Morgan is raising the floor of our QB play | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Morgan is raising the floor of our QB play

And if you do not see that the main problem is the OL then I do not know what to tell you.

They are what they are. Blocking wise I thought they did enough to give us a chance to win. The bigger issue than blocking were the killer penalties. The O wasn't too bad at moving the ball. The forward progress fumble really hurt.

With a 6th string RB (tucker out second half)
Tucker played the 2nd half. He was the one who got stripped after his forward progress was stopped . This was at the 6:40 Mark of the 4th quarter. Lutz got a good bit of run in the 2nd half and played well.

Nice game today by Morgan. Played well despite the personnel and play calling issues.

While I don’t think he will ever be a difference maker that can carry a program, he’s an excellent addition towards addressing the depth issues at the position.

His best attribute might be his patience and awareness. I’ll even go out and say his awareness is significantly better than TD or Rex. However, he’s very raw and needs a couple of years learning and growing.

They are what they are. Blocking wise I thought they did enough to give us a chance to win. The bigger issue than blocking were the killer penalties. The O wasn't too bad at moving the ball. The forward progress fumble really hurt.
Dinos teams have continually had stupid penalties, his teams are not very disciplined, and no one seems too pay a price for their stupidity(penalties).

You are not wrong about penalties. Their problem is that and lack of consistency, it is not that they never block well, but that they do not consistently block well.

Dinos teams have continually had stupid penalties, his teams are not very disciplined, and no one seems too pay a price for their stupidity(penalties).
Not just Dino though, it’s a Cuse problem

I said he has a chance to beat out Tommy in response to someone saying no way (I said way).

Give him the rest of this season, off season, spring ball ,and see what happens next August against TD.

No one knows how a few games under his belt will help him develop.

And if he has only been QBing a couple years, who knows what his ceiling is?

At the worst some competition will fire TD up (not that he isn't)

Christ - he did great. True frosh from an non-FB factory HS performed well above expectations in his first start. I’m not comparing him to McNabb, but go check out his stats from his first start as a r-Fr.

I think a Morgan can be a very good QB at this level. Very good feel for the game. Proud of the kid.

Defense played okay, not great, the tackling and run defense is still really not good.
I can see that. Believe me, Im critical of defenses but my post wasnt about that. It was about their effort. They didnt give up despite having a offense they know wont score many points. Ive been on teams like that. I know what its like being on a defense that knows they have to make every stop to win a game. You can easily crumble after giving up a TD or two. Keep in mind that there are guys that should be redshirting that are playing 80 snaps a game. Thompson Wax Hanna Carter to name a few.

Nice game today by Morgan. Played well despite the personnel and play calling issues.

While I don’t think he will ever be a difference maker that can carry a program, he’s an excellent addition towards addressing the depth issues at the position.

His best attribute might be his patience and awareness. I’ll even go out and say his awareness is significantly better than TD or Rex. However, he’s very raw and needs a couple of years learning and growing.
Good post.

Is anyone watching the Florida Georgia game ? The Florida Qb should buy his WRs cars
Jump balls , contested tds like 5 plays in the first half .. we need a dog like that
I wanna see Alford and Williams get some run
Morgan had nice poise I’m not gonna point out what I see . D played hard whole team
Played hard . I was happy with the effort
Need some weapons on our end. Think the two you mentioned could get it done next year.

They only had him one week to prepare. He made throws I did not see our other two qbs make who have been in the program four and five years. He wasn’t perfect but give him a little time. I like to see him with two weeks preparation.
We have 190 yards on offense. No bars have been raised. Its all pathetic at this point on offense.

I honestly don’t know how anyone can judge this kid at this point. He has only been on campus for four months and has received very few reps. Yet, he comes in and completes 26 of 37 passes - that's 70% - and some geniuses are already writing him off as a possible future starter. How old is he 18 or 19?

All one can say is that he shows real promise and has plenty of time to grow. I will add that he looks as good as Ryan Nassib did as a freshman. Ryan played in 9 games and was 36 of 68 (53%) for 422 yards with 3 tds and 1 int.

So let's stop the stupid shade. Just be glad he's here. Props to Gilbert.

You are the one making it a bigger deal than it is. You keep responding with shade every time someone says something mildly positive about the kid. No one thinks he locked down the QB position for the future lol but there was some positive. Only one week of 1st team practice reps. Do you have a prediction on how hard he will work, learn the offense and develop within the next year or so?

That's because he's pushed all of his chips in on TD being our best QB. Cognitive dissonance now that Morgan is playing and performing well.

2020 is one giant arse asterisk and a kid with very few reps in a camp in a pandemic didn’t die behind our broken OL

That’s good

That’s all I got

Christ - he did great. True frosh from an non-FB factory HS performed well above expectations in his first start. I’m not comparing him to McNabb, but go check out his stats from his first start as a r-Fr.

I think a Morgan can be a very good QB at this level. Very good feel for the game. Proud of the kid.

Stats or not you knew McNabb was an absolute stud from game 1. Nothing against Morgan, but comparing their game 1 stats is as apples to oranges as you can get

That's because he's pushed all of his chips in on TD being our best QB. Cognitive dissonance now that Morgan is playing and performing well.
agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom