More Buddy at Forward Please | Syracusefan.com

More Buddy at Forward Please

Defense already stinks. Quickness isn’t as big of an issue there and he’s stronger than people give him credit for.

I think having better play up top might minimize some of our foul issues, as well. I mean, not a wholesale swap for Buddy to forward obviously, but it can work depending upon what team we're playing.

I think having better play up top might minimize some of our foul issues, as well. I mean, not a wholesale swap for Buddy to forward obviously, but it can work depending upon what team we're playing.

4 minutes each half wouldn’t hurt. Gets Goodine on the floor and saves the 3 main big guys for the end.

Game dependent.

Adopt the Villanova 4 guard strategy!! Where’s mike nardi?

If Buddy plays forward who are you benching? I get the premise but without foul trouble it makes no sense. The real issue is Goodine should get 10-12 minutes from JG/Buddy per game.
Nobody. The other guys are struggling finishing games. We need those minutes at the end. Save them for that.

If Buddy plays forward who are you benching? I get the premise but without foul trouble it makes no sense. The real issue is Goodine should get 10-12 minutes from JG/Buddy per game.
No reason Goodine shouldn’t get 8-12 minutes I was screaming to take JG3 out multiple times horrendous D, no dribble jacks no reason he shouldn’t be held accountable and watch out D improve when sitting

Marek can take some breaks, perhaps keep him fresher for the end of game, and out of foul trouble. It's about a few minutes here or there in my mind. Again, match-ups will likely dictate to some extent, but we do need to be better defensively up top.

Buddy had 0 rebounds for the game. I'm a big Buddy fan but he can't play the forward!

He's also not a great defender at the top of the zone, but he's getting minutes so you deal with it either way.

Having him take some minutes down low against certain opponents causes us how much pain? He had some steals, he usually has some fouls to give...

Having a guard that can stop penetration, maybe prevent easy entry passes, alleviates some of that need for wild recoveries on defense down low. Depending on the team, I can see him doing well enough - he's fundamentally sound, will box out, etc...and then get him some rest a few minutes each half as you bring other guards in at times.

Defense already stinks. Quickness isn’t as big of an issue there and he’s stronger than people give him credit for.
You don’t move someone to forward who normally has the same number of rebounds (or maybe 1 more) than a dead man

I'm a bit ambivalent on the issue before I put more thought into it, maybe SWC or some random caller can ask Boeheim on his show. Either way, it might make sense for Buddy to get more practice(which in the presser JB said he had very little of) at that position in case something like this happens again. Buddy's heroics along with those of others during that stretch with the final lineup speak to the heart this team has.

On an unrelated note, they say it's bad luck to speak ill of the dead.

Last edited:
He's also not a great defender at the top of the zone, but he's getting minutes so you deal with it either way.

Having him take some minutes down low against certain opponents causes us how much pain? He had some steals, he usually has some fouls to give...

Having a guard that can stop penetration, maybe prevent easy entry passes, alleviates some of that need for wild recoveries on defense down low. Depending on the team, I can see him doing well enough - he's fundamentally sound, will box out, etc...and then get him some rest a few minutes each half as you bring other guards in at times.
He is the better of the 2 guards at the top of the zone...and it is not close......

Yup. No brainer. If Hughes leaves he has to get the bulk of his minutes there next year.

Goodine probably can’t handle any minutes at the 1 THIS season so well only see it when he and Buddy are on the floor but I would like to give Eli a few minutes on the bench every game and that’s when it should happen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom