Morgan is raising the floor of our QB play | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Morgan is raising the floor of our QB play

Yeah, I don't get it. The dude should have been years away from getting snaps, and instead he started a game behind a busted line with barely any running back support, and he made some things happen! How can we be anything but encouraged by this?
Im not bashing the kid I didn't think he played badly today but if you are ready to hand him the starting QB keys for next year I don't know what ti tell you.

I'm not saying he can't be decent. We have a 4 star QB on the roster and other good qbs in the portal. If your plan is going with a QB next year with offers from austin p and praire view good luck.

We should bring in a transfer. A 4 star from 4 years ago does not supersede what we have seen on the field the last 2.25 years.

Im not bashing the kid I didn't think he played badly today but if you are ready to hand him the starting QB keys for next year I don't know what ti tell you.
You are the one making it a bigger deal than it is. You keep responding with shade every time someone says something mildly positive about the kid. No one thinks he locked down the QB position for the future lol but there was some positive. Only one week of 1st team practice reps. Do you have a prediction on how hard he will work, learn the offense and develop within the next year or so?

Last edited:
You are the one making it a bigger deal than it is. You keep responding with shade every time someone says something mildly positive about the kid. No one thinks he locked down the QB position for the future lol but there was some positive. Only one week of 1st team practice reps. Do you have prediction on how hard he will work, learn the offense and develop within the next year or so?
I'm not throwing any shade I just find it absurd to think he's the starting QB next year.

If you read my post, you'll see I didn't say I expect him to start next year. In fact, I specifically said that I'm not sure that he'll ever start, but he showed enough today to make me feel at the very least he can be a good backup going forward.

If you read my post, you'll see I didn't say I expect him to start next year. In fact, I specifically said that I'm not sure that he'll ever start, but he showed enough today to make me feel at the very least he can be a good backup going forward.
He very well might be and he should play the rest of the year.

I think its not that he Beats out Tommy if he is healthy.. The bigger deal is that he is an upgrade from Rex once he knows the offense. WHen you dont really have a backup you dont run the full offense , pretty clear there is some upside there

I'm not saying he can't be decent. We have a 4 star QB on the roster and other good qbs in the portal. If your plan is going with a QB next year with offers from austin p and praire view good luck.
Probably better than Dungey’s Ivy offers.

He refused to read the posts. Just skips over all the other things people say and reads what he wants to read just so he can disagree.

Is anyone watching the Florida Georgia game ? The Florida Qb should buy his WRs cars
Jump balls , contested tds like 5 plays in the first half .. we need a dog like that
I wanna see Alford and Williams get some run
Morgan had nice poise I’m not gonna point out what I see . D played hard whole team
Played hard . I was happy with the effort

I think its not that he Beats out Tommy if he is healthy.. The bigger deal is that he is an upgrade from Rex once he knows the offense. WHen you dont really have a backup you dont run the full offense , pretty clear there is some upside there
Well ya he's an upgrade over rex.

ED’s offer list didn’t exactly shock the conscience either but he turned out okay

facts

Very encouraging stuff from Morgan so far. He's making plays and doing a lot with this opportunity today.

If nothing else, he should help us all feel better about the QB position going forward. I'm not saying he'll become all-ACC or anything. I don't even know for sure if he'll be a regular starter. But the floor appears to be that if he doesn't start, we'll have a solid backup QB. That's not a luxury we've enjoyed very often lately.

Bigger picture, it's a big deal that one of our diamond in the rough QB prospects looks like he will pan out. For our program we need to have guys, a lot of guys, that outperform their recruiting rankings. Morgan looks like he'll be one. Heck, he already might be. That's big for the program, and even bigger given that it's at QB.

Now that 'Ssippi is showing what he's got, let's see what Tex brings to the table.
not hard to raise the bar this year...

Is anyone watching the Florida Georgia game ? The Florida Qb should buy his WRs cars
Jump balls , contested tds like 5 plays in the first half .. we need a dog like that
I wanna see Alford and Williams get some run
Morgan had nice poise I’m not gonna point out what I see . D played hard whole team
Played hard . I was happy with the effort
Defense played hard. Despite their limitations they gave us a chance to win. We need our offense to surprise us one of these games.

I agree next year should be a battle between td and a transfer. If Morgan is just so good that he beats them both then so be it.
And if you do not see that the main problem is the OL then I do not know what to tell you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom