More reminiscing...Doug Logan | Syracusefan.com

More reminiscing...Doug Logan

Cusedad2X

Scout Team
Will there ever be a better SU "Voice of the Orange"???

For years, I tried to search for the SU vs. WV game (undefeated season) radio broadcast. All that kept coming up was the ESPN feed. I was looking for Doug's call of the 2 point conversion not the one from the TV analysts...

The pitch is to Owens...YES, YES, YES..... Found via Doug Logan search. Great announcer and representative of the program.

For years, I tried to search for the SU vs. WV game (undefeated season) radio broadcast. All that kept coming up was the ESPN feed. I was looking for Doug's call of the 2 point conversion not the one from the TV analysts...

The pitch is to Owens...YES, YES, YES... Found via Doug Logan search. Great announcer and representative of the program.
You ask, and you shall receive. This is the TV broadcast, with Logan's radio call. Logan sounds a bit insane.

You ask, and you shall receive. This is the TV broadcast, with Logan's radio call. Logan sounds a bit insane.

I always thought it was Ridlon that screamed “yes, yes, yes”. Now I’m not sure.

Why again was he fired? Maybe if that happened today an online petition could’ve saved him.

Great announcer. Very very difficult person to work with.
Aren’t all the great ones difficult in some way? See nick saban.

Great announcer. Very very difficult person to work with.
Sorry to hear that. He was portrayed as a very likeable guy in the Greater Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame and other videos.

I always thought it was Ridlon that screamed “yes, yes, yes”. Now I’m not sure.
I'm not positive either (Ridlon or Logan). If I remember correctly, a brewery used that 2 point conversion call for their 100th Anniversary theme I just loved hearing it......

That was 100% Logan on the "Yes, Yes, Yes!"

When I was 12 years old, we were sitting right next to the right basket tunnel for that Cuse/UConn win in 1994. Logan was in a hurry to get to the broadcast table, but I asked him to autograph my program, and he stopped everything he was doing and asked me my name and wrote “to a future Orangeman!”

I only ended up being an average college intramural player but I still really appreciated it.

I’ve said this before, but it sucks that Mark Johnson’s artificial (relatively speaking) excitement is the voice associated with our 2003 run. Could you even fathom Logan’s reaction on a radio call at the end of that Kansas game?

I’ve said this before, but it sucks that Mark Johnson’s artificial (relatively speaking) excitement is the voice associated with our 2003 run. Could you even fathom Logan’s reaction on a radio call at the end of that Kansas game?
YES! YES! YES!!! lol I would even turn off the TV volume and use the radio feed for the play by play...lol
I also loved listening to the away games when they weren't on Tv w/ Logan on the call.

Aren’t all the great ones difficult in some way? See nick saban.
There are two Doug Logan's. The public persona which includes anything he does within the public sphere (interacting with fans, announcing, hosting charity events) and then there's the real Doug Logan. I worked with him in sports when he still was on channel 9. Let's just say that his behind the scenes persona was about as polar opposite as you could get from his public one. He also asked for things SU couldn't possibly ever deliver in contract negotiations. I was present for the tantrums he threw about said negotiations in the channel 9 sports area.

There are two Doug Logan's. The public persona which includes anything he does within the public sphere (interacting with fans, announcing, hosting charity events) and then there's the real Doug Logan. I worked with him in sports when he still was on channel 9. Let's just say that his behind the scenes persona was about as polar opposite as you could get from his public one. He also asked for things SU couldn't possibly ever deliver in contract negotiations. I was present for the tantrums he threw about said negotiations in the channel 9 sports area.
Yep. I witnessed the same.

Yep. I witnessed the same.
Very odd. Seemed so likeable. Then again I thought the same about a former Ch 9 meteorologist and discovered a similar bipolar personality.

The pitch is to Owens...YES, YES, YES... Found via Doug Logan search. Great announcer and representative of the program.

no there will not be a better voice of the orange.

i like matt park but logan is engrained in my life. i loved listening to the highlights of his calls on the way home from the game more than just about anything.

and he left after 1.5 years. "right between the eyes" yuck.

and he left after 1.5 years. "right between the eyes" yuck.
Bad timing. Too late for Logan, and even 1 season off for Dave Paasch, who might have given us some memorable calls during the championship season.

Wish I could like this 1,000,000 times