it in. He tried he just wasn't a good fit for the system. Never got into any sort of real trouble. Kept his grades up. Overall a good kid. I hope he does well for himself in the future.

I thought he was more of a small forward than a shooting guard. Good luck Mookie.

One more time:

his last facebook post:

"Syracuse aka cuse nation, its been a pleasure"
Mookie was fun to watch play. Best of luck to him wherever he surfaces.

I am betting on Iona. There has always been something Ionic about Mook.

doric_ionic_corinthian.jpg
2009-11-27-dn-subasketjpg-bec216084b74e197_medium.jpg

Good teammate who selflessly cheered for SU through the years. Wishing him the best and he'll always be Orange.

Good teammate who selflessly cheered for SU through the years. Wishing him the best and he'll always be Orange.

I'm loving all these fond memories, albeit somewhat distorted, of Mookie. I truly hope he doesn't impact the APR as some of you are guessing that he won't. Hopefully he will be able to support his family with whatever he does next.

I thought he was more of a small forward than a shooting guard. Good luck Mookie.

One more time:

He did seem more comfortable at the back of the zone than at the top. I was always suprised every year when he returned. Like many here I thought he could have florished under another system. And it didn't have to be a lower level D1 school either. That said, at a MACC school he really would have shined. And at most A10 schools too.

I think everyone has to give Mook this much credit... He is absolutely a guy that we would HATE going up against. He's the kind of player who could put up 30 against the zone. Now Kris Joseph would have likely had 20+ too, but still.

I think everyone has to give Mook this much credit... He is absolutely a guy that we would HATE going up against. He's the kind of player who could put up 30 against the zone. Now Kris Joseph would have likely had 20+ too, but still.

Yeah, but he would have given up 40 on defense if he had to go up against any of our guards or Joseph.

Agree. But I'm disappointed, as he could have performed an important role this year as the team's fourth guard. Even though that would be more insurance policy than us relying upon him to get a ton of PT, I'd much rather have a fifth-year senior who is somewhat of a proven commodity than a walk on in that role.

Too bad.

for future recruits: if your name is "M. Jones" then Syracuse might not be the best choice for you.

I just hope we don't hear anymore from those posters that thought we might want another guard for insurance this season. Remember how fun it was to make fun of those goofs that thought it made sense to have more than three eligible guards?

(Psst. I'm one of those posters.)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom